• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More Whining from an SEC Coach

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Bama played 10 bowl teams during the regular season(including CCG) Those teams went 5-5, any impact on their SOS would have been a push IMO.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a hit, but it's only 1 game out of 13.

It's funny how much people act like the bowl games are the only things that exist after the season are over. Never understood it.

And, yet that's the argument that people made against the B1G for years. Hmmmm. Apparently the shoe is on the other foot.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so it's been established that you don't think Wisconsin is any good, and you're trying to argue that Ohio State played a tougher schedule down the stretch?
No, I never said that.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you believe Ohio St didn't deserve a chance at the playoffs to start with.

I mean, if losing 1 OOC game is somehow the definition of the season and proof teams suck.
I never said that either.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Bama played 10 bowl teams during the regular season(including CCG) Those teams went 5-5, any impact on their SOS would have been a push IMO.
Not all wins/losses are equal. Missouri losing to Indiana is not the same as Wisconsin losing to LSU

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt a non-P5 team makes the CFP anytime soon. Boise St was straight up used for an agenda, the CFP had nothing to do with making things better for teams like Boise, the committee is there to make sure it doesn't happen.
Okay, now I'm pissed.......:bullshit:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that either.

Well which is it? If 1 OOC loss on the season is proof that teams are over-rated, then where does Ohio St fall in that category since you lost to VT?

How does Ohio St even deserve to get into the playoffs to start with in order to beat Alabama and then Oregon as your only OOC game up to that point was a loss.

Or is "they didn't play anyone until then" only valid when SEC teams play other SEC teams, and not when Big10 teams play Big10 teams? Or is there some other big OOC game on Ohio St's schedule last year that we are unaware of?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, now I'm pissed.......:bullshit:

Sorry, just being honest.

It's the only real reason for a committee over BCS type rankings IMO. Boise St would be able to make top4 in that kind of format, but committee will punish much harder for SoS.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I never said that.

You're claiming that everyone in the SEC West is overrated b/c a majority of them lost their bowl game. LSU was one of those team's that lost their bowl game(albeit meaningless, and this coming from an ND fan) and they beat Wisconsin in a game that mattered, does that mean then Wisconsin is overrated too, since they couldn't beat LSU?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all wins/losses are equal. Missouri losing to Indiana is not the same as Wisconsin losing to LSU

I agree.

Big12 fans go nuts on me for saying such things however.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well which is it? If 1 OOC loss on the season is proof that teams are over-rated, then where does Ohio St fall in that category since you lost to VT?

How does Ohio St even deserve to get into the playoffs to start with in order to beat Alabama and then Oregon as your only OOC game up to that point was a loss.

Or is "they didn't play anyone until then" only valid when SEC teams play other SEC teams, and not when Big10 teams play Big10 teams? Or is there some other big OOC game on Ohio St's schedule last year that we are unaware of?
See you are forgetting nobody was chest thumping about SoS and all those high rankings when tOSU got the OOC loss. However it was being done for the SEC until they played their bowls and then got that loss. You do not get to say how its super tough and get all that SoS cred and not take a major hit after the losses and to the validity of that SoS they were getting.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you are forgetting nobody was chest thumping about SoS and all those high rankings when tOSU got the OOC loss. However it was being done for the SEC until they played their bowls and then got that loss. You do not get to say how its super tough and get all that SoS cred and not take a major hit after the losses and to the validity of that SoS they were getting.

Spot on, Ellupo

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're claiming that everyone in the SEC West is overrated b/c a majority of them lost their bowl game. LSU was one of those team's that lost their bowl game(albeit meaningless, and this coming from an ND fan) and they beat Wisconsin in a game that mattered, does that mean then Wisconsin is overrated too, since they couldn't beat LSU?
Wisky finished 13 after beating Auburn in the bowl, that is about right IMO.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You claimed the SEC teams didn't play anyone until the end of the year and then that proved they were over-rated because they lost an OOC game.

So again, going into the playoffs Ohio St was in that exact same scenario.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is blaming losses on "Being too tired" After nearly a month off and when "the draft grades are released" are exponentially lamer excuses than "we played road games".

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisky finished 13 after beating Auburn in the bowl, that is about right IMO.

But, but, but Wisconsin must be overrated right because they lost to LSU, and everybody in the B1G West proved to be overrated based on their bowl game performance(Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa and Illinois all lost their bowl game)

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, but, but Wisconsin must be overrated right because they lost to LSU, and everybody in the B1G West proved to be overrated based on their bowl game performance(Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa and Illinois all lost their bowl game)
ok

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is blaming losses on "Being too tired" After nearly a month off and when "the draft grades are released" are exponentially lamer excuses than "we played road games".

Except Saban never actually used that as an excuse and it was nothing but media trying to drive clicks/views that brought it.

It was pretty pathetic journalism in general. Kind of crap you might expect on a message forum, not from people who claim to be professionals. Not a single person actually asked him anything about Ohio St directly. Not a single one of them asked Saban to clarify if that is what he meant. Not a single one of them took any of his other quotes where he gives Ohio St all the credit in the world.

He was interviewed by Finebaum later in the day and Finebaum asked him etc. And Saban said directly it wasn't an excuse, wasn't try to make an excuse and gave all the credit to Ohio St(as would be expected).

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You claimed the SEC teams didn't play anyone until the end of the year and then that proved they were over-rated because they lost an OOC game.

So again, going into the playoffs Ohio St was in that exact same scenario.
I didn't say that, I said when they played good teams in the bowls they lost and showed they were over-ranked.

Who tOSU played was a big problem and almost cost them a shot. Yes they were in the same scenario yet did not get the SoS credit the SEC did when it turns out it was not so deserved.