• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Offseason v1.0

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are interested in Trent Cole and Brian Orakpo says he is a Texas boy that wouldn't mind playing for the Cowboys. I'm sure they will end up where the money is greener, but either of those fella's would look just fine in Rod's system IMO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cobb to Houston would be a good fit and it wouldnt surprise me.

The Houston Chronicle reports the Texans are making a run at free agents Randall Cobb and Jeremy Maclin.

With Andre Johnson expected to be released, the Texans are in the market for a receiver opposite DeAndre Hopkins. Cobb is seeking $11 million annually as the top wideout available, while Maclin could require a deal in excess of $8M per season. The Texans have also been linked to free agent Torrey Smith.
Related: Jeremy Maclin

Source: John McClain on Twitter
Mar 7 - 2:51 PM

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read Cobb is staying with GB. $40M for 4 years

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Cowboys CB Sterling Moore will not be re-signed
by Dave Peters | CBSSports.com
Cowboys cornerback Sterling Moore will become an unrestricted free agent, per ESPN.com. The team will not tender him a contract and he is now looking for work.

Moore saw increased playing time due to the two-game suspension of cornerback Orlando Scandrick and the season-ending injury suffered by cornerback Morris Claiborne in week four.

The fifth-year cornerback played in 16 games while starting seven in 2014.

Moore was good for depth last year, played decent at times

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Moore news this morning. Guy isn't going to cost a lot. I would sign him right now. He would be OK as the nickel corner and would be great as a #4. I take this as we aren't cutting Carr. With Claibornes injury, if you don't sign Moore and cut Carr you have one playable CB. Even if you draft one you want Moore as a cheap guy that can play or not play and still not hurt your cap.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get not signing Moore. It seems Dallas is going to go into the 2015 season expecting Claiborne to contribute -- HUGE mistake IMO. Claiborne has shown absolutely nothing in the NFL, and Sterling Moore was much better last year than Claiborne has been at any point in his three year career. Not only that, but the only news I have heard about Claiborne's recovery from knee surgery is that it's going slowly and apparently Mo is not putting in a lot of effort into the rehab. Why is this team still bothering with Mo Claibum?

Moore was second on the team with 12 passes defensed this past season. Claibum has 15 passes defensed in 29 career games.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Ingram is off the market. A JG favorite after Murray

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I'm loving the Philly offseason. Only thing that would clinch it for me would be trading Foles and going all in on a rookie, or even better playing SANCHIZE!!!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I'm loving the Philly offseason. Only thing that would clinch it for me would be trading Foles and going all in on a rookie, or even better playing SANCHIZE!!!

Totally agree, would love to see them trade Foles and pick Mariota in the draft and he and Chip go down in flames together with the Eagles.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree, would love to see them trade Foles and pick Mariota in the draft and he and Chip go down in flames together with the Eagles.
And the beat goes on....Maclin is headed to KC. Really a head scratcher. It seems like guys like Desean Jackson, Lesean McCoy and Jeremy Maclin would have been ideal for the Eagles scheme. I guess Riley Cooper really is the man lol

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Merry Xmas.

it's only half your present but I think your other half is on it's way.

The Jets now have Marshall and Decker and no QB. Seems like a nice fit for Foles. If the $ end works.

Mark Sanchez to re-sign with Philadelphia Eagles - ESPN

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the beat goes on....Maclin is headed to KC. Really a head scratcher. It seems like guys like Desean Jackson, Lesean McCoy and Jeremy Maclin would have been ideal for the Eagles scheme. I guess Riley Cooper really is the man lol

Maxwell is an upgrade but I don't think that was the best way to spend that money. Without the safeties he played with, I see him as just above avg CB. Gore is not Lesean, Maclin is gone....not sure what they heck Chip is doing.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxwell is an upgrade but I don't think that was the best way to spend that money. Without the safeties he played with, I see him as just above avg CB. Gore is not Lesean, Maclin is gone....not sure what they heck Chip is doing.
I think if Jerry got rid of Dez, Murray and TWill, it would take a lot more than Maxwell, Gore and Kiko to quiet the lynch mob.....

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Jerry got rid of Dez, Murray and TWill, it would take a lot more than Maxwell, Gore and Kiko to quiet the lynch mob.....

No doubt. I am going to have a hard time if we lose a talented RB and don't replace him with proven talent or at the very least upgrade the defense with the money saved. :lm:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maxwell is a huge upgrade. My problem with the move is he's not near an over $10M per year player. Apparently they are also looking at Williams from GB. Signing both would be great for them for next years starting lineup, but it just comes down to how you use your cap dollars. If Maclin leaves they are in trouble (probably in trouble any way). If you are rebuilding and waiting on Mariotta, why give that deal to Maxwell? I think they are looking at Dez and the Giant WRs and thinking they need to upgrade at any cost, but that "Jerry like" thinking is not usually a good thing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. I am going to have a hard time if we lose a talented RB and don't replace him with proven talent or at the very least upgrade the defense with the money saved. :lm:

Exactly. We could lose Murray and still be better off going into next year, but we can't lose Murray (and not replace him) and expect the current defense to play as well as they did last year because our Offense won't shorten the game as much for them.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about the Maxwell signing as it pertains to the Cowboys. If you give a corner $10 million a year, you'd better be able to lock up one side of the field. I hope they try and play Maxwell straight up on Dez. The only way he can handle Dez is with a safety over the top, so, meh. Gore is 32, love seeing him back there instead of McCoy, and Maclin was their best WR. Alonzo is a nice player, but the Cowboys can get him blocked. Matching up with the speed on Jackson and McCoy was the biggest mismatch the Cowboys faced against the Eagles