• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft Chat

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think an instead of a no HOF NBA draft, a way to add strategy while not overloading the teams would be to use a low cap ($40 million)and designate 7 bench players as $1 million max, which would be never played in an All Star game. That's $7 million for 7 guys. Then you have $33 million for the other 5 guys. Designate Michael Jordan as $29 million, meaning if you take him, your other for starters must also be $1 million non all stars. Any other players are a straight $2 million per all star appearance, meaning, if you selected a 14 time All Star(28 million), you'd only have $5 million for your other 4 starters, 1 all-star and 3 non.
I think this would lead to all kinds of different teams, and wouldn't allow anyone to be to loaded to complete with. Just a thought

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it.
So.... $40 million cap for 12 players. Straight $2 million per all star appearance, $1 million for a non all star. All bench players must be non all star, so $7 million on the bench. That leaves $33 million budget for 5 starters, about $6.6 per starter or 3 all star games per. Or one guy with 12 all stars($24) and four guys with one each($8) or however you'd like to split it up.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about a minute max for starters?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got an idea for the next baseball draft that I think will make voting a clearer deal. Make everything apples to apples
18 man roster
9 man lineup
1 pinch hitter
1 pinch runner or defender
4 man rotation
1 closer
1 set up
1 long relief

Play it as a 5 games series where everyone is healthy. All 4 starters pitch a game, aces come back for game 5(if necessary). Voting for game 5 isn't an automatic, for instance if you pick Randy Johnson to beat Tom Seaver in game 1, a split in game 5 might be logical.
Twist in voting is each voter specify the winner of each game
Example
UK vs WLK

Game 1-UK
Game 2 WLK
Game 3 WLK
Game 4 UK
Game 5 WLK

This way, there's no vague voting, everything is black and white

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got an idea for the next baseball draft that I think will make voting a clearer deal. Make everything apples to apples
18 man roster
9 man lineup
1 pinch hitter
1 pinch runner or defender
4 man rotation
1 closer
1 set up
1 long relief

Play it as a 5 games series where everyone is healthy. All 4 starters pitch a game, aces come back for game 5(if necessary). Voting for game 5 isn't an automatic, for instance if you pick Randy Johnson to beat Tom Seaver in game 1, a split in game 5 might be logical.
Twist in voting is each voter specify the winner of each game
Example
UK vs WLK

Game 1-UK
Game 2 WLK
Game 3 WLK
Game 4 UK
Game 5 WLK

This way, there's no vague voting, everything is black and white

Congrats on the win WLK!

The only thing I dont like is the 4 man rotation with the #1 starter pitching a 5th game. Why not just have 5 starters and all 5 start if necessary? I dont like the thought of sayin Well Johnson wins game 1 but Seaver wins game 5, based on what?

Just throwing it out there if we do add a 5th starter we could add a 2nd pinch hitter one lefty one righty??? Which would make it 20. I like the defensive replacement idea but how do we show when we use the player?

How do we determine long reliever and set up? What is the criteria? Not bashing just wanna get these questions out of the way.

Notice I had no questions about the NBA draft, hahahahaha!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the win WLK!

The only thing I dont like is the 4 man rotation with the #1 starter pitching a 5th game. Why not just have 5 starters and all 5 start if necessary? I dont like the thought of sayin Well Johnson wins game 1 but Seaver wins game 5, based on what?

Just throwing it out there if we do add a 5th starter we could add a 2nd pinch hitter one lefty one righty??? Which would make it 20. I like the defensive replacement idea but how do we show when we use the player?

How do we determine long reliever and set up? What is the criteria? Not bashing just wanna get these questions out of the way.

Notice I had no questions about the NBA draft, hahahahaha!
5 SP would be fine, I liked having the ace go twice. I went 3 relievers, say a closer plus righty/Lefty. Just trying to simplify voting, I think sometimes guys want the voting as fair to judge as possible

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have anything against the ace going twice but its hard to justify I voted for your ace in game 1 and your opponents ace in game 5.

Closer and a lefty/righty in the pen works great! I like a lefty/right pinch hitter too if everyones good with that.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for next NFL, this would be a blast

Every pick is a team/starting UNIT pick

Example, 2014 Cowboys WR/TE- Dez, TWill, Witten

Every team picks:
QB/RB/FB- 2 Units(then combine 6 into Starter/Subs)
WR1,WR2,TE-2 Units(6 players)
OL-2 Units(10 players)
DLine-2 Units(6 or 8)
LB-2 Units(6 or 8, can't be same # as DL)
DB's, 2CB, SS, FS 2 Units(8 players)
Kicking Game(1K, 1P) 2 Units(4 players)
That's a 48 man roster. After all units are picked, there are 5 more rounds of individual Wild Card player picks, to put the roster at 53(can be any player not yet picked, are eligible to start).

Rules are, one a player is picked. He is off the board, example, if I took 2014 Cowboys WR's, no Cowboys UNIT withs Dez, Williams or Witten could be picked
When you pick a unit, you list the year, team, and players(all players go on team thread)
You can make trades for any individual players, but a pick during the Unit round would have to be traded for a whole unit or a unit pick

Draft would be 19 rounds, 14 unit, 5 WC. Thoughts?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We able to combine units to make 1 super unit?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We able to combine units to make 1 super unit?
Yes, I'm trying to have a 53 man roster in 19 rounds. Let's say I took those 2014 Cowboys WR, and then took 1996 Vikings WR's, say. Moss, CC and Jordan. I'd have 4 WR's and 2 TE. I could stick with that, or, use 1 of my individual picks to supplement it, like if after all units were taken, Steve Smith were on the board, I could have 5/4. All rosters show starters as usual, but now you have the roster to start 2 back, 2WR, 1 TE, or 1 back, 2 WR, 2 TE, or 1 back 3 WR 1 TE. In the above example, my starting WR's would be Moss, Dez, CC and Witten, and I'd go 1back. All players picked are considered in their primes, as we do now

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that in 19 rounds, we'd have 53 players, the ability to do whatever scheme you want on O/D, personnel groups, 3rd down, nickel, big nickel, whatever you want

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this idea. We can only take HOFers as players. Goal is to have the WORST team.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My suggestion on NBA draft:
12 picks from 12 different teams (that we decide on)Player had to play 5 seasons with the team designated. I'm thinking no Lakers, Bulls, or Celtic players.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My suggestion on NBA draft:
12 picks from 12 different teams (that we decide on)Player had to play 5 seasons with the team designated. I'm thinking no Lakers, Bulls, or Celtic players.
I don't like eliminating the best teams. The Lakers kad enough great players. That 10 different GMs would still get a HOF player. I kind of like the cap I suggested, but will roll whatever

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid to choose as I don't wanna anger anyone...

I don't like eliminating the best teams either. Remember before I Said we could break teams up in groups and we can only draft 1 player per group, I kinda like that idea. I have always been a fan of cap drafts so...