• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spurs Finals Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fluke, they were lucky shots - he wasn’t guarded very well if at all on most of them, so that makes it easy on him.

We have guys that are more than capable of doing the same and could have if given a chance.

Again, where is this coming from?
While I very much like and support Miller/Allen and love every time they shoot, they were a combined 0-9.

Battier was 6/8, all 3's, and they all came at critical points in the game. No garbage points anywhere.

He was huge last night and one could easily argue that without his contributions the Heat lose the game/championship.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
turnup-

dont feed the trolls.

everyone who is a heat fan or just followed the team knows how good this guy played most of the regular season and how bad he played this post season. he broke out his slump in game 6.. and just caught fire game 7. shooters go through that. it happens. dude showed up when we needed it most.

ignore the trolls man. you cant have a logical discussion with him.

I feel that way with a lot of posters here, but I wont let that stop me from at least trying to make my point. While often I don't agree with Paolo, I think he is actually sincere with his thoughts and he and I can disagree but at the same time keep it civil.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i honestly think we got more than one year left with this core. I think there is a high likelyhood that one or two of the big 3 dont opt out after next season.. Would you opt out if youre Chris Bosh? You not making that kind of money on the free market. Youre already at worse a 2 time champion. Same with DWade, not sure if anyone will offer a 32 year old DWade about 20 million per considering what has become apparent knee issues. We may just see Lebron opt out and then resign.

Wade's not opting out. He and the Heat know this is his last max contract. When this one is up he'll likely be signed up for $10-$13 mil per year afterwards because he'll be on the decline. He won't be making anywhere near Kobe money.

Lebron will definitely opt out, the writing's on the wall. He's got a new agent that's not cashing in on his current contract. I just can't see Lebron going anywhere else. Looking at videos on how Riley and Lebron interact with one another gives off the perception that their bond grows stronger each year.

Lebron knows players want to come play in Miami and for Pat Riley. I'm not worried about getting FA's to get here. It's just how long can Wade stay at this level that is my only worry. I wouldn't mind seeing Wade get two more and tying Kobe.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said last night, as good as Wade & James played we don't win this game without him or Chalmers. We only had 5 players score last night.

Actually bk, you're embellishing on that. Birdman only scored 3 points (which that's not his primary duty in the game). In technical terms we really only had 4 players score on the offensive side. Yet douche nozzle aka pidgeon wants to throw out that anyone else could've contributed. Ray was turning the ball over (though props on that 3-pointer in game 6 for saving the season). Mike Miller couldn't hit wide open shots to save his life. Shane was the hot hand tonight. All we needed was one player and Shane came up at the biggest moment - Game 7 in Miami for all the marbles.

Fuck the pidgeon he's a joke and is the reason all the regular posters have him on the ignore list so we don't have to see his ramblings. Only way we see them is when someone quotes his ridiculous ramblings.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was huge last night and one could easily argue that without his contributions the Heat lose the game/championship.

When you have LBJ and a guy like Wade playing as he did, what Shane Battier does becomes even more irrelevant than usual.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally able to post.. What a great win... It had to kill the pigeon inside to see Battier be the difference maker in this game and be one of the huge reasons we won the title again.. Absolutely great series and a great win for the Miami Heat team and fan base. We will only get better during the offseason and THREEpeat.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had to kill the pigeon inside to see Battier be the difference maker in this game and be one of the huge reasons we won the title again..

It didn’t kill me at all, because he wasn’t THE difference maker of this game or series - LBJ did his thing when he needed to and Wade was efficient as necessary and that is what helped us win - The scrub was again irrelevant.