• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spurs Finals Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thread for the finals... Anyone else can post the schedule

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't be surprised if this goes 6 or 7. The Spurs don't have a mismatch against us in this series....but they attack you with experience and great coaching.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to limit the mistakes and play our game and we can win this series in at least 6 games with a blow out or two in the mix

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Allen did a better job of setting his feet on 3pt attempts as I've been saying he needed to do and was successful tonight .

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt able to watch the game... long surgery case but what a delight.

So I see Wade and Allen contributed this time around. We need them for the Spurs. And Bosh should not allow bonner to get his threes.

It will be a tough series. Though it took seven gamesn the Pacers are predictable and the losses are due to Miami not the Pacers. The Spurs ahowever can beat us. We cannot make mistakes against this team.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No mismatches??

I guess Tony Parker versus Mario Chalmers is a push????

The HEAT might win, but I think there is some clear mismatches for both teams.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami wins this in 6. As long as Wade is out there hustling like he did today, that will relieve some pressure off LeBron.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No mismatches??

I guess Tony Parker versus Mario Chalmers is a push????

The HEAT might win, but I think there is some clear mismatches for both teams.

Maybe I should say physical matchups. I have all the respect in the world for Tony Parker. Arguably the best PG in the NBA right now, but he did struggle when Cole was defending him. Should be an exciting series.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should say physical matchups. I have all the respect in the world for Tony Parker. Arguably the best PG in the NBA right now, but he did struggle when Cole was defending him. Should be an exciting series.

I think splitter and duncan will be a physical mismatch against Bosh. I agree, it will be an exciting series. Ill take the spurs in 6

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think splitter and duncan will be a physical mismatch against Bosh. I agree, it will be an exciting series. Ill take the spurs in 6

I agree, those are two physical guys. I apologize if you guys misunderstood the context of my original post. But Hibbert (7'2) and West (guy hurts me just looking at him) provided a huge mismatch in that they were just far more physically dominant then what Miami could effectively handle. Duncan (one of the greatest players all-time) and Splitter do not poise the same physicality that he'll have to worry about. With Duncan, Bosh's length should poise more of an issue this time around.

I also don't see Bosh at any time guarding Bonner out in the perimeter as this will likely fall on Lebron during the mid-point of the game.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will be a tough series, but the spurs have to play perfect games to beat Miami. And while I do think the Spurs can pose more of a challenge than the Pacers, the longer this gets dragged out, the less chance for the Spurs to succeed. The first few games will tell... if the Spurs manages to be 2-0 against the Heat then they have a chance. If not, the wear and tear for the older big three of the Spurs will doom them.

Coaching wise, the Spurs have an edge. Execution wise the Heat have a slight edge. But the biggest edge is simply having Lebron. The Heat however cannot be Cavalier-like... as it was the Lebron led Cavaliers that lost to the Spurs years ago.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, those are two physical guys. I apologize if you guys misunderstood the context of my original post. But Hibbert (7'2) and West (guy hurts me just looking at him) provided a huge mismatch in that they were just far more physically dominant then what Miami could effectively handle. Duncan (one of the greatest players all-time) and Splitter do not poise the same physicality that he'll have to worry about. With Duncan, Bosh's length should poise more of an issue this time around.

I also don't see Bosh at any time guarding Bonner out in the perimeter as this will likely fall on Lebron during the mid-point of the game.

Might be nice to see Lebron against Duncan and Bosh guard the other big.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to enjoy these 2 stress free days of no basketball. That Indiana series was so stressful. Once they beat us in G2, it was 6 straight games of stress

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to enjoy these 2 stress free days of no basketball. That Indiana series was so stressful. Once they beat us in G2, it was 6 straight games of stress

It feels good... can't wait after the Finals as to who we can get as a center

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels good... can't wait after the Finals as to who we can get as a center

During the Bucks series Dalembert mentioned being interested in playing for the Heat. If Birdman were to come back and Dalembert be a center, it would allow Bosh to move back to the 4 where he's more comfortable. In the meantime need to focus on the Spurs. This is a series I honestly don't know how it will go other than that this will be a really close series.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i got heat in 6 in this series. i go back and forth between 6 and 7... but im going 6 officially.

bosh matches up better with duncan and splitter than hibbert. hibbert is much better defensively than both of them. bosh will be bosh this series, which will help. if the Heat win this series, we can officially lay claim to a dynasty. 3 titles and 4 finals in a 7 year span. That certainly qualifies in my book.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i got heat in 6 in this series. i go back and forth between 6 and 7... but im going 6 officially.

bosh matches up better with duncan and splitter than hibbert. hibbert is much better defensively than both of them. bosh will be bosh this series, which will help. if the Heat win this series, we can officially lay claim to a dynasty. 3 titles and 4 finals in a 7 year span. That certainly qualifies in my book.

:agree:

If you look at Bosh's numbers in the two games against the Spurs you'll see that he was rather effective. For as much criticism that he takes - and often times deserves, you cannot argue that he doesn't show up for the big moments.

The latter point you brought up waivers with me a little. For one, I'm not going to start the dynasty talk since we just got handed the ECF trophy yesterday. If and that's a BIG if, the Heat win this series 3 titles in a 7-year time span would in most cases fall as a dynasty. However, the first title did not contain this core. The only remnants of that 06 team are Wade and UD, everyone else had nothing to do with that title. I know no team ever keeps every single player around year after year. But our main core is the Big 3, but it's all about the semantics so maybe it would qualify.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I troll this thread?

Never mind as I have all the Heat loving with a MAN CRUSH on LeBum James on ignore :)

:)

Bandwagon LOSERS!

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just like a bitch... jumps into your conversation to tell you she's not talking to you. LMAO.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latter point you brought up waivers with me a little. For one, I'm not going to start the dynasty talk since we just got handed the ECF trophy yesterday. If and that's a BIG if, the Heat win this series 3 titles in a 7-year time span would in most cases fall as a dynasty. However, the first title did not contain this core. The only remnants of that 06 team are Wade and UD, everyone else had nothing to do with that title. I know no team ever keeps every single player around year after year. But our main core is the Big 3, but it's all about the semantics so maybe it would qualify.

see that is a sticking point for me too. But people bring up the spurs dynasty as 4 titles. But only Duncan was there for all 4. At least with our 3 we got 2 guys on board. That's something.