• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan bit with the Alabama and OSU career ending injury bug

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He is a great coach when he has the SEC recruiting advantages.
That is why I asked what his record is when those advantages aren't there.

Why would I care what his record 17 years ago? He created his recruiting advantages by winning games and getting guys to the NFL, not by talking shit on twitter and sleeping with recruits like Harbaugh. I understand your Bama/OSU envy is super strong but you'll be happier in life you just accept your place and get over it.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
michigan did beat Florida worse than Alabama did.

Transitive property en sech

:behindsofa:
What people seem to forget about that Florida team is that it had a top 15 defense and Michigan nuked it. Only 1 team last season scored more than 30 points on Florida prior to the bowl games, LSU. And that's in the mighty SEC mind you. And Michigan scored 41.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it would have been if it weren't the former school Saban made suffer through mediocrity for 5 years. The least he could do is take it easy on them.

I'm not sure you even know what you're talking about anymore. Keep it up tho, this is funny.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I care what his record 17 years ago? He created his recruiting advantages by winning games and getting guys to the NFL, not by talking shit on twitter and sleeping with recruits like Harbaugh. I understand your Bama/OSU envy is super strong but you'll be happier in life you just accept your place and get over it.
Keep convincing yourself of that. Prior to joining the SEC. He had a 49-41 record. Yet winning games built his recruiting advantages.

What built his advantages is being in the SEC where you could sign as many as you'd like and get rid of the excess to meet NCAA demands. So much so, the SEC had to step in and limit it. The SEC happens to be in the best areas for recruiting in the entire NCAA.
But if you think he built it on winning games. Feel free. Saban is a tremendous coach (in the SEC)
In the B1G -- he was mediocre
In the NFL -- he was mediocre

But if you believe his recruiting advantages were built that way. It is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I just wanted to point out some discrepancies. :)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What people seem to forget about that Florida team is that it had a top 15 defense and Michigan nuked it. Only 1 team last season scored more than 30 points on Florida prior to the bowl games, LSU. And that's in the mighty SEC mind you. And Michigan scored 41.
Can't really argue. I was pretty drunk during that game, but if I remember correctly, they made Hargreaves look pretty bad as well.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure you even know what you're talking about anymore. Keep it up tho, this is funny.
Saban obviously felt bad for making MSU deal with the mediocrity he brought the program. So he took it easy on them in the bowl game. Could have been much worse.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban obviously felt bad for making MSU deal with the mediocrity he brought the program. So he took it easy on them in the bowl game. Could have been much worse.
I was saying that I wish y'all had beat UF worse, not Bama beating MSU worse. You don't know if you're coming or going at this point.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really argue. I was pretty drunk during that game, but if I remember correctly, they made Hargreaves look pretty bad as well.
Why yes, I'll look up that play again:

I wasn't too bad by this point and time, just a few beers in. It wasn't until halftime where I finished a pitcher that my memory starts to fade.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there crickets on Saban's record outside the SEC and the NFL? A coach of his stature (no pun intended) must have dominated at every stop along the way. :)

Typical nonstop bullshit from you. Just forget about what Saban has accomplished @ Bama (and LSU) & only focus on MSU & the NFL. By your dumbass standards JH is a better CFB coach than Saban because of what he did w/ the 49ers. Maybe someday you'll stop only looking @ what Saban did w/ the Spartans & Dolphins & actually realize how great of a CFB coach he really is. And 1 thing you simply can't call Jimmy Jam is a great CFB coach. No matter what what over the top nonsense you say to discredit Saban's 5 Natty's.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck cares that they got up to #6 in the country, except your dumbass? They finished unranked that season, so in other words, they weren't good. You are a dumbass if you think Saban took over a "top school". The more you fight this the dumber you'll continue to look.

Gotta give credit to @TrustMeIamRight. Appears as though he was done making himself look like a complete dumbass. :clap:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep convincing yourself of that. Prior to joining the SEC. He had a 49-41 record. Yet winning games built his recruiting advantages.

What built his advantages is being in the SEC where you could sign as many as you'd like and get rid of the excess to meet NCAA demands. So much so, the SEC had to step in and limit it. The SEC happens to be in the best areas for recruiting in the entire NCAA.
But if you think he built it on winning games. Feel free. Saban is a tremendous coach (in the SEC)
In the B1G -- he was mediocre
In the NFL -- he was mediocre

But if you believe his recruiting advantages were built that way. It is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I just wanted to point out some discrepancies. :)

That must be why Saban is doing things in the SEC that nobody has ever done, while competing against one of the best divisions and the best recruiters in the game mind you. Doing it on a national scale too. Super easy thing to do. You're so full of shit it has got to be running out of your ears at this point. I wouldn't care if Saban had lost every single game he ever coached before coming to Bama. All that matters to me is what he's doing now. The only person worried about bullshit from 17 years ago is you and we all know it's to make yourself feel better about being a fan of a lesser program/coach. It's flattering really.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That must be why Saban is doing things in the SEC that nobody has ever done, while competing against one of the best divisions and the best recruiters in the game mind you. Doing it on a national scale too. Super easy thing to do. You're so full of shit it has got to be running out of your ears at this point. I wouldn't care if Saban had lost every single game he ever coached before coming to Bama. All that matters to me is what he's doing now. The only person worried about bullshit from 17 years ago is you and we all know it's to make yourself feel better about being a fan of a lesser program/coach. It's flattering really.

Living in the past is the only thing that makes Michigan relevant. :pound:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are on to stage two -- anger.

Keep it coming, it will make you feel better. It wont change the facts, but it will make you feel better.

I will let you know when you reach the next stage.

Last edited:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in the past is the only thing that makes Michigan relevant. :pound:
Wait a minute. Is a Notre Dame fan talking about someone living in the past? Excuse me while i fall down laughing. I can't make this up. Ty.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute. Is a Notre Dame fan talking about someone living in the past? Excuse me while i fall down laughing. I can't make this up. Ty.
Doesn't matter who he's a fan of, he's right.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are on to stage two -- anger.

Keep it coming, it will make you feel better. It was change the facts, but it will make you feel better.

I will let you know when you reach the next stage.

Ah, the typical "you so mad!" response when your bullshit doesn't stick. I've seen this movie 1,000 times in my time here.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah and ND hasn't been relevant in over 20 years. And you won't see me bragging/bringing up anything they've done in the past b/c it's irrelevant. Michigan fans constantly bring that shit up b/c it's the only thing you can fall back on...pathetic.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter who he's a fan of, he's right.
I must have missed where I posted UM is a top program right now? Maybe you missed where I said UM has been medicore for the past decade.

Having a great coach doesn't make a team great overnight. They are definitely in a much better position now than they have been.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed where I posted UM is a top program right now? Maybe you missed where I said UM has been medicore for the past decade.

Having a great coach doesn't make a team great overnight. They are definitely in a much better position now than they have been.

*Good coach. He's nowhere close to greatness yet.