• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spurs Finals Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Ray is going to be back. He has a player option

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade also said no surgery is needed....that's a relief.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and Rashard said they'd both be back. There will be some players leaving though.

The main issue we need to solve is our size. Sign a real Center with a Center like body and move Bosh back to PF....Still baffled how Bosh scored 0 last night.

I can't lie now even though the hated the man on CBS when he kept saying it but I'll trade Bosh for Cousins in a heartbeat.

Outside of signing a real C, we also need to bring back Bird if possible.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main issue we need to solve is our size. Sign a real Center with a Center like body and move Bosh back to PF....Still baffled how Bosh scored 0 last night.

I can't lie now even though the hated the man on CBS when he kept saying it but I'll trade Bosh for Cousins in a heartbeat.

Outside of signing a real C, we also need to bring back Bird if possible.

More baffling is when 37 yo Duncan stole the ball from Bosh and Bosh couldnt chase after Duncans slow fast break

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stranger things may happen. Would you take Howard for Bosh and Cole?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade also said no surgery is needed....that's a relief.

that is a huge relief.

as far as players. i think Joel may be an amnesty victim. he is getting paid good money and is essentially our 4th center. that would free up some money to sign a legit center. i dont know the free agent pool right now.. nor do I care. BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!!!

i dont want bosh or anyone traded. minor tweaks here and there. if it aint broke, dont fix it. Right now, it aint broke.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone needs to realize that despite any amnesty the Heat will still be sorely over the salary cap. The Heat can amnesty someone like Mike Miller and get a mid-level exception back, but that's it.

The Heat will have two options heading their way in order to repeat:

1. Trade Bosh for some pieces, particularly muscle on the front line.

2. Keep Bosh and hope to find a player like Samuel Dalembert who's expressed interest in joining the Heat.

Other points for this team and series:

- Birdman needs to be resigned, he's the number one FA option this summer. I believe Ray and Rashard will be back.

- I'm not trading Norris Cole. He'll only get better and gives us a quality option for when Chalmers has his head up his own ass.

- I was critical of Bosh last night. But scoring zero points isn't as horrible as it sounds when you only shoot the ball 5 times. He still played effective defense on Duncan in the 2nd half of these close games and affected other aspects of the game. He saw that Wade and Lebron were scorching and he got the hell out of the way.

- This victory definitely helps in keeping Lebron in Miami. Don't know how you leave Miami now to go back to Cleveland where they don't know how to manage a roster. Or the Lakers who seem to be a mess right now.

- Awesome to say that Wade is a 3-time NBA champion.

- So glad that Shane saved us with his contributions off the bench for game 7....better late than never.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Back to Back

Our Miami Heat organization is now within a top 6 or 7 of NBA franchises of all time. Great job starting at the top. Arison and then Riley and then Spoles and of course the players. Good talking with you all during the season! Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Ray, Shane, Mike, Andersen, Haslem, Chalmers, and Cole all had big roles during the playoffs. Hats off...this is a team. I don't think you blow up a team with 3 straight title appearances and 2 back to back finals. How they play in the regular season going forward may be different.

In any event, what a ride! Once again, Shane proves he is a winner. Heat's Big 3 now has 2 championships with Shane versus none without! That one was for Paolo.

Yes- Spoles does deserve credit for keeping these guys together. At least one more year with the core!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Miami Heat organization is now within a top 6 or 7 of NBA franchises of all time. Great job starting at the top. Arison and then Riley and then Spoles and of course the players. Good talking with you all during the season! Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Ray, Shane, Mike, Andersen, Haslem, Chalmers, and Cole all had big roles during the playoffs. Hats off...this is a team. I don't think you blow up a team with 3 straight title appearances and 2 back to back finals. How they play in the regular season going forward may be different.

In any event, what a ride! Once again, Shane proves he is a winner. Heat's Big 3 now has 2 championships with Shane versus none without! That one was for Paolo.

Yes- Spoles does deserve credit for keeping these guys together. At least one more year with the core!

I'll address each point Andre. The Heat definitely moved in the top 6 or 7 and here's my current list (mostly based on titles):

1. Celtics
2. Lakers
3. Bulls
4. Spurs
5. Heat

Overall, I think the Heat stays as is with certain role players leaving:

Juwan Howard: Retire
Mike Miller: Might retire
Joel Anthony: Possibly traded

You definitely don't blow up this team. But you also don't ignore that the Pacers will be better and they in my mind are the one threat to the Heat in the East. I'm sorry I'm just not sold on Chicago. When Rose comes back it will be back to Derrick Rose or bust. Put Lebron on him in the 4th and it's over. Same old song Heat in 5.

Shane was instrumental in the last 3 games of the year and was excellent last night. Played good D and went 6 for 8 from 3-point land. Paolo will continue to bitch about Shane, but fuck him. Shane's now a 2-time NBA champion. Douche face still lives in his grandma's basement. Who do you think is enjoying life more?

I owe Spo an apology from the ECF. He kind of out coached Pop this series and bolstered his own resume. Unfortunately he'll always have doubters. But he's continuing to grow as a coach and outside of Popovich and maybe Rivers there's no other coach I'd rather have.

Andre I enjoyed being on these boards with you guys and hope to keep the communication up with things that will be going on in the NBA during the offseason.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone needs to realize that despite any amnesty the Heat will still be sorely over the salary cap. The Heat can amnesty someone like Mike Miller and get a mid-level exception back, but that's it.

The Heat will have two options heading their way in order to repeat:

1. Trade Bosh for some pieces, particularly muscle on the front line.

2. Keep Bosh and hope to find a player like Samuel Dalembert who's expressed interest in joining the Heat.

Other points for this team and series:

- Birdman needs to be resigned, he's the number one FA option this summer. I believe Ray and Rashard will be back.

- I'm not trading Norris Cole. He'll only get better and gives us a quality option for when Chalmers has his head up his own ass.

- I was critical of Bosh last night. But scoring zero points isn't as horrible as it sounds when you only shoot the ball 5 times. He still played effective defense on Duncan in the 2nd half of these close games and affected other aspects of the game. He saw that Wade and Lebron were scorching and he got the hell out of the way.

- This victory definitely helps in keeping Lebron in Miami. Don't know how you leave Miami now to go back to Cleveland where they don't know how to manage a roster. Or the Lakers who seem to be a mess right now.

- Awesome to say that Wade is a 3-time NBA champion.

- So glad that Shane saved us with his contributions off the bench for game 7....better late than never.

Here's the problem I see. I dont know what we could get back for Bosh. His salary is like 20 million then 22 million the final two years of his contract. That's huge. I'm not sure who would be willing to take this on.

other than that... I agree with 100% of everything you said. I think we keep Chris Bosh.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds 2m
Shane Battier was how good last night? Without him, Heatland would be a somber place today.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's the problem I see. I dont know what we could get back for Bosh. His salary is like 20 million then 22 million the final two years of his contract. That's huge. I'm not sure who would be willing to take this on.

other than that... I agree with 100% of everything you said. I think we keep Chris Bosh.

I don't think anyone's going to take on Bosh's contract. Bosh would only make a losing team an 8 or 7th seed at best. The NBA draft next year is going to be ridiculous and you'll see some teams tank the season to put themselves in position to get Andrew Wiggins. The last thing the Bobcats would do is take Bosh to make the playoffs and not get Wiggins.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i honestly think we got more than one year left with this core. I think there is a high likelyhood that one or two of the big 3 dont opt out after next season.. Would you opt out if youre Chris Bosh? You not making that kind of money on the free market. Youre already at worse a 2 time champion. Same with DWade, not sure if anyone will offer a 32 year old DWade about 20 million per considering what has become apparent knee issues. We may just see Lebron opt out and then resign.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had a fluke of a game and made lucky shots.... We won this title, like our last title, like our first title, without him... He was irrelevant yet again.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a fluke of a game and made lucky shots.... We won this title, like our last title, like our first title, without him... He was irrelevant yet again.

How can you say that? He hit 6/8 3's.

Did we win by more than 18?
Was Miller/Allen/others going to score more than 18 points with those same 8 shots?

You get on these tangents, but when you refuse to give no credit when credit is due, it becomes just petty hate.
For a lot of the playoffs he was terrible.
Yesterday he was THE difference maker.
We expected James to go for 30+.

Shane has been solid in key moments in both of last 2 Finals.

Who cares what he or anyone else does in game 23 vs the Bobcats or for the most part any regular season win?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fluke, they were lucky shots - he wasn’t guarded very well if at all on most of them, so that makes it easy on him.
Was Miller/Allen/others going to score more than 18 points with those same 8 shots?

We have guys that are more than capable of doing the same and could have if given a chance.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did we win by more than 18?

You get on these tangents, but when you refuse to give no credit when credit is due, it becomes just petty hate.
For a lot of the playoffs he was terrible.
Yesterday he was THE difference maker.
We expected James to go for 30+.

Shane has been solid in key moments in both of last 2 Finals.

Who cares what he or anyone else does in game 23 vs the Bobcats or for the most part any regular season win?

turnup-

dont feed the trolls.

everyone who is a heat fan or just followed the team knows how good this guy played most of the regular season and how bad he played this post season. he broke out his slump in game 6.. and just caught fire game 7. shooters go through that. it happens. dude showed up when we needed it most.

ignore the trolls man. you cant have a logical discussion with him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds 2m
Shane Battier was how good last night? Without him, Heatland would be a somber place today.

As I said last night, as good as Wade & James played we don't win this game without him or Chalmers. We only had 5 players score last night.