• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Offseason v1.0

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no teams talking about Fairley? If he is out there after Murray signs I wonder if we kick the tires if Murray leaves

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no teams talking about Fairley? If he is out there after Murray signs I wonder if we kick the tires if Murray leaves
you and me here but regardless of what happens to murray.
I think Dallas's play is slow with all. We need this guy to be low balled for a week or so.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter signs a 4 year deal with Tampa. Cowboys FA's going like hotcakes.....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now that we're not going to be paying Murray can we sign a cheaper back and maybe add somebody to the D Line before the draft?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now that we're not going to be paying Murray can we sign a cheaper back and maybe add somebody to the D Line before the draft?
I'd be surprised if the Cowboys sign any FA's outside the $3-4 million a year range. They appear dead set on getting their cap under control and building through the draft. As sad as I am to see Murray go(damn sad), it's hard to condemn the front office for finally having a long term plan and sticking to it

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think McClain is on our radar, but after that, who knows. Haven't heard anything. Sounds like they liked the bargain hunting style from the last few years which I have to say, I do too...

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McClain is on our radar, but after that, who knows. Haven't heard anything. Sounds like they liked the bargain hunting style from the last few years which I have to say, I do too...

Bargain hunting is great when it pays dividends, not sure they can hit on as many as they have of late. some aren't going to work out as we all know

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bargain hunting is great when it pays dividends, not sure they can hit on as many as they have of late. some aren't going to work out as we all know

True, but they don't hurt when you swing and miss

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest position holes to fill for all 32 teams in the NFL Draft
March 18, 2015 4:38 pm ET

The big wave of free agency has come and gone, and the focus has turned to the draft, but that doesn't mean there still aren't holes to fill, some huge ones, for each of the NFL's 32 teams.

You can't solve all the problems in free agency. In fact, it's usually only a few if a team is lucky. For many of the bad teams, it can take years to fix the trouble spots and usually ends up in staff turnover if unsuccessful.

Even the good teams, the Super Bowl teams, have issues as they ready for the draft. So here's a look at the main trouble spot for each of the NFL's 32 teams.

Arizona Cardinals
Biggest Problem Area: Power runner

They have Andre Ellington to catch the ball and run it in space, but they want to get a bigger back to run it inside better. That's why they've been mentioned in the Adrian Peterson talks.

Atlanta Falcons
Biggest Problem Area: Edge rusher

I know they signed Brooks Reed and Adrian Clayborn, but that isn't enough for a team that clearly lacked a pass rush last season. They should use the eighth pick overall on a young edge rusher to fit Dan Quinn's scheme.

Baltimore Ravens
Biggest Problem Area: Big-play receiver

Steve Smith is 35 and Marlon Brown and Kamar Aiken are young and certainly not No. 1-receiver types. The Ravens need to use a handful of their 14 picks on receivers after losing Torrey Smith to the 49ers.

Buffalo Bills
Biggest Problem Area:
Quarterback

They can't really believe Matt Cassel is the answer. Right? EJ Manuel hasn't come close to making anybody believe he is either. This is a team with talent. But can they fix the quarterback position?

Carolina Panthers
Biggest Problem Area: Offensive tackle

Yes, they signed Michael Oher. And they have Nate Chandler. But they need help in the worst way. They almost have to take a tackle with the 25th pick overall. Don't they?

Chicago Bears
Biggest Problem Area: A power nose tackle

With the move to the 3-4, they have a lot of defensive tackles who look more like the one-gap type of players. They need a big, massive body to play on the nose. Will Sutton isn't that guy.

Cincinnati Bengals
Biggest Problem Area: Speed at linebacker

They signed A.J. Hawk and re-signed Rey Maualuga, but they don't run that well. Emmanuel Lamur does, but Vontaze Burfict is coming off micro-fracture surgery. They need a young, fast linebacker to go with Lamur.

h2>
CLE.png
Cleveland Browns

Biggest Problem Area: No. 1 receiver

They signed Brian Hartline as a free agent, but he is a No. 2 receiver -- at best. With Josh Gordon gone for the year, they lack the No. 1 go-to guy. The group they have now certainly doesn't feature one.

DAL.png
Dallas Cowboys

p>

Biggest Problem Area: Defensive tackles They moved Tyrone Crawford inside last year, and he did a nice job, but he's a bit undersized. They need a wide body who can clog the middle against the run.

DEN.png
Denver Broncos

Biggest Problem Area: Right tackle

They want to move Louis Vasquez back inside to guard, and right now that would mean Chris Clark or Paul Cornick would start at right tackle. They need to be better than that.

DET.png
Detroit Lions

Biggest Problem Area: Starting corner Darius Slay is one starter, and Rashean Mathis, who played well for them last season, is being re-signed. But he's 34. They need to get a young corner.

GB.png
Green Bay Packers

Biggest Problem Area: Inside linebacker

If the season started today, the Packers would have either Carl Bradford or Sam Barrington starting next to Clay Matthews inside, if they keep Matthews there. They need to get faster in the middle of their defense, so a young, swift linebacker early in the draft would make sense.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope our top 3 picks are DT, DT, RB in no particular order. I could live with a corner as well. At some point I would love to grab a "utility" offensive lineman that can plug holes and rotate in and out when need be.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest position holes to fill for all 32 teams in the NFL Draft
March 18, 2015 4:38 pm ET

The big wave of free agency has come and gone, and the focus has turned to the draft, but that doesn't mean there still aren't holes to fill, some huge ones, for each of the NFL's 32 teams.

You can't solve all the problems in free agency. In fact, it's usually only a few if a team is lucky. For many of the bad teams, it can take years to fix the trouble spots and usually ends up in staff turnover if unsuccessful.

Even the good teams, the Super Bowl teams, have issues as they ready for the draft. So here's a look at the main trouble spot for each of the NFL's 32 teams.

Arizona Cardinals
Biggest Problem Area: Power runner

They have Andre Ellington to catch the ball and run it in space, but they want to get a bigger back to run it inside better. That's why they've been mentioned in the Adrian Peterson talks.

Atlanta Falcons
Biggest Problem Area: Edge rusher

I know they signed Brooks Reed and Adrian Clayborn, but that isn't enough for a team that clearly lacked a pass rush last season. They should use the eighth pick overall on a young edge rusher to fit Dan Quinn's scheme.

Baltimore Ravens
Biggest Problem Area: Big-play receiver

Steve Smith is 35 and Marlon Brown and Kamar Aiken are young and certainly not No. 1-receiver types. The Ravens need to use a handful of their 14 picks on receivers after losing Torrey Smith to the 49ers.

Buffalo Bills
Biggest Problem Area:
Quarterback

They can't really believe Matt Cassel is the answer. Right? EJ Manuel hasn't come close to making anybody believe he is either. This is a team with talent. But can they fix the quarterback position?

Carolina Panthers
Biggest Problem Area: Offensive tackle

Yes, they signed Michael Oher. And they have Nate Chandler. But they need help in the worst way. They almost have to take a tackle with the 25th pick overall. Don't they?

Chicago Bears
Biggest Problem Area: A power nose tackle

With the move to the 3-4, they have a lot of defensive tackles who look more like the one-gap type of players. They need a big, massive body to play on the nose. Will Sutton isn't that guy.

Cincinnati Bengals
Biggest Problem Area: Speed at linebacker

They signed A.J. Hawk and re-signed Rey Maualuga, but they don't run that well. Emmanuel Lamur does, but Vontaze Burfict is coming off micro-fracture surgery. They need a young, fast linebacker to go with Lamur.

h2>
CLE.png
Cleveland Browns

Biggest Problem Area: No. 1 receiver

They signed Brian Hartline as a free agent, but he is a No. 2 receiver -- at best. With Josh Gordon gone for the year, they lack the No. 1 go-to guy. The group they have now certainly doesn't feature one.

DAL.png
Dallas Cowboys

p>

Biggest Problem Area: Defensive tackles They moved Tyrone Crawford inside last year, and he did a nice job, but he's a bit undersized. They need a wide body who can clog the middle against the run.

DEN.png
Denver Broncos

Biggest Problem Area: Right tackle

They want to move Louis Vasquez back inside to guard, and right now that would mean Chris Clark or Paul Cornick would start at right tackle. They need to be better than that.

DET.png
Detroit Lions

Biggest Problem Area: Starting corner Darius Slay is one starter, and Rashean Mathis, who played well for them last season, is being re-signed. But he's 34. They need to get a young corner.

GB.png
Green Bay Packers

Biggest Problem Area: Inside linebacker

If the season started today, the Packers would have either Carl Bradford or Sam Barrington starting next to Clay Matthews inside, if they keep Matthews there. They need to get faster in the middle of their defense, so a young, swift linebacker early in the draft would make sense.
There are more 320+ lb DT's projected in the first 3 rounds of this draft than the last few years

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are more 320+ lb DT's projected in the first 3 rounds of this draft than the last few years

Maybe we can land a big one, thats really productive

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can land a big one, thats really productive
There are too many good ones at the top not to have one fal. There are also some outstanding 3T prospects, Michael Bennett has some Aaron Donald to him. Crawford looked pretty good at the 3 though

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This D does not value 1techs. Crawford is the 3tech truth and proof is in why we passed on Floyd who plays with Vikings when we knew he'd be a stud, reason why we passed on Suh, reason why we started Hayden and don't invest money into that position. If it were me I'd spend a low mid rounder but look for Brent to Start at 1tech. The DL only needs depth now Hardy and DLaw are your ends, Mincey plays on RDE and kick in on pass downs as three tech with Crawford as one tech. We need depth on DL , a true FS, CB help, and a RB. If it were me I'd see how much Raji wants and sign him so a low two year deal incentive based IF he is interested. My biggest need as of now is LB unless we sign McClain.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This D does not value 1techs. Crawford is the 3tech truth and proof is in why we passed on Floyd who plays with Vikings when we knew he'd be a stud, reason why we passed on Suh, reason why we started Hayden and don't invest money into that position. If it were me I'd spend a low mid rounder but look for Brent to Start at 1tech. The DL only needs depth now Hardy and DLaw are your ends, Mincey plays on RDE and kick in on pass downs as three tech with Crawford as one tech. We need depth on DL , a true FS, CB help, and a RB. If it were me I'd see how much Raji wants and sign him so a low two year deal incentive based IF he is interested. My biggest need as of now is LB unless we sign McClain.
You're right in that 1T isn't a priority position for Rod like a 3T, WLB or rush end, but the club could certainly stand an upgrade at that spot. If McClain signs, Lee will be the perfect Will, Crawford is doing great at 3T, and the club just signed the sack a game end. FS and Corner are needs, but there are solid prospects like Brown and Goldman who could be there at 27

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If hardy had signed with patriots godell would drop the investigation and join kraft and hardy for a celebratory toddy at the nearest strip club