• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mora Calls Mariota A "Sure Thing"

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton.. Cam and Russell both mix in a dose of the spread O with their pro style offenses.. All he needs to do is watch tape on them. Carolina and Seattle are both run first teams with a good D. MM is faster than Cam, but Cam can take more of a beating. Russell and MM have a lot of similarities.

Rams are set up for run first and play D. :nod:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would, too, just to move on from Bradford getting hurt every year. He is the Teddy Bridgewater of this draft. People are picking him apart but he still has what you're looking for even if its not going to show up in Week 1.

I don't know about that. I didn't give a crap about the hand size and skinny knees when it came to Bridgewater; unless I missed something with him when I was watching his games. When I see scouts questioning Mariota's ability to make NFL throws, my ears perk up just a tad more when I have watched Oregon games.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. I didn't give a crap about the hand size and skinny knees when it came to Bridgewater; unless I missed something with him when I was watching his games. When I see scouts questioning Mariota's ability to make NFL throws, my ears perk up just a tad more when I have watched Oregon games.
The giant red flag with him is: Oregon. He could be Colt McCoy

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I have watched of Oregon (just a few games) it seems like he just doesn't play from the pocket like you want from an NFL quarterback. A lot of what he does looks more like backyard football and he has had players around him that could just run away from everybody. My biggest question with him is how does he do throwing into tight windows like there will be in the NFL? Guys are not running 10 yards open but a handful of times in a season so can he then fit in those timing routes. Heck the best example of a guy playing like this in the NFL is that of Russell Wilson and we have seen now in the playoffs what happens when teams actually force him to play from the pocket. Green Bay did this quite a bit and he threw a ton of picks and the biggest play of the season is where he had to throw from the pocket into traffic. Now I actually think Wilson is a great player because he fights to the very end probably better than any other quarterback in the league but he has some limitations that I'm surprised more teams don't take advantage of.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't they say that about a lot of prospects these days of them being a "sure thing." Pretty sure RGIII had that title when he was drafted. Heck JaMarcus Russell by a few analyst were called the best quarterback they had ever seen at his pro day. That worked out well. Every year those words are thrown out and almost every year it seems guys have to eat those words.

There's also the issue that it almost sets someone up for failure. If they get a lot of hype and then don't live up to it but still do okay then that's one thing, but I do wonder sometimes if excess hype gets to someone to the point that it probably ruins their career (obvious example: Jimmy Clausen).

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no such thing as a sure thing.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no such thing as a sure thing.

Bullshit. College girls from ASU will not let you take their title from them.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Manning & Luck, there haven't been any "sure thing" QBs in the draft in the last 20 years.

Anyone who sights MM having a heisman trophy as proof of his ability to be an NFL QB, needs to take a look at the history of Heisman winning QBs in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better chance at being a bust.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so a college head coach that failed to make it in the NFL himself and has zero credibility at that level is thread/newsworthy for his assessment of a kid he never coached why? :noidea:

Duck fans may have entirely taken over the CFB general board, but really fuck off with this lame shit on the NFL board.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so a college head coach that failed to make it in the NFL himself and has zero credibility at that level is thread/newsworthy for his assessment of a kid he never coached why? :noidea:

Duck fans may have entirely taken over the CFB general board, but really fuck off with this lame shit on the NFL board.

It would be one thing if it was midseason, but it's the offseason and in the middle of February; so anything vaguely NFL related (about a guy who could go 1:1 in the draft no less) is fine in my book with no real football to look forward to. I humbly disagree with your view of this thread.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be one thing if it was midseason, but it's the offseason and in the middle of February; so anything vaguely NFL related (about a guy who could go 1:1 in the draft no less) is fine in my book with no real football to look forward to. I humbly disagree with your view of this thread.

You haven't seen the total invasion of the CFB gen board then. Clearly.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't seen the total invasion of the CFB gen board then. Clearly.

mods, please move this comment to the Washington husky team forum. obviously this much jelly has a place in the cellar

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Future NFL clipboard holder. Great stats vs college cupcakes. The few times he faced a defense with a pulse he shit his pants.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Manning & Luck, there haven't been any "sure thing" QBs in the draft in the last 20 years.

Anyone who sights MM having a heisman trophy as proof of his ability to be an NFL QB, needs to take a look at the history of Heisman winning QBs in the NFL.

I wouldn't even put luck as a sure thing. He hasn't done well in playoffs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Future NFL clipboard holder. Great stats vs college cupcakes. The few times he faced a defense with a pulse he shit his pants.

I agree, and he plays in one of those Offenses that doesn't translate into the NFL. Only Shot he has if the Eagles drafted him.