• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan bit with the Alabama and OSU career ending injury bug

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Across the Field -- I think the whole "Morris is fighting for a starting QB job" is nothing more than a smoke screen. I don't think there is a chance in hell Morris wins the job and if he does and plays great -- I would argue that Harbaugh sold his soul to the devil or something.

From watching Morris -- he looks terrible once you put an opposing defense out there. He didn't even light it up in HS. He was a t-shirt and shorts hero on the summer camp tour.
Yes he was. I remember arguing with some of the michigan fans I know about him, pointing out how much better of a QB Barrett was coming out that year. They thought Morris was the second coming. His career has gone literally exactly as I thought it would.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wamu -- How many years has Harbaugh coached at an established NCAA program? And before you mention Stanford -- they were one of the worst team in the ENTIRE NCAA the year before he took over.

Once again nobody is saying he isn't a good HC. But you keep insisting he's already among the greatest of all time w/o winning anything. Like I said before his resume in incomplete. I know you won't admit that but it's currently true.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again nobody is saying he isn't a good HC. But you keep insisting he's already among the greatest of all time w/o winning anything. Like I said before his resume in incomplete. I know you won't admit that but it's currently true.
At this point, his first season in Ann Arbor wasn't as good as Brady Hoke's.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not unreal when you consider a huge chunk of those stats happened because of Rutgers and Indiana, two of the worst defenses in the conference. Mostly it was that shootout with Indiana that inflated his stats, though I'll say the Florida showing was impressive. He was average against Michigan State and Ohio State.

I agree with the MSU and OSU game. Ruddock was known as a game manager at Iowa. That is why he lost his starting job. I know I didn't expect him to be anything but a guy who turned around and handed the ball off, while throwing dump passes to RB and TE.

Over the last month or so -- he was airing it out and the passes that were way off at the beginning of the year, were right on the money at the end. His best game, by far, was the Florida game and I think what Ruddock and Chesson did to Hargreaves knocked him down some draft boards (as well as what Bama did to Hargreaves).

I wish Ruddock had another year in the program, instead of UM having to start all over again.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants to throw for 3100 and 30 tds in the upcoming season. I will take it all day long.

No shit, so would I. Only problem is that UTSA, Southern, South Florida and Rice won't be on the schedule this time around. He was AWFUL against teams with a pulse that season.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many times do I have to do say, I see Harbaugh as a top 5 HC. The obvious best is Saban for what he has accomplished. Personally, I'm more impressed with what Meyer has done, but Saban has more NC's.

Does it mean I think Meyer is a better coach? No. Do I think he has much better opportunities to achieve the goal of winning NC's? Obviously. Does it mean Meyer has accomplished more at the college level? Obviously.

Maybe you are mixing me up with MnB or something. I've never taken away from anything accomplished by Saban and Meyer. If you are basing a ranking on college accomplishments -- Saban is 1, Meyer is 2.

You still didn't answer my question -- how many years has Harbaugh coached at an established p5 program? Like a Florida, like a LSU, like a Alabama, like an OSU. Achievements come from opportunity -- the closest he came before Michigan was Stanford (who was coming off a year with the 118th ranked offense and 109th ranked defense)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit, so would I. Only problem is that UTSA, Southern, South Florida and Rice won't be on the schedule this time around. He was AWFUL against teams with a pulse that season.

I agree. I would hope he has progressed since putting up those numbers as a true freshman and having a full year at UM with Harbaugh before being able to play.

Then again -- he hasn't even been named the starting QB, so maybe he hasn't?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, his first season in Ann Arbor wasn't as good as Brady Hoke's.

Agreed -- UM fans hope he doesn't take Hoke's path from 11 wins to 9 wins to 6 wins to 5 wins to fired.

From looking at how the past programs he built has been able to sustain success after he left -- I like our chances of staying around the 10 win mark each year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I would hope he has progressed since putting up those numbers as a true freshman and having a full year at UM with Harbaugh before being able to play.

Then again -- he hasn't even been named the starting QB, so maybe he hasn't?

So you agree he was awful both years at Houston, like I originally stated.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times do I have to do say, I see Harbaugh as a top 5 HC.

Five current HC's that have actually accomplished stuff (you know conference crowns, multiple big time bowl W's & Natty's) that are better HC's that Your Boy...

Nick Saban (193-60-1), Urban Meyer (153-27), Bob Stoops (179-45), Les Miles (139-53), Jimbo Fisher (68-13)

And a few other HC's that currently have a better CFB coaching resume than JH...

Brian Kelly (226-79-2), Gary Patterson (142-47), Mark Helfrich (33-7), David Shaw (52-14)

Harbaugh's coaching record: 39-24

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Harbaugh fails and never wins anything like his whole career so far, he will be a complete joke like everyone is expecting. What a worthless piece of shit.

I meant coaching career.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is an established football program now?

When did this happen?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed -- UM fans hope he doesn't take Hoke's path from 11 wins to 9 wins to 6 wins to 5 wins to fired.

From looking at how the past programs he built has been able to sustain success after he left -- I like our chances of staying around the 10 win mark each year.
I definitely agree with this part.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree he was awful both years at Houston, like I originally stated.
I don't see how you can say 30 TD/10 INT is "awful" under any circumstances. Yes, the competition was lax, but so was the talent on his own team. He's coming into a situation where, yeah, the schedule gets tougher. However, it's also a situation with established talent at all 3 skill positions on offense to play with, plus a good OL.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how you can say 30 TD/10 INT is "awful" under any circumstances. Yes, the competition was lax, but so was the talent on his own team. He's coming into a situation where, yeah, the schedule gets tougher. However, it's also a situation with established talent at all 3 skill positions on offense to play with, plus a good OL.

He was 99th in total QBR, out of 129 qualified QB's. That's pretty awful if you ask me. He was 0-5 against the 5 best teams on the schedule, had a combined QBR of 18.3 and had 7 TD's and 7 INT's in those 5 games. And it's not like they were wiped off the field in those games, they lost by an average of 5 ppg. That leads me to believe they had enough talent to win those games had he shown up even a little.

Houston then went 2-3 with him a starter his sophomore year with wins over Grambling State and 2 win UNLV, and went 6-2 without him. He's below average IMO.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 99th in total QBR, out of 129 qualified QB's. That's pretty awful if you ask me. He was 0-5 against the 5 best teams on the schedule, had a combined QBR of 18.3 and had 7 TD's and 7 INT's in those 5 games. And it's not like they were wiped off the field in those games, they lost by an average of 5 ppg. That leads me to believe they had enough talent to win those games had he shown up even a little.

Houston then went 2-3 with him a starter his sophomore year with wins over Grambling State and 2 win UNLV, and went 6-2 without him. He's below average IMO.

He was a true freshman. Very few true freshman QB'S even step on the field, let alone start and put up those kind of numbers.

I agree with the 2nd year. He struggled in the new offense under a new coordinator. They wanted a running QB and he isnt that.

He showed he can make the throws. Has he progressed in the last two years since he played? Who knows?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a true freshman. Very few true freshman QB'S even step on the field, let alone start and put up those kind of numbers.

I agree with the 2nd year. He struggled in the new offense under a new coordinator. They wanted a running QB and he isnt that.

He showed he can make the throws. Has he progressed in the last two years since he played? Who knows?

And those numbers are extremely inflated. If he was good he wouldn't have been 99th in total QBR that season. That is atrocious.

And please spare on "he showed he can make the throws" bs. I can almost guarantee you didn't watch one single game he's played in.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For a true freshman those numbers aren't awful. 30/10 doesn't happen to awful QBs, no matter what.