• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB HOF Vote

Baseball Hall of Fame

• Total voters

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This actually makes me more confident Buster gets in, maybe first ballot even. Clearly the image/reputation/press love matters over numbers. Ortiz is proof. Posey's case is already pretty strong other than longevity, throw in the universal respect and admiration the press has for him, I think he's in pretty easy

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've changed my tune on DH's and relievers. I think players like Edgar Martinez, David Ortiz, Mariano Rivera, & Trevor Hoffman are great HOFers
I think everyone ever already thought that about Rivera, reliever or no

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone ever already thought that about Rivera, reliever or no
I am a ”small Hall” guy to begin with. So I only want the TOP TOP TOP relievers in. Eck, Hoffman, Rivera…. That’s about it. I wouldn’t lose sleep if Lee and/or Tekulve got in. Wagner and Nathan just don’t make the cut, imho. Goose and Suter are below my standard.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a ”small Hall” guy to begin with. So I only want the TOP TOP TOP relievers in. Eck, Hoffman, Rivera…. That’s about it. I wouldn’t lose sleep if Lee and/or Tekulve got in. Wagner and Nathan just don’t make the cut, imho. Goose and Suter are below my standard.

I would’ve taken Dan Quisenberry over a lot of these guys during his 5 or 6 year dominate run…..

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports journalists for the most part are fucking dicks. Moreso the career journalists than the athlete turned analyst we see on TV a lot. Guys like Skip Bayless, Jim Rome, Paul finebaum, Colin Cowherd, Steven A. Smith, etc. Just a bunch of self important douchebags. The older baseball writers are the worst, of the worst. Like an anti Top Gun.

They remind me of 5'2" cops. If you ever get pulled over by a cop under 5'8 or so, just get out your checkbook. They're 100% giving you a ticket. They're probably gonna call you "Son" or "Sport" or something too. They gotta show everyone that they're in charge now.

Same with these baseball writers. Even worse, they're such dicks that they're proud of the fact that they're assholes. There are guys who didn't vote for Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, CY Young, Nolan Ryan, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, etc just because they didn't want them to be the first one to be unanimously elected. Can you imagine the guy who didn't vote for Ted Williams to be included in the HoF?

None of this has anything to do with Steriods, this is just a bunch of jealous hypocrites trying to get back at people just because they can.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Big Papi, and the other inductees....

Ortiz will enter the Hall during the July 24 induction ceremony at the Clark Sports Center in Cooperstown. He will join six players selected by a pair of era committees last month: Brooklyn Dodgers great Gil Hodges, Twins slugger Tony Oliva, longtime White Sox star Minnie Minoso, pitcher Jim Kaat, Black baseball pioneer Bud Fowler and Negrø League legend and ambassador Buck O'Neil. All but Ortiz, Kaat and Olivo will be inducted posthumously.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm no longer a "Small Hall" guy. Harold Baines is in, it now is officially just the HOVG. Nathan should have gotten more consideration.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no longer a "Small Hall" guy. Harold Baines is in, it now is officially just the HOVG. Nathan should have gotten more consideration.
I look at Baines as them just needing a clubhouse attendant for all the REAL HOFers. He doesn’t really count.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at Baines as them just needing a clubhouse attendant for all the REAL HOFers. He doesn’t really count.

The thing is, Bonds and Clemens are going to have to make their cases to those old guys on the Veteran's committee right now. Tony Oliva won 2 batting titles when Bonds was learning to walk and talk (he probably should have left out the second part) and a 3rd before he saw a curve ball.

You can go with an upper, middle or lower HOF, but Bagwell didn't have the numbers that other guys did in that era and I know that he got the same help. Just never got popped.

The whole thing should just be reconstructed. But it's when you allow the Millennial writers and especially when the Gen Z guys start getting votes, that it will be a complete free-for-all like the NFL is becoming.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports journalists for the most part are fucking dicks. Moreso the career journalists than the athlete turned analyst we see on TV a lot. Guys like Skip Bayless, Jim Rome, Paul finebaum, Colin Cowherd, Steven A. Smith, etc. Just a bunch of self important douchebags. The older baseball writers are the worst, of the worst. Like an anti Top Gun.

The biggest dick and idiot is Boston's Dan Shaugnessy... Unreadable...

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We turn a blind eye to pre-90's guys.

I did an oral report on Steroids in Sports in HS in 1989... My first exhibit was the bash brothers... In 88, Chico hit 42 HR and Mac hit 32. These two really started the craze that made it popular. (and led to everyone trying it at some point in the 90's)

1643200934962.png

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Ortiz
plays several years as an average player
takes steroids and changes team
becomes a MVP player
media darling cracking jokes
likely 1st ballot Hall of Famer, because Steroids don't matter if you joke with 55 year old geezer sportswriters

Barry Bonds
plays several years as an MVP player
takes steroids and changes team
becomes best player ever arguably
surly reserved introvert with media
likely does not get in 10 tries, because Steroids is all that matter in the hypocritical views of 55 year old geezer sportswriters

holding my breath.....expecting them to do the right thing and be consistent....
Total joke that Ortiz got in this year. Consistently inconsistent

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total joke that Ortiz got in this year. Consistently inconsistent

Doesn't make a ton of sense that Bonds and Clemens can fall off the ballot but Ortiz gets in first crack.

Not to mention the greatest DH of all time (IMO) had to wait for his final year on the ballot to get in.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't make a ton of sense that Bonds and Clemens can fall off the ballot but Ortiz gets in first crack.

Not to mention the greatest DH of all time (IMO) had to wait for his final year on the ballot to get in.

Somewhere, Rock is saying...."I knew Ortiz was clean"

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd argue no full-time DH should have ever made the HOF, which is why it took Edgar so long to get in. Ortiz benefited from playing in a bigger market on championship teams.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the final vote totals:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue no full-time DH should have ever made the HOF, which is why it took Edgar so long to get in. Ortiz benefited from playing in a bigger market on championship teams.
If you ignore the hypocrisy angle and ignore the roid-stink, I think I could be convinced that Ortiz is at least borderline. Even for a DH.

My complaints are more about him making it above B&C.