• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB TRADES

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Archer

tenor.gif

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this move because it helps them win now and the future. Plus Archer's numbers are just better outside the AL East.

Meadows will be a good player but he's blocked from starting and they already have a deep OF prospect group.
Glasnow could be good but didn't seem like he would ever figure it out in Pittsburgh.
PTBNL is not Hayes so that's a good start.

No reason for the Pirates to be and act like real contenders through at least 2020.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this move because it helps them win now and the future. Plus Archer's numbers are just better outside the AL East.

Meadows will be a good player but he's blocked from starting and they already have a deep OF prospect group.
Glasnow could be good but didn't seem like he would ever figure it out in Pittsburgh.

No reason for the Pirates to be and act like real contenders through at least 2020.
They'll battle the Reds for last place.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don't have an issue with Glasnow going as you state. If he is only to become a great relief pitcher then oh well and Meadows was blocked and I like the sell high on him to get a player like Archer.
No Hayes is good I wonder if it will be one of the middle infielders then?

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't have an issue with Glasnow going as you state. If he is only to become a great relief pitcher then oh well and Meadows was blocked and I like the sell high on him to get a player like Archer.
No Hayes is good I wonder if it will be one of the middle infielders then?
I just think he fell out of favor as well. Wouldn't consistently get high leverage situations in the pen, never seemed to be on the radar for the rotation, etc. Think a change of scenary is what he needed.

One middle infielders I could live with. Nothing keeping them from getting a veteran at that spot, either.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies needed to upgrade their bullpen.

I'm not sure this qualifies.

He's the fucker that broke Freddie's wrist last season. I hope he catches a comebacker off his temple and never pitches again.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, I hope he turns into your version of Sam Freeman.
I don't see where he helps. He's been slightly better than Austin Davis against lefties, but righties light him up.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see where he helps. He's been slightly better than Austin Davis against lefties, but righties light him up.

Our bullpen upgrades:

Jonny Venters. Good nostalgia piece, but this year he pitched his first game since Chipper's swan song game(Chipper was just inducted into the HOF on Sunday) and he ain't what he used to be.

Brad Brach. Has been good in the past, but has an ERA over 10 for July.

Both teams bullpens suck. Really, we're just fighting to see who can get slaughtered by the Dodgers/Cubs in the NLCS.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our bullpen upgrades:

Jonny Venters. Good nostalgia piece, but this year he pitched his first game since Chipper's swan song game(Chipper was just inducted into the HOF on Sunday) and he ain't what he used to be.

Brad Brach. Has been good in the past, but has an ERA over 10 for July.

Both teams bullpens suck. Really, we're just fighting to see who can get slaughtered by the Dodgers/Cubs in the NLCS.
I'm just happy to see this team headed above .500. It's been a while.

You never know in the playoffs, but I would be surprised if the Phillies even get out of the LDS. Their defense will bite them in the playoffs.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy to see this team headed above .500. It's been a while.

You never know in the playoffs, but I would be surprised if the Phillies even get out of the LDS. Their defense will bite them in the playoffs.

I meant NLDS.

It's awesome to be buyers for a change.

And you never can tell, whichever team wins the east might get red hot at the right time.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletics acquired RHP Mike Fiers from the Tigers for two players to be named later or cash considerations.

The two sides were discussing a possible deal before last week's trade deadline, but they were ultimately able to get something done via the waiver process. Fiers has enjoyed a nice year for Detroit, posting a 3.48 ERA and 87/26 K/BB ratio in 119 innings over 21 starts. He's a solid depth piece for Oakland's rotation as they attempt to hold a Wild Card spot.