• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft Chat

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Hoops?

No cap, but for any HOF player you take, you have to take 2 players later in the draft that spent 80% of his career as a non starter. Meaning, you could have up to 4 HOF players, but you'd have to have 8 predominantly bench players with them. Could that beat a team of 12 Non HOF All Stars?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Hoops?

No cap, but for any HOF player you take, you have to take 2 players later in the draft that spent 80% of his career as a non starter. Meaning, you could have up to 4 HOF players, but you'd have to have 8 predominantly bench players with them. Could that beat a team of 12 Non HOF All Stars?

Sounds complicated lol (id still do it)

I like the idea of NBA with all star games and MVPs determining cap hit though.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds complicated lol (id still do it)

I like the idea of NBA with all star games and MVPs determining cap hit though.
I think that's what we did last time, was fun though. Hoops just gets us closer to hardball and pigskin lol

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like the idea UK but is everyone gonna do the research to choose these bench guys?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Hoops?

not a fan of this because basketball is the sport that is MOST about the stars... One player can take control, but having 4 stars is just too much... even with 8 predominant bench players...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a fan of this because basketball is the sport that is MOST about the stars... One player can take control, but having 4 stars is just too much... even with 8 predominant bench players...

Okay then give us an idea and lets not make it something like we use BPM to decide the best team...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about by birthplace...

12 players

4 must be European
4 Must be born in the USA
4 Must be born outside of Europe or the USA

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about by birthplace...

12 players

4 must be European
4 Must be born in the USA
4 Must be born outside of Europe or the USA

I think Troy had an idea like this a while back... I think this isn't a bad idea for basketball...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Troy had an idea like this a while back... I think this isn't a bad idea for basketball...
Its harder to change hoops. I could pick MLB or NFL teams and there are totally different ways you can put teams together. Hoops, not so much, so I think you have to do some different stuff like this. I'm open to whatever

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an idea for the baseball draft
Everyone gets the standard 24 players, but there are only 10 rounds in the draft.
Instead of picking a specific player, you choose a franchise position. Then you get any player that played that position for said franchise, and no one else can pick it. Example, sat you took Braves 3rd base. You could start Chipper Jones, and have Bob Horner as a backup or DH.

Everyone picks a teams

C
1B
2B
3B
SS
LF
CF
RF
SP
RP

After the draft, everyone has 24 hours to set their lineups. Yes, SP means all 5 SP's
Criteria for player eligibility for a franchise could be first appearance, most games in that uniform, 1st all star appearance, etc
Player would only be eligible for the position he played the most games in. Meaning, 600 games in CF, 560 in LF, he's a CF

8 position, DH and bench come from 8 position picks
Entire Rotation and entire pen come from franchise picked

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think I like this although id need to think more about it. There seems to be huge advantage drafting one of the first picks, CF for the Yanks comes to mind. SP for the Dodgers by the time we get to the 12th pick the best left will be shortstop for the Diamondbacks... I'll think more about this. Maybe we can tweek it somehow...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think I like this although id need to think more about it. There seems to be huge advantage drafting one of the first picks, CF for the Yanks comes to mind. SP for the Dodgers by the time we get to the 12th pick the best left will be shortstop for the Diamondbacks... I'll think more about this. Maybe we can tweek it somehow...
I don't think anyone would take Diamondbacks SS lol. If there are 8 teams, I'm pretty sure the best 8-10 SS's ever would still be picked. What it would prevent is someone taking one of the best ever as their bench. Besides that, it's DIFFERENT

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think it's a pretty cool idea.

Every team should have some good options regardless

And maybe you get like the 9th best 3B but that team had a another very nice option making for a possible right/left platoon and bench depth?

It does sound interesting and way different.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my zany idea. One that does not preach fairness for all. Teaches you to make the most of your luck or bad luck.

Nos pulls names names for a random order each round. So you could potentially(if you are the luckiest person of all time) have the 1st pick of every single round.

obviously before the draft everyone would have to be aware of where they are picking each round.

It would be even cooler if the round order were determined 1 at a time but that would require everyone being available ASAP lol.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my zany idea. One that does not preach fairness for all. Teaches you to make the most of your luck or bad luck.

Nos pulls names names for a random order each round. So you could potentially(if you are the luckiest person of all time) have the 1st pick of every single round.

obviously before the draft everyone would have to be aware of where they are picking each round.

It would be even cooler if the round order were determined 1 at a time but that would require everyone being available ASAP lol.
There's something we could do with the hat as well.......pick random two man teams AFTER the draft. The two GM's could then combine their teams into one 24 man squad. Winners take all

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that's its different and I was obviously joking about the D-Backs SS I just think it would be such a huge advantage to pick 1st and such a huge disadvantage to pick last. I like Hockey's idea but i'd be surprised if others did.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that's its different and I was obviously joking about the D-Backs SS I just think it would be such a huge advantage to pick 1st and such a huge disadvantage to pick last. I like Hockey's idea but i'd be surprised if others did.

Yeah my idea would be hard to get all on board. Maybe the hardcore regulars would be cool with it since we're always trying new things.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a 3 peat in baseball.....I'll volunteer to be last if it's a disadvantage:suds: