• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Game Thread for March

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally does something positive and makes a block there

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Followed by another turnover as only he could

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice shot there by Mr.Wade one final defensive stretch here to seal it

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should do it. Heat with a bounce back victory

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a lot of people will be happy with this win. Really need to start playing better defense

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a lot of people will be happy with this win. Really need to start playing better defense

A win is a win is a win. And for the Heat they are often ugly. Such is how it goes

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roster make up and situation a little different on both occasions -- This one has been ideal for J-Rich and chances have presented themselves - he has taken advantage more and more each time. He certainly is better than NC in that regard - he has figured it out quicker and has sustained consistency -- but still rather early in his progression

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mentioned this a few nights ago.
This style is fun to watch, but not what we're accustomed to, and not sure how far it will take us.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned this a few nights ago.
This style is fun to watch, but not what we're accustomed to, and not sure how far it will take us.

The style is not the issue. The style is not the reason for out defense allowing higher shooting %.

The issue is we went from having 3 really good defenders in Bosh, Hassan, and Deng in the starting lineup to just one. Getting off to bad defensive starts with the starting unit just sets the tone for the game and give the opponent confidence. Johnson and Amare are awful defenders.

GSW plays at the 2nd highest PACE but they're top 5 in opp fg%. It usually have a huge impact on PPG allowed which is understandable but we need to start locking up again.

My suggestion to Spo is since Richardson and Winslow are now playing better, bring Hassan back in the starting lineup. Amare can still get his 12-15 MPG but with my plan, the difference will be instead of getting those minutes with other poor defenders such as Wade and Dragic, he will now be on the court with 2 very good defenders in Richardson and Winslow.......Maybe even Deng.

I think if we make this minor adjustment, we would notice an immediate difference in opp shooting %

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The style is not the issue. The style is not the reason for out defense allowing higher shooting %.

The issue is we went from having 3 really good defenders in Bosh, Hassan, and Deng in the starting lineup to just one. Getting off to bad defensive starts with the starting unit just sets the tone for the game and give the opponent confidence. Johnson and Amare are awful defenders.

GSW plays at the 2nd highest PACE but they're top 5 in opp fg%. It usually have a huge impact on PPG allowed which is understandable but we need to start locking up again.

My suggestion to Spo is since Richardson and Winslow are now playing better, bring Hassan back in the starting lineup. Amare can still get his 12-15 MPG but with my plan, the difference will be instead of getting those minutes with other poor defenders such as Wade and Dragic, he will now be on the court with 2 very good defenders in Richardson and Winslow.......Maybe even Deng.

I think if we make this minor adjustment, we would notice an immediate difference in pop shooting %

Interestingly enough it seemed that the " style" was the thing people had an issue with most before and said our style of play was too slow etc.

As for your " plan" as usual armchair coach --not a bad plan in a perfect world -- but thats not the world we live in.

Always fun to think of perfect scenarios in your head but the problem with that is you ignore several different outside factors that may cause that " plan" not to work to perfection as you think it would

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly enough it seemed that the " style" was the thing people had an issue with most before and said our style of play was too slow etc.

As for your " plan" as usual armchair coach --not a bad plan in a perfect world -- but thats not the world we live in.

Always fun to think of perfect scenarios in your head but the problem with that is you ignore several different outside factors that may cause that " plan" not to work to perfection as you think it would

Nobody is complaining about our style of play.

Unless the starting unit picks up on the defensive end soon, Spo will have no choice but to replace Amare. You can't continue to play zero defense at the start of the 1st and 2nd half with this unit. Not going anywhere in the playoffs playing like that.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is complaining about our style of play.

Unless the starting unit picks up on the defensive end soon, Spo will have no choice but to replace Amare. You can't continue to play zero defense at the start of the 1st and 2nd half with this unit. Not going anywhere in the playoffs playing like that.

First, I don't think there was/is much expectation for the Heat to get too far in the playoffs to begin with.

Second, for all the complaining about style of play and coaching decisions -- The playoffs is when I believe it is most likely we go back to Hassan as a starter anyway. A couple of wins here and there in the next coming days and we will be just about a lock for the playoffs.

Hassan4playoffs! with CB!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I don't think there was/is much expectation for the Heat to get too far in the playoffs to begin with.

Second, for all the complaining about style of play and coaching decisions -- The playoffs is when I believe it is most likely we go back to Hassan as a starter anyway. A couple of wins here and there in the next coming days and we will be just about a lock for the playoffs.

Hassan4playoffs! with CB!

The Heat can make the conference finals if they avoid Cleveland