• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota rules the world of football

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"equally"? You do realize that your Ducks haven't won any more games than the Gophers have for the past several years, since 2016, right?!

Their playing in a CCG was only because they played in a weaker Division. YES, weaker than the B1G West.
You do realize how retarded you are by saying Oregon plays in a lesser division than the B1G West don’t you? Since both conferences expanded the Pac 12 North has always been the better division and there isn’t even an honest discussion you could make.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple college hockey questions that you probably won't have a legit answer for.

legit according to who? You? lol

1. Has it been nearly 20 years since Minnesota won a national title? It's a very simple yes or no answer.

Yes.

It's also been 33 years since your favorite football team to compare UMn with, the Fighting Irish, have won a Natl Title. A team you lauded as possibly the greatest cfb program in all of cfb history, did you not? Their 33 years without winning a Natl Title doesn't disqualify them from holding this title, this honor?

It's also been 24 years since Michigan's won their last Natl Title in football. In fact, Michigan has just 1 Natl Title in the last 74 years. Do these 2 facts disqualify Michigan from the discussion, too?

AND... t's also been 23 years since Michigan has won their last Natl Title in hockey. In fact, Michigan has just 2 Natl Titles in hockey in the last 57 years of college hockey.

2. Does Minnesota have the most hockey national titles?

No.

Does Notre Dame have the most cfb national titles?

How about Bama or Michigan?

No, none of those 3 have the most, or even the 2nd most. Since that seems to be your one and only measuring stick. lol
3. Has Minnesota only won 3 national titles the last 43 years?

Yes, and FOUR in the last 47 years and FIVE in the last 49 years. What is up with this totally random #/date? 43? LOL, you are either trying to be manipulative or you are just stupid or confused or a special needs person or something?

In the LAST 50 years of college hockey.

UMn is #1 in NCAA Appearances, and it's not even close, UMn has 35, 2nd best BU only has 29. Denver only has 19.
UMn is #1 in NCAA Tourney Wins, and it's not even close, UMn has 54, 2nd best UND only has 48. Denver only has 28.
UMn is #1 in NCAA Tourney Frozen Fours,
UMn is #1 in NCAA Championship game appearances,

Michigan only has 2 Natl Titles in the last 50 years.

Denver only has 7 Frozen Four appearances in the last 50 years. Even my UMD has more, lol.

Minnesota has more Title Game appearances in the last 50 years than Michigan and Denver combined!!!!!!!!

Comparing UMn to Wisc.

35 NCAA Tourney appearances for UMn to 24 for UW.

35 > 24.

54 NCAA Tourney wins for UMn & 38 for UW,

54 > 38.

18 NCAA Frozen Four appearances for UMn to 9 for UW.

18 > 9.

UMn is ranked #2 right now & Wisconsin is not ranked at all, not even getting votes.

Why can't you be a rational Minnesota fan like every other Gophers fan on this site?

I am being rational. I'm not the one making sh1t up like you do.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize how retarded you are by saying Oregon plays in a lesser division than the B1G West don’t you? Since both conferences expanded the Pac 12 North has always been the better division and there isn’t even an honest discussion you could make.
So the B1G West producing 15 AP Top 25 ranked teams compared to the Pac North's only producing 11 since 2014 isn't an honest thing to discuss?

15 > 11

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh no.

They were off to a great start and lost to Purdue.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh no.

They were off to a great start and lost to Purdue.
Yeah, they get 2 weeks to prep for the game with Illinois. If they win either of the next two games, they still have a decent chance of winning the Div Title, if the win both, they will have a great chance of winning the Division.

I see UCLA is off to a great start.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence why the North produced 2.

I think there are probably some years where the B1G West has been deeper than the PAC north and overall better despite not having a top end team, but this year is certainly not one of them.

After two conference games there isn't a single undefeated West team. They are 1-1 or 0-2 lol

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are probably some years where the B1G West has been deeper than the PAC north and overall better despite not having a top end team, but this year is certainly not one of them.

After two conference games there isn't a single undefeated West team. They are 1-1 or 0-2 lol
Oh the B1G West looks horrible this year. Pac should do some catching up this year. Some of their 7 ranked teams are overrated, but some are not. There should probably only be 5 getting votes, WSU has no business getting votes, and USC shouldn't be ranked Top Ten. But UCLA and Washington are doing well. Oregon is overrated as usual. How quickly people forget just how bad they looked against a Georgia team that looks much less awesome than people thought they were after that game with Oregon. I think Utah's a good team, but not sure if they are not a little overrated as well.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the B1G West producing just as many AP EOS Top 25 teams the last 5 seasons as THE ENTIRE PAC CONF tells you one half of the conference is way better than the B1G West???

lol

Wow, you are dumb.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
legit according to who? You? lol <---

Yes.

It's also been 33 years since your favorite football team to compare UMn with, the Fighting Irish, have won a Natl Title. A team you lauded as possibly the greatest cfb program in all of cfb history, did you not? Their 33 years without winning a Natl Title doesn't disqualify them from holding this title, this honor?

It's also been 24 years since Michigan's won their last Natl Title in football. In fact, Michigan has just 1 Natl Title in the last 74 years. Do these 2 facts disqualify Michigan from the discussion, too?

AND... t's also been 23 years since Michigan has won their last Natl Title in hockey. In fact, Michigan has just 2 Natl Titles in hockey in the last 57 years of college hockey.

No.

Does Notre Dame have the most cfb national titles?

How about Bama or Michigan?

No, none of those 3 have the most, or even the 2nd most. Since that seems to be your one and only measuring stick. lol

Yes, and FOUR in the last 47 years and FIVE in the last 49 years. What is up with this totally random #/date? 43? LOL, you are either trying to be manipulative or you are just stupid or confused or a special needs person or something?

In the LAST 50 years of college hockey.

UMn is #1 in NCAA Appearances, and it's not even close, UMn has 35, 2nd best BU only has 29. Denver only has 19.
UMn is #1 in NCAA Tourney Wins, and it's not even close, UMn has 54, 2nd best UND only has 48. Denver only has 28.
UMn is #1 in NCAA Tourney Frozen Fours,
UMn is #1 in NCAA Championship game appearances,

Michigan only has 2 Natl Titles in the last 50 years.

Denver only has 7 Frozen Four appearances in the last 50 years. Even my UMD has more, lol.

Minnesota has more Title Game appearances in the last 50 years than Michigan and Denver combined!!!!!!!!

Comparing UMn to Wisc.

35 NCAA Tourney appearances for UMn to 24 for UW.

35 > 24.

54 NCAA Tourney wins for UMn & 38 for UW,

54 > 38.

18 NCAA Frozen Four appearances for UMn to 9 for UW.

18 > 9.

UMn is ranked #2 right now & Wisconsin is not ranked at all, not even getting votes.

I am being rational. I'm not the one making sh1t up like you do.

"legit according to who? You? lol"

Not according to me. It's according to ncaa-.com/history/icehockey-men/d1.

The rest of your bullshit, didn't read it.

The fact you think ncaa-.com isn't legit is more proof you ain't right.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fredsdeadfriend

A couple college hockey questions that you probably won't have a legit answer for.

1. Has it been nearly 20 years since Minnesota won a national title? It's a very simple yes or no answer.

2. Does Minnesota have the most hockey national titles?

3. Has Minnesota only won 3 national titles the last 43 years?

Why can't you be a rational Minnesota fan like every other Gophers fan on this site?

Am I wrong in saying Minnesota hasn't won a hockey national title in nearly 20 years?

You know Minnesota doesn't have the most national titles. Yet you think it's incorrect to say that. You don't live in reality.

And it is true that Minnesota has only won 3 national titles in 43 years. 1979, 2002, 2003.

But go ahead and tell me these facts are incorrect. I expect it from you.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"legit according to who? You? lol"

Not according to me. It's according to ncaa-.com/history/icehockey-men/d1.

The rest of your bullshit, didn't read it.

The fact you think ncaa-.com isn't legit is more proof you ain't right.
I never said ncaa.-com isn't legit, I said your opinions supposedly being legit are a joke.

On one hand you make it out as if I shouldn't be able to claim anything UMn football did more than 50 years ago, and only modern football accomplishments matter when determining who the best all-time programs are, while skipping the fact that Notre Dame hasn't won a Title since 1988, and both Princeton and Yale have more titles than Bama or Notre Dame, not to mention Michigan, then you turn right around and boast about what Denver, Michigan & North Dakota hockey did OVER 50 years ago to claim UMn is not the best college hockey program in history. This inconsistency is blatant and obvious and others recognize it.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fredsdeadfriend

Am I wrong in saying Minnesota hasn't won a hockey national title in nearly 20 years?

You know Minnesota doesn't have the most national titles. Yet you think it's incorrect to say that. You don't live in reality.

And it is true that Minnesota has only won 3 national titles in 43 years. 1979, 2002, 2003.

But go ahead and tell me these facts are incorrect. I expect it from you.
Try reading dumbass, I already answered those 3 questions, DUH.

I asked you why 43 years? I asked you why # of Natl Titles don't matter in cfb?

I pointed out that Notre Dame hasn't won a cfb title in over 30 years and Michigan hasn't won a Hockey title in almost 25 years, among other examples of ALL-TIME great programs going through long Title droughts.

Minnesota has just as many CFB Natl Titles as Michigan has in the last almost 75 years.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said ncaa.-com isn't legit, I said your opinions supposedly being legit are a joke.

On one hand you make it out as if I shouldn't be able to claim anything UMn football did more than 50 years ago, and only modern football accomplishments matter when determining who the best all-time programs are, while skipping the fact that Notre Dame hasn't won a Title since 1988, and both Princeton and Yale have more titles than Bama or Notre Dame, not to mention Michigan, then you turn right around and boast about what Denver, Michigan & North Dakota hockey did OVER 50 years ago to claim UMn is not the best college hockey program in history. This inconsistency is blatant and obvious and others recognize it.

I've mentioned ncaa.-com while looking up info in the past talking with you about Minnesota related topics. Not just hockey. Did the same thing for CBB.

Do you remember your Oregon basketball rants where you said repeatedly that the Ducks weren't the real champs in 1939 because of the NIT? You said the NCAA tourney results didn't really count.

So don't try to say you've never said ncaa.-com isn't legit. Because you have said that in the past.

You've also foolishly claimed 24/7sports, collegefootballnews & espn aren't legit. You said they all have biased agendas because none of them have Minnesota football in the top 10 all time.

Face it, you're a 100% super-homer. And nobody on this site over-pimps their team(s) like you do.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've mentioned ncaa.-com while looking up info in the past talking with you about Minnesota related topics. Not just hockey. Did the same thing for CBB.

Do you remember your Oregon basketball rants where you said repeatedly that the Ducks weren't the real champs in 1939 because of the NIT? You said the NCAA tourney results didn't really count.

So don't try to say you've never said ncaa.-com isn't legit. Because you have said that in the past.

You've also foolishly claimed 24/7sports, collegefootballnews & espn aren't legit. You said they all have biased agendas because none of them have Minnesota football in the top 10 all time.

Face it, you're a 100% super-homer. And nobody on this site over-pimps their team(s) like you do.

ncaa.com is not going to pimp the NIT. That doesn't make them not legit, just human. They did what was in the best interests of the NCAA, not what was in the best interest of truth.

I stick by my statements about Oregon's 1939 lame duck pretend Natl Title, it's not legit, no matter what a source with a vested interest says about it.

And I stick by my statements about 24/7sports, collegefootballnews & espn, as well as the BTN, who says as much good stuff about each and every B1G program that they can with a straight face. Just like those other 3 and ncaa.com, all 5 have a vested financial interest in saying/printing things that help them sell more product and get more clicks and more advertising dollars.

EVERYONE knows I am right about this, and just because they don't want to admit that I'm right doesn't mean that I'm not. Pure common sense would lead anyone with a brain and whose in the smallest bit unbiased to come to the same conclusion.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, I haven't even begun to shift into high homer mode/gear, I've been trying to tone it down, lol.

For example, 1900-Present, there is basically not one single year where Minnesota/UMn wasn't the current #1 ranked/rated/thought of State/University in the nation in something, if not that exact season then overall over an extended # of seasons(#2 in cBb).

From cbb in the early 00s, to cfb, to college hockey in the 20s and early 30s, and back to cfb from 33 to 41, to doing the most to help the Allies win WW2, to Sons of Minnesota ruling the NBA/CFL & Cfb all at the same time from the late 40s into the 50s, to College Baseball from 56 to 73, back to College Hockey from 73 to 2003, and finally to Men's Wrestling from 1999-2007 & BOTH Women's Hockey from 2000-present & Collegiate Dance from 2003 to the present.

And that is just an off the top of my head listing, focusing mostly on UMn sports, I'm sure I missed a few, track and field in the late 40s, golf in the early 21st century, and Women's VB coming close to being the next Gopher Dynasty.

Yes, you can call Minnesota Dynasty U, lol.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I haven't even begun to shift into high homer mode/gear, I've been trying to tone it down, lol.

For example, 1900-Present, there is basically not one single year where Minnesota/UMn wasn't the current #1 ranked/rated/thought of State/University in the nation in something, if not that exact season then overall over an extended # of seasons(#2 in cBb).

From cbb in the early 00s, to cfb, to college hockey in the 20s and early 30s, and back to cfb from 33 to 41, to doing the most to help the Allies win WW2, to Sons of Minnesota ruling the NBA/CFL & Cfb all at the same time from the late 40s into the 50s, to College Baseball from 56 to 73, back to College Hockey from 73 to 2003, and finally to Men's Wrestling from 1999-2007 & BOTH Women's Hockey from 2000-present & Collegiate Dance from 2003 to the present.

And that is just an off the top of my head listing, focusing mostly on UMn sports, I'm sure I missed a few, track and field in the late 40s, golf in the early 21st century, and Women's VB coming close to being the next Gopher Dynasty.

Yes, you can call Minnesota Dynasty U, lol.
I know that in 1923 they killed an opposing player because he was black.