• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Game Thread for February

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree it is a lot of assuming, but let's combine some common sense.
My common sense tells me that Boshs body can't handle the travel.
If you can't travel, you can't play.
And if he doesn't retire, and it happens again next year, were fucked the following year.

Once again, it's not the travel that caused the blood clots. It's a blood disorder, it could be genetic, it could be occurring for a variety of other reasons. I had a blood disorder that was the exact opposite of Bosh's a couple of years back. Bosh's blood clots too easily, in that case he has to take blood thinners (which he is now on). One blow to the head and he's fucked for life, or even worse, dead.

Yeah, he hasn't retired yet. But this is his second blood clot in as many years. The writing's on the wall.

As far as Whiteside goes, he's already been shopped around. He's had how many issues? How many times have players criticized him publicly? I know a situation that's brewing when I see it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he doesn't retire, and it happens again next year, were fucked the following year.

I see what you're saying but based on everything I read, I think he gives it one more go. Reason is because it does not seem like you this one is nearly as bad as it was last time (he's not even staying in the hospital), and he already spoke to a Nascar driver who came back from multiple blood clots. I think he gives it a go next season. If it happens again then he's done. If not he will continue his career. Only thing that changes this is if his MD tells him his life is at risk if he continues to play basketball. Otherwise I think he's back next year

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the way the travel schedule has been for the Heat -- Why would it just now suddenly become a problem for CB or anyone else for that matter -- would be my question?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, it's not the travel that caused the blood clots. It's a blood disorder, it could be genetic, it could be occurring for a variety of other reasons. I had a blood disorder that was the exact opposite of Bosh's a couple of years back. Bosh's blood clots too easily, in that case he has to take blood thinners (which he is now on). One blow to the head and he's fucked for life, or even worse, dead.

Surely a blow to the head could make the situation lethal or any other type of similar trauma. I think if he and the team knew this would be a recurring problem - he would have taken his time coming back - and the Heat would be more cautious in how they have used him this season -- I don't think that the possibility of a reoccurrence was ever mentioned while on the road back for him - at least not publicly.

One other thing to point out and remember -- the person who spoke to this matter did so anonymously for a variety of reasons - That same person hasn't said much else after word spread. Something to consider?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Bottom line is we are going to suck for awhile.
If I were Arison I'd get under for sure.

If Wade wants out, nobody should hold it against him, unless he goes to the Cavs.

Yep....agree. We would have to luck into a #1 pick that is generational during one of the few years that we actually have a first round pick otherwise the next couple of seasons are going to be real bad. We have Winslow, Dragic and McRoberts signed long term....gulp! But on the positive side, we have Coach Spolestra with his creative offensive schemes to help score points!!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the travel schedule has been for the Heat -- Why would it just now suddenly become a problem for CB or anyone else for that matter -- would be my question?

Obviously I'm no medical expert or blood clot expert.
What I do know though, is that the same thing happened to his body during the time of the year when the Heat is traveling the most.

As far as your question, I don't know.
My guess is that people's bodies change as they age.
Why does anyone who seems healthy, suddenly get sick?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice tomorrow for the Heat so we will definetly get some word at that point

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Surely a blow to the head could make the situation lethal or any other type of similar trauma. I think if he and the team knew this would be a recurring problem - he would have taken his time coming back - and the Heat would be more cautious in how they have used him this season -- I don't think that the possibility of a reoccurrence was ever mentioned while on the road back for him - at least not publicly.

One other thing to point out and remember -- the person who spoke to this matter did so anonymously for a variety of reasons - That same person hasn't said much else after word spread. Something to consider?

He would be nuts to play on blood thinners. Too much risk involved in it. I think multiple news sources have confirmed he is on blood thinners which means he has at least one blood clot. He is very likely done for this year and he may end up retiring or giving it one more shot next year but the odds are not on our side.

Hell, we had a great 10 year run!!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you're saying but based on everything I read, I think he gives it one more go. Reason is because it does not seem like you this one is nearly as bad as it was last time (he's not even staying in the hospital), and he already spoke to a Nascar driver who came back from multiple blood clots. I think he gives it a go next season. If it happens again then he's done. If not he will continue his career. Only thing that changes this is if his MD tells him his life is at risk if he continues to play basketball. Otherwise I think he's back next year

I get all that.
The question is, if they don't know why this is happening, and can't prevent it from happening again, do we want him back?

That 1 year retirement/cap rule is brutal.
I say get the clock rolling now.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does anyone who seems healthy, suddenly get sick?

Not to make this a religion talk --as I am by no means religious -- But , to answer your question, I would say its fate/destiny - as that is what I believe in and think it is what life is about . Things happen because they were meant to - or don't because they weren't meant to. I use my own personal experience - a few years back when I discovered a benign mass on my knee -- it turns out, I did nothing wrong, could do nothing to prevent it -- it just happened . Such is life quite often.

Thankfully, clots its one of the few things I haven't had to deal with considering all my other physical issues - so I no little - to nothing about it -- you seem to have more direct experience?

As I remember CB and his wife are expecting twins this time around -- would he have continued to try to make babies if he had something that he could pass on/etc?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS. That is a very telling point.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Heat.
We couldn't even get McBob updates.
I wouldn't hold my breath.

The Heat gave them. The updates may not have come when people wanted them to or they weren't the updates people desired - but we got them. I would guess we get updates on this matter if it is as serious as it has been made out to be.

Caution: If the Heat do in fact say nothing on the matter -- it could very well be that there is nothing to it- no reason to continue to speculate further

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS. That is a very telling point.

1. I know nothing about blood clots. I hope my posts don't imply otherwise.

2. Last year, neither did Bosh, and ignored the symptoms and didn't go to the doctor. I think that is why this year, it's still in his legs vs his lungs. He went right away.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Heat updating on injury -- Any of you care to remind me on what the procedure is in the NBA as far as reporting injuries etc? It doesn't seem as " strict" as it is in the NFL, for example -- where if there are inaccuracies in the reports an immediate investigation takes place. It seems like teams reporting injuries in the NBA is just a formality of sorts -- accuracy not as important as it should be.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I know nothing about blood clots. I hope my posts don't imply otherwise.

2. Last year, neither did Bosh, and ignored the symptoms and didn't go to the doctor. I think that is why this year, it's still in his legs vs his lungs. He went right away.

My bad bro. It was someone else who said they had blood clots before.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really. The general consensus is that Bosh is on blood thinners. He's now more susceptible to bruising as his blood won't be able to clot as well (the general problem). There's a chance he comes back, but it's not looking good.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, @TimReynolds covers the heat for the AP -- he, too, has said little to nothing further on the matter -- And the source of the news was an AP person if I recall correctly. If there was something to it, Tim would more than likely have constant follow ups on the matter.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I myself have said lets not get ahead of ourselves on this matter or any single one really -- But, for the sake of discussion.. I will.

While Riley and the Heat accomplished their goal of winning some titles after putting the big 3 together, this season and last -- And as some have said, maybe even for a couple of years into the future -- we will see the downside of having sacrificed so much in order to bring together 3 of the best players to ever play the game.

Will the approach be the same in our next bid to compete for some titles? Will we once again throw huge chunks to 2-3 guys -- leaving us with having to persuade guys to take chump change in order to join us? Is there a better way? What is it?

Banged up or not, I am looking forward to games being played again starting friday

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I myself have said lets not get ahead of ourselves on this matter or any single one really -- But, for the sake of discussion.. I will.

While Riley and the Heat accomplished their goal of winning some titles after putting the big 3 together, this season and last -- And as some have said, maybe even for a couple of years into the future -- we will see the downside of having sacrificed so much in order to bring together 3 of the best players to ever play the game.

Will the approach be the same in our next bid to compete for some titles? Will we once again throw huge chunks to 2-3 guys -- leaving us with having to persuade guys to take chump change in order to join us? Is there a better way? What is it?

Banged up or not, I am looking forward to games being played again starting friday

The issue with us giving up so many of our draft picks is that we have chosen a path of making splashes in free agency as our preferred approach rather than developing players that we have drafted. We shall see if it plays out well particularly where there is no superstar to attract another superstar. Not sure what else we can do other than getting lucky in the D league or having a bunch of rich talented veterans wanting to play for little due to the allure of Miami!!