• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Pettine: Russell Wilson is not a top tier QB

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet some Hawk fans take that as a slight:noidea:

Where? Show everyone where a Seahawks fan is taking this as a slight, as opposed to making it up and pretending like any one of us said as such.

We all agree with Pettine, and can admit that this article was written in a way to drum up false drama.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...umm,...great [bulletin-brd.] material for the opposing-team, Mike.........YOU FKKN DUMBASS...!!!

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they're a lock to win in the first round if it is Philly or the Giants. Washington would be a lock but Philly or NYG can give them a game and possibly win
NO.Any opponent they face in the NFC East will be a cake walk for the Seahawks. Sorry.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By that point, Wilson will have played 73 games.

But that's the ONE that will tell us how good he is.:rolleyes2:
Clearly you are offended. No reason to be. Russell Wilson is not elite. Period. He is good and at times he is very good, but he is not elite.

And my statement is accurate. Since returning from their bye week, Wilson and his offensive line have figured out how to make the passing game work and the rate of sacks has slowed dramatically. But during that time he has also not faced a dominant defense. He won't be tested by a dominate defense until week 19.

Would you be happier if I had said that week 19 will be when we see how good the offensive line really is? That would also be an accurate statement. However, great QBs learn how to succeed with handicaps. Russell hasn't done that this year. When he has been at his best, he has had a efficient OL and a dominant RB.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO.Any opponent they face in the NFC East will be a cake walk for the Seahawks. Sorry.
I think we'll need to see how it shakes out. Things can change a lot in the NFL in the span of 3 weeks. And if it's the Giants, you know Eli is just going to chuck it up 45 times and see what happens since he has OBJ. Puncher's chance with a player like that. And with Eli you're also talking about a guy who's already been there and won a couple times.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards may have to win to hold onto the #2 seed ad have to win the last week as the Seahawks rest people because it makes no difference to them
My bad. You are correct. The ultimate placement of the top three seeds in the NFC could go down to the wire. The Panthers seemingly have an insurmountable lead on the #1 seed. But, they have recently lost a couple of key defensive players and they will be playing without Jonathon Stewart for at least one game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We will see. You're talking a big game for a team who has looked very beatable before the last 2 weeks

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried if RW isn't "elite". Eli manning, joe flacco and matt ryan were all considered "elite" at one time

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you are offended. No reason to be. Russell Wilson is not elite. Period. He is good and at times he is very good, but he is not elite.

And my statement is accurate. Since returning from their bye week, Wilson and his offensive line have figured out how to make the passing game work and the rate of sacks has slowed dramatically. But during that time he has also not faced a dominant defense. He won't be tested by a dominate defense until week 19.

Would you be happier if I had said that week 19 will be when we see how good the offensive line really is? That would also be an accurate statement. However, great QBs learn how to succeed with handicaps. Russell hasn't done that this year. When he has been at his best, he has had a efficient OL and a dominant RB.

Oh, I see... I'm offended because I responded...

And I agree that he's not elite.

I just don't need to see one game against a top notch defense to know who he is. He's had awesome games against great defenses before. This year? No, he hasn't done that. But I know what the kid is made of, I don't need to wait until week 19 to say "oh, that's what he's capable of". I already know. Whatever he does that week, or any week before won't surprise me.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elite is just a word and means very little when it is all said and done.

Great defenses are harder to score against. This applies to Russell Wilson and Tom Brady equally.

I guess it was Russell Wilson that let the Bengals score 17 points in 10 minutes? It was Russell Wilson that let the Panthers, who were losing the entire game, score with less than a minute left to win the game?

Thomas Rawls was a guy we got off the street and now he's the reason why Russell Wilson has been playing extremely well?

Wilson has the highest passer rating in the pocket in the NFL this year(122). But of course the only reason that is true is because of the offensive line. Because apparently Russell Wilson is the only QB in the NFL dependent on his teammates to do well.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite is just a word and means very little when it is all said and done.

Great defenses are harder to score against. This applies to Russell Wilson and Tom Brady equally.

I guess it was Russell Wilson that let the Bengals score 17 points in 10 minutes? It was Russell Wilson that let the Panthers, who were losing the entire game, score with less than a minute left to win the game?

Thomas Rawls was a guy we got off the street and now he's the reason why Russell Wilson has been playing extremely well?

Wilson has the highest passer rating in the pocket in the NFL this year(122). But of course the only reason that is true is because of the offensive line. Because apparently Russell Wilson is the only QB in the NFL dependent on his teammates to do well.

You've gotta love how the argument switched from "Wilson NEEDS Lynch and one of the best defenses of all time to succeed", to, "Wilson is carried by Rawls and great oline play". Just wait until everyone realizes Baldwin has double digit TDs, then he'll be all to thank for Wilson's success.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is the sample size of this season where he is #1 in passer rating and #2 or 3 in Completion Percentage and YPA too small?

Is his career too small a sample size? You know, where he's #2 in Passer Rating in NFL history, #1 among active QBs in YPA, #2 in TD percentage, and #3 in lowest interception percentage? And he's done it all without a good receiving corp or O-Line.

Russell Wilson is, at worst, the #3 QB in the NFL today. And really, through 13 games this year, he has been in the best performer.

In his first 9 games this year, he threw more than 1 TD pass in a game ONCE. That's not an elite QB that can put a team on his back like MVPalmer has this entire year, Brady always does, Rodgers usually does, etc. His poor play hurt as they lost to AZ, CAR, CIN, STL, GB, and the Lions in that span. If you judge him by his first 9 games, he is easily in the bottom half of QBs in the NFL.

Past four games, he's probably the best.

Fully body of work...not an elite QB. To say he's been the "best performer" in the NFL this entire year is just laughable.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've gotta love how the argument switched from "Wilson NEEDS Lynch and one of the best defenses of all time to succeed", to, "Wilson is carried by Rawls and great oline play". Just wait until everyone realizes Baldwin has double digit TDs, then he'll be all to thank for Wilson's success.

And if Bryce Brown rushes for 100 yards, he will prove how Wilson succeeds only because of his running game.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his first 9 games this year, he threw more than 1 TD pass in a game ONCE. That's not an elite QB that can put a team on his back like MVPalmer has this entire year, Brady always does, Rodgers usually does, etc. His poor play hurt as they lost to AZ, CAR, CIN, STL, GB, and the Lions in that span. If you judge him by his first 9 games, he is easily in the bottom half of QBs in the NFL.

Fully body of work...not an elite QB. To say he's been the "best performer" in the NFL this entire year is just laughable.
Don't get offended man, we think MVCarson is pretty cool too.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The OL was a complete mess until about week 10 or 11, but I guess we'll just totally discount that part. Palmer would have been on IR before Halloween with this line. You can say "MVP Palmer" all you want, but we're still talking about a mid-30s QB who has NEVER won a playoff game.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now writers are putting Russell Wilson in the conversation for MVP. Interesting. I suppose it's possible if he continues this historic pace he's on and the guys ahead of him (Newton, Palmer, Brady) have a couple bad games. According to the article he only needs to throw one TD against Cleveland (with no INTs) and he'll have the all time NFL record for Most TDs without an INT in a 5 game span (currently held by Aaron Rodgers with 16).

So, it's a long shot but his season must be pretty impressive if he's made his way into MVP talks.

Don't kill the messenger, here is the link:
MVP Projection: Can Russell Wilson win the NFL's biggest award?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I see... I'm offended because I responded...

And I agree that he's not elite.

I just don't need to see one game against a top notch defense to know who he is. He's had awesome games against great defenses before. This year? No, he hasn't done that. But I know what the kid is made of, I don't need to wait until week 19 to say "oh, that's what he's capable of". I already know. Whatever he does that week, or any week before won't surprise me.
So you agree. Good. That's all you needed to say. The rest was unnecessary.