• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Midseason MVP?

Midseason MVP?

• Tim Thomas

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Sidney Crosby

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Steven Stamkos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • IPW can lift one hundred pounds over his head

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it comes down to Crosby or Thomas..

Who do ya gots..?

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stammer. Thomas is just a goalie, and Crosby can't keep his head up.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byfuglin, just because I wanted to vote other

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.80 GAA and .945 SV% for Timmy though.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Crosby (that was a damn impressive 25 game point streak)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better stats than Hasek ever had, yet he still would be lucky to be a finalist. He's Rodney Dangerfield, I tells ya.

Some people say my wife spends a lot of money, I don't know, I'm sure a lot of people go to Switzerland to get their watch fixed.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with the homer vote. Someone has to give goalies some love. :D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IPW can only lift 100 pounds over his head? I guess that's impressive for a horse since he'd have to stand on his hind legs to do it, but that's not very much. =P

I voted for Crosby for two reasons:

1. Goalies are inherently the most valuable players on their teams, and therefore I am against a goalie receiving the award (unfair advantage) unless their numbers are far and away better than everyone else's. I think only Thomas challenges Sid at this point, and because Thomas is a goalie, I had to slide him down behind Sid.

2. Sid has literally carried the Penguins on his back this season. You can tell by how poorly they've played in these two games without him. Even if he has an off game, the rest of the team seems lost. It's not a good sign for the Penguins going forward, as they need a lot more production from other guys (I'm looking at you, Malkin), but it's certainly a testament to his value to his team.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IPW can only lift 100 pounds over his head? I guess that's impressive for a horse since he'd have to stand on his hind legs to do it, but that's not very much. =P

1. Goalies are inherently the most valuable players on their teams, and therefore I am against a goalie receiving the award (unfair advantage) unless their numbers are far and away better than everyone else's. I think only Thomas challenges Sid at this point, and because Thomas is a goalie, I had to slide him down behind Sid.

2. Sid has literally carried the Penguins on his back this season. You can tell by how poorly they've played in these two games without him. Even if he has an off game, the rest of the team seems lost. It's not a good sign for the Penguins going forward, as they need a lot more production from other guys (I'm looking at you, Malkin), but it's certainly a testament to his value to his team.

It's funny that your second point has always been the argument against Sid winning MVP awards...and so many Pens fans complained about it, but I'd guarantee that all of them would kill to be on the other "depth" side of it again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate myself for misusing literally. I can't believe I didn't catch it until now. Please ignore that. I meant figuratively. Balls.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that your second point has always been the argument against Sid winning MVP awards...and so many Pens fans complained about it, but I'd guarantee that all of them would kill to be on the other "depth" side of it again.

I for one never wanted to be on this side of it.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sydney Crosby. I really don't want to vote for him becuase he has always come off as a fake doosh, but he is the MVP so far this year.