• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB HOF Vote

Baseball Hall of Fame

• Total voters

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why this wasn’t posted a month ago, I don’t know…

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vote for up to 10. Your vote will be visible, but you cannot change it.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have voted for Andruw Jones too.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don’t think Jones belongs in the Hall?

All your other votes are for players who don’t belong, so…

:boink:
I just want to keep people on the ballot. Hunter, Helton, Wagner and Nathan were all among the best in the game during their primes, as was Jones. Sheffield was one of the most feared hitters in baseball and Ortiz was Big Papi to a generation of Red Sox fans.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to keep people on the ballot. Hunter, Helton, Wagner and Nathan were all among the best in the game during their primes, as was Jones. Sheffield was one of the most feared hitters in baseball and Ortiz was Big Papi to a generation of Red Sox fans.
Voting for Sheffield and Ortiz over Bonds/Clemens/Rodriguez makes no sense from a logical standpoint.

I understand, though, that that is not the point of your votes.

But by submitting a “look at the other guys” ballot, you are essentially submitting a blank ballot, reducing the chances that the REAL HOFers get in.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted:

Clemens
Bonds
A-Rod
Rolen
Schilling
Manny
Sheffield
Andruw Jones
Sosa
Ortiz

I'd also vote for Abreu, Kent and Helton. Maybe Buehrle, Pettitte, Hudson and Wagner. What can I say... I'm a big Hall guy.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voting for Sheffield and Ortiz over Bonds/Clemens/Rodriguez makes no sense from a logical standpoint.

But by submitting a “look at the other guys” ballot, you are essentially submitting a blank ballot, reducing the chances that the REAL HOFers get in.
I agree that Clemens and Bonds will be in the Hall, but not until the veterans' committee puts them in. ARod likely won't get in, as he was suspended for steroids on more than one occasion. How much of his stat line came from a needle? Bonds and Clemens were rumored to have been involved with steroids, and had they both retired in 2000, they would be in already.
When I looked at Sheffield over his career, I thought he was a Hall of Famer. Papi is definitely a Hall of Famer.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted:

Clemens
Bonds
A-Rod
Rolen
Schilling
Manny
Sheffield
Andruw Jones
Sosa
Ortiz

I'd also vote for Abreu, Kent and Helton. Maybe Buehrle, Pettitte, Hudson and Wagner. What can I say... I'm a big Hall guy.

Sosa over Helton?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously Bonds, Clemens and ARod deserve to be in but they are the face of the steroid era, it's gonna take a while. Shoeless Joe and Pete first!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Bonds, Clemens and ARod deserve to be in but they are the face of the steroid era, it's gonna take a while. Shoeless Joe and Pete first!
Jackson and Rose broke a baseball rule. Rose AGREED to his lifetime ban. Jackson is dead now, so his lifetime ban has been served. Though the stink of of his transgression remains.

Bonds and Clemens never broke any baseball rules.

I can’t defend ARod too vigorously. The more I think on him, the more I may have to actually change my vote on him. Didn’t he ultimately get a lifetime ban?

I can never vote for a DH. That is just a “me” thing. Especially one who had just as much stink on him as Bonds and Clemens (he just wasn’t nearly as good).

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just curious, why isn't Jim Edmonds on the list? He seems to be comparable to Andruw Jones overall. (although Jones was better defensively and Edmonds was better offensively)

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind I googled it and did the research. Edmonds missed the minimum on his first year.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Schilling has lost 18 votes he had last year.

I guess people took him seriously after last year's rant.

Too bad, he really does belong.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The steroids
(not in any real order)
1. Bonds
2. Clemens
3. AROD
4. Manny
5. Sosa

_______

the non Steroids

1. Schilling
2. Ortiz( may be included in the Steroid player group though)
3. Wagner
4. Helton

the special defenders

1. Andruw Jones
2. Omar vizquel
3. Scott rolen

the borderline who could make it
1. Gary Sheffield
2. Andy Pettite( he is the toughest one, because he is not a HOF caliber player at all... and only makes this list because of his Post season record, but really he is an over-rated playoff pitcher and only has the most wins because he played the most games...
3. Joe Nathan
4. Jeff Kent

The interesting, but dont think they belong

1. Tim Hudson
2. Mark Buerhle
3. Tim Lincecum
4. Papelbon

the rest do not deserve any votes IMO

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Schilling has lost 18 votes he had last year.

I guess people took him seriously after last year's rant.

Too bad, he really does belong.
Schill has always been a borderline guy for me. I don’t think he has ever gotten my vote, but I seriously consider him ever year.

but if you tell people you want their vote, at least some of them will listen. Not necisarily unbiased of these ”journalists”, but it is human nature.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The steroids
(not in any real order)
1. Bonds
2. Clemens
3. AROD
4. Manny
5. Sosa

_______

the non Steroids

1. Schilling
2. Ortiz( may be included in the Steroid player group though)
3. Wagner
4. Helton

I would put Ortiz in the same “steroid” class as Bonds and Clemens. None of them ever failed an official test, but all were mentioned in the Mitchell report. The only reason the media doesn’t ostracize Ortiz the same way was because Ortiz was charming. Period.

ARod, Manny and Sosa are no-question “roiders”. ARod and Manny failed multiple official tests and Sosa has the bat to go along with everything else.

the special defenders

1. Andruw Jones
2. Omar vizquel
3. Scott rolen

the borderline who could make it
1. Gary Sheffield
2. Andy Pettite( he is the toughest one, because he is not a HOF caliber player at all... and only makes this list because of his Post season record, but really he is an over-rated playoff pitcher and only has the most wins because he played the most games...
3. Joe Nathan
4. Jeff Kent

I see the argument for Nathan, but not the other two (Kent is in, imho).

Petite kinda falls into the Morris/Bumgarner category. If you believe Morris belonged in, than you should seriously consider Bum and Pettite. If not, than you shouldn’t.

Helton was a product of Denver. His home/away splits are ridiculous.

The interesting, but dont think they belong

1. Tim Hudson
2. Mark Buerhle
3. Tim Lincecum
4. Papelbon

I don’t think any of these guys belong in. Timmeh is a near clone of Johan Santana. He was the best pitcher in the game for 2-3 year span, but absolutely nothing outside of that span. Buddy and Beuhler were good for a very long time, but never established themselves as a true great. Papps was an elite reliever, but relievers have a similar stink on them as DHs do. They need to be at a higher level than just best in the game. They need to almost change the game to get in.

the rest do not deserve any votes IMO

Cant disagree.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schill has always been a borderline guy for me. I don’t think he has ever gotten my vote, but I seriously consider him ever year.

but if you tell people you want their vote, at least some of them will listen. Not necisarily unbiased of these ”journalists”, but it is human nature.

I just measure him against other starting pitchers already in.

Believe me, I'm not a fan, but It makes no sense whatsoever that the likes of Jack Morris, Catfish Hunter and Mike Mussina are in and he's not.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put Ortiz in the same “steroid” class as Bonds and Clemens. None of them ever failed an official test, but all were mentioned in the Mitchell report. The only reason the media doesn’t ostracize Ortiz the same way was because Ortiz was charming. Period.

ARod, Manny and Sosa are no-question “roiders”. ARod and Manny failed multiple official tests and Sosa has the bat to go along with everything else.

I see the argument for Nathan, but not the other two (Kent is in, imho).

Petite kinda falls into the Morris/Bumgarner category. If you believe Morris belonged in, than you should seriously consider Bum and Pettite. If not, than you shouldn’t.

Helton was a product of Denver. His home/away splits are ridiculous.

I don’t think any of these guys belong in. Timmeh is a near clone of Johan Santana. He was the best pitcher in the game for 2-3 year span, but absolutely nothing outside of that span. Buddy and Beuhler were good for a very long time, but never established themselves as a true great. Papps was an elite reliever, but relievers have a similar stink on them as DHs do. They need to be at a higher level than just best in the game. They need to almost change the game to get in.

Cant disagree.

if i remember right, Ortiz convinced everyone that it was not a steroids related reason for him to be on the list... and most believe it... so, he may be safe even though he was on the list...

but yea, i agree it is kind of a we like you, so we will let you in.... Remember that Pettite also used steroids... and actually admitted it... so he is probably lower on the list because he is a borderline player and he was a steroid user...

as for Helton, i think it is totally unfair to say he doesnt make it because he was a rocky... I am ok with some kind of stat adjustment... but generally speaking most players play significantly better in their home parks... so you cant just look at the splits... as he was ALWAYS a rocky...

i did put him on the top of the non steroid list... so i am not saying he is a shoe in... but i do think he deserves to remain on the list for however long...

this is a very weak class of non steroid HOFers so who knows...