• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Game Thread for February

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with us giving up so many of our draft picks is that we have chosen a path of making splashes in free agency as our preferred approach rather than developing players that we have drafted. We shall see if it plays out well particularly where there is no superstar to attract another superstar. Not sure what else we can do other than getting lucky in the D league or having a bunch of rich talented veterans wanting to play for little due to the allure of Miami!!

Honestly I could careless about draft picks. For one were bad at drafting and second, unless you're getting a Lebron, Durant, or Westbrook type of player in the draft most of those guys never end up being superstars. I actually rather build through free agency and trades. Just look at the Kings and T-Wolves for example. They have gotten lottery pick after lottery pick (and in some years multiple lottery picks) and they still suck so I can understand why Pat trade away draft picks.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I could careless about draft picks. For one were bad at drafting and second, unless you're getting a Lebron, Durant, or Westbrook type of player in the draft most of those guys never end up being superstars. I actually rather build through free agency and trades. Just look at the Kings and T-Wolves for example. They have gotten lottery pick after lottery pick (and in some years multiple lottery picks) and they still suck so I can understand why Pat trade away draft picks.

Maybe the Heat have been purposely bad at drafting considering they more so prioritize building the team through FA/Trades?

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the other hand, OKC & Warriors were built through the draft. (and most of Spurs also +LA & Green)

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get the feeling everything is going to be alright after all

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not to you. It gives me reason for optimism. We view things differently. Such is life. Move on.

Not sure that it means anything, but I'll say it is optimistic.

Speaking of, Hassan has been totally off social media since his ejection.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of, Hassan has been totally off social media since his ejection.

Hopefully he is taken it upon himself not to open his mouth again unless he has something of value to say. Or maybe he got a talking-to about the shit he has been saying. He has to work on his temper - he has a problem with it obviously. People often get him started on social media and rather than take the high-road, he says some things he probably shouldn't.

Hopefully he lets his game do the talking from this point forward

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he is taken it upon himself not to open his mouth again unless he has something of value to say. Or maybe he got a talking-to about the shit he has been saying. He has to work on his temper - he has a problem with it obviously. People often get him started on social media and rather than take the high-road, he says some things he probably shouldn't.

Hopefully he lets his game do the talking from this point forward

I'm thinking we need to start building around Whiteside/Winslow.
That almost has to be the mindset IF Bosh is out of the equation.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking we need to start building around Whiteside/Winslow.
That almost has to be the mindset IF Bosh is out of the equation.

I think those are the two we build around for the future regardless of what goes on with CB.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some won't be satisfied with this response from the Heat but its the one I expected. They know nothing for sure yet and won't comment further until they know something further.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat's never been good at drafting. Here's a look at the successful drafts he's had in the last 15 years:

1. Got Caron Butler in 2002 which was an important piece in getting Shaq that netted us a title in '06.
2. Got Dwayne Wade with the number 5 pick given that Detroit was stupid in getting Darko at 4.
3. We lucked into Justice Winslow this past draft.

Other than that, most of our draft picks have not panned out when we're talking about the 1st round.

Also, as it relates to this team, just about all of Riley's moves have failed:

1. Deng hasn't lived up to his contract nor has McRoberts.
2. Dragic was signed to a long-term deal when we traded 1st round picks for him. Yet the personnel and style of play don't fit to his strengths.
3. Amare for what we're getting is fine.
4. Whiteside for what he's getting paid is a huge bargain. But he's going to be overpaid next year.

I don't feel comfortable building around Whiteside and Winslow (I like Winslow).

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat's never been good at drafting. Here's a look at the successful drafts he's had in the last 15 years:

1. Got Caron Butler in 2002 which was an important piece in getting Shaq that netted us a title in '06.
2. Got Dwayne Wade with the number 5 pick given that Detroit was stupid in getting Darko at 4.
3. We lucked into Justice Winslow this past draft.

Other than that, most of our draft picks have not panned out when we're talking about the 1st round.

Also, as it relates to this team, just about all of Riley's moves have failed:

1. Deng hasn't lived up to his contract nor has McRoberts.
2. Dragic was signed to a long-term deal when we traded 1st round picks for him. Yet the personnel and style of play don't fit to his strengths.
3. Amare for what we're getting is fine.
4. Whiteside for what he's getting paid is a huge bargain. But he's going to be overpaid next year.

I don't feel comfortable building around Whiteside and Winslow (I like Winslow).

Maybe time is up on the Deng/McRoberts experiments - though every now and then Deng will have his moments on both ends of the court. As for Dragic, I personally think the jury is still out. He has his moments as well - its a matter of circumstances playing out in his favor and he gets on a roll.

As to not feeling comfortable building around Hassan and Justise , thats reasonable -but based on potential, I have faith in being able to build around them. Like I have said before, lots of season left which will give them time to continue to develop and see what they are capable of and how much further along they can get.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe time is up on the Deng/McRoberts experiments - though every now and then Deng will have his moments on both ends of the court. As for Dragic, I personally think the jury is still out. He has his moments as well - its a matter of circumstances playing out in his favor and he gets on a roll.

As to not feeling comfortable building around Hassan and Justise , thats reasonable -but based on potential, I have faith in being able to build around them. Like I have said before, lots of season left which will give them time to continue to develop and see what they are capable of and how much further along they can get.

I agree with you on the former. McRoberts has been a complete bust on his contract and is always injured. Deng is fairly injury prone, and as you mentioned he does have glimpses of where he still plays at a high level. Problem is is that at $10 mil, you need to be more consistent which he isn't. Also, the system was play doesn't suit Dragic's strengths. He's still a good player. We're just not putting him in a position to succeed.

I have faith building them around as well. Who knows? Maybe once Hassan gets his money he then shapes up. Maybe he finally conforms to the Heat way. If Bosh is retiring, it certainly puts things in perspective on Whiteside.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Bosh put on snap chat that he'll only be out a week?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd gladly eat crow on that one. I'll continue to remain pessimistic about this.

I agree with you.
I just don't see why he'd post anything , if he really did, if it was false.