• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Game Thread for February

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will miss the heart and hustle of CA but the production slipped quite a bit ago -- so, in that regard he won't be missed by me.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are also sending two future second round picks - one " heavily protected according to @WoJVerticalNBA

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, Tobias Harris to Detroit for Ersan and Jennings to Orlando

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I said the Heat would do nothing at/ or before the deadline -- In a way, I would say this still qualifies as such given its just for tax saving purposes. Don't see the addition of Roberts of anything significant - the Heat will probably not use him in any way to help the team currently

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another spot for Beasley now?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I said the Heat would do nothing at/ or before the deadline -- In a way, I would say this still qualifies as such given its just for tax saving purposes. Don't see the addition of Roberts of anything significant - the Heat will probably not use him in any way to help the team currently

Well a 3rd PG was needed once Tyler went down so it makes sense. Can't afford to have Beno or Goran go down and be left with 1 true PG on the roster.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This day has not been a good day for Heat Nation. Will miss the Birdman for sure, but he gave us some great memories and for that we gave him some nice parting money. Will always remember his passion. The trade was actually decent from a basketball standpoint as I think the new PG may add a little more than Beno. The real winners in the trade are Heat Ownership who save $6 million!

Meanwhile, the Chris Bosh news is sad and like many of you unless they are not telling the whole truth I found it doubtful that he plays this season and probably unlikely that he ever plays again. Does not seem worth the risk as he has so much more to live for.

The bad news for our organization is that we essentially put all our chips in for this year and the next two and with all of the draft picks we have given up and with the potential that Bosh may be on the books next year for $23 million even if he retires, I wonder if we are about to experience a very low period in Heat history as we have mortgaged the future. I guess only time will tell.

What do you guys think in terms of cutting more space before the trade deadline to completely be below the tax line? McRoberts was likely a goner, but do the Arison's now with Bosh out stick with him and stay above the tax line? Much to be decided and we don't have a ton of information on Bosh's health. Tough decisions coming for sure.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a 3rd PG was needed once Tyler went down so it makes sense. Can't afford to have Beno or Goran go down and be left with 1 true PG on the roster.

This day has not been a good day for Heat Nation. Will miss the Birdman for sure, but he gave us some great memories and for that we gave him some nice parting money. Will always remember his passion. The trade was actually decent from a basketball standpoint as I think the new PG may add a little more than Beno. The real winners in the trade are Heat Ownership who save $6 million!

Meanwhile, the Chris Bosh news is sad and like many of you unless they are not telling the whole truth I found it doubtful that he plays this season and probably unlikely that he ever plays again. Does not seem worth the risk as he has so much more to live for.

The bad news for our organization is that we essentially put all our chips in for this year and the next two and with all of the draft picks we have given up and with the potential that Bosh may be on the books next year for $23 million even if he retires, I wonder if we are about to experience a very low period in Heat history as we have mortgaged the future. I guess only time will tell.

What do you guys think in terms of cutting more space before the trade deadline to completely be below the tax line? McRoberts was likely a goner, but do the Arison's now with Bosh out stick with him and stay above the tax line? Much to be decided and we don't have a ton of information on Bosh's health. Tough decisions coming for sure.

Bottom line is we are going to suck for awhile.
If I were Arison I'd get under for sure.

If Wade wants out, nobody should hold it against him, unless he goes to the Cavs.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wade wants out, nobody should hold it against him, unless he goes to the Cavs.

Why would he want out? that would just beyond stupid. And, if he does want out -- he will more than likely just retire IMO before leaving the Heat for another team especially the Cavs -- If he desires to go elsewhere, it would be back home to Chicago and play for the Bulls. But to suggest he wants out for any reason is a bit crazy -- not to say stupid.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he want out? that would just beyond stupid. And, if he does want out -- he will more than likely just retire IMO before leaving the Heat for another team especially the Cavs -- If he desires to go elsewhere, it would be back home to Chicago and play for the Bulls. But to suggest he wants out for any reason is a bit crazy -- not to say stupid.

Players of his status play for the hope of rings.
Now let's figure in age and injury history.
He only has so many rodeos left.

I think he's stupid to stay.
We will be horrible next year, and he will be miserable.
You can't overcome the loss of Bosh ( assuming he's done) and his salary cap hit.
It's impossible.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, to add, I beg to differ -- we won't " suck" for long. We have some young guys to build around should we elect for a youth movement -- which is the direction this team may eventually go and will need to go -- moves like these are often necessary to be able to retool. Under Riles, the Heat will only settle to retool not rebuild

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing is McRoberts really can't be dealt. He's a horrible multi-year deal who's often injured. With Bosh out, we're going to have to hold onto him and his bloated salary.

I think we have all the info we need on Bosh. He has a blood disorder and can't play while he's on blood thinners. We're looking at a complete rebuild.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, to add, I beg to differ -- we won't " suck" for long. We have some young guys to build around should we elect for a youth movement -- which is the direction this team may eventually go and will need to go -- moves like these are often necessary to be able to retool. Under Riles, the Heat will only settle to retool not rebuild

We have Winslow. Who's the other young guys that we're building around? Whiteside looks like he's all but gone at this juncture.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players of his status play for the hope of rings.
Now let's figure in age and injury history.
He only has so many rodeos left.

I think he's stupid to stay.
We will be horrible next year, and he will be miserable.
You can't overcome the loss of Bosh ( assuming he's done) and his salary cap hit.
It's impossible.

I don't think he is as eagerly chasing rings at this point in his career as maybe he did a couple of seasons ago. His legacy has been written - I think finishing his career healthy is top priority as he moves into the life-after-basketball stage of his life.

As for being " horrible" next season, what leads you to say such a thing? Far too early in this season to say such a thing. I guess you are speculating the departure of Hassan Whiteside as you have been the least optimistic on the subject -- And the possible retirement/injury to CB -- But we will still have our backcourt guys - a slightly more experienced Justise Winslow - Riles will make sure we won't suck next season or for too long for that matter. Riley will still find ways to continue to make Miami one of the most , if not the most desirable places to play in the NBA.

Not a damn thing is impossible for Riles.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a whole lot of assuming going on in here. Based on what I've read, it doesn't even seem like CB is considering retirement. Let's wait til he retire before making all these assumptions

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is as eagerly chasing rings at this point in his career as maybe he did a couple of seasons ago. His legacy has been written - I think finishing his career healthy is top priority as he moves into the life-after-basketball stage of his life.

As for being " horrible" next season, what leads you to say such a thing? Far too early in this season to say such a thing. I guess you are speculating the departure of Hassan Whiteside as you have been the least optimistic on the subject -- And the possible retirement/injury to CB -- But we will still have our backcourt guys - a slightly more experienced Justise Winslow - Riles will make sure we won't suck next season or for too long for that matter. Riley will still find ways to continue to make Miami one of the most , if not the most desirable places to play in the NBA.

Not a damn thing is impossible for Riles.

If Bosh doesn't play, we're fucked.
Plain and simple.
Nothing to do with any Whiteside decision.
I believe Bosh makes 27M next year.
If we could spend that this summer on other FA, then yes, we'd be fine.
But, we can't.
Arison is no fool. No shot he goes above the luxury tax line.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside looks like he's all but gone at this juncture.

Again, what leads you to be so sure he will be gone after this season -- other than him supposedly not being happy with his PT at times and how and when he is used as you have often suggested? On a good day, Hassan always makes it seem like he wants to stay -- It will be up to the Heat -- And I personally believe the jury still out on Hassan and whether he is worthy of a big contract or not - lots of season left for him to make his case -- which means lots of season for his game to grow as well as his attitude.

As for having all the info on Bosh, whatever you have on that front I think we, or at least I would like to see it? As far as I know, the Heat - nor none of the trusted Heat writers have said anything official/backed up as far as the official diagnosis on CB and his prognosis.

This situation SEEMS like a serious one and not one I think the Heat would mess around with. They wouldn't -- won't and haven't said anything official yet because obviously they don't have all the details on the situation themselves.

Here is another reason why I don't believe even the Heat know anything official on CB -- they just made todays trade official a few moments ago and they did not discuss the matter in any way - Had they known something they probably would have said something then and adding to it as things develop.

I am just optimistic on all things Heat for the moment until things are official - no sense in getting ahead of ourselves otherwise.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a whole lot of assuming going on in here. Based on what I've read, it doesn't even seem like CB is considering retirement. Let's wait til he retire before making all these assumptions

I'll agree it is a lot of assuming, but let's combine some common sense.
My common sense tells me that Boshs body can't handle the travel.
If you can't travel, you can't play.
And if he doesn't retire, and it happens again next year, were fucked the following year.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a whole lot of assuming going on in here. Based on what I've read, it doesn't even seem like CB is considering retirement. Let's wait till he retire before making all these assumptions

Its exactly what I am trying to say. Ever since the source of the news made this into a big deal, few others have said much else if anything on the matter -- so, I would caution people to just wait. Shit, not even CB or any of our players have said anything on the matter -- if this was as big an issue as it seemed -- I think the team/organization would have expressed immediate support, etc and done so publicly.

That said, the Heat haven't practiced yet since coming back from the AS break -- so it is probably at that point they dress the matter.

As someone who lives with medical struggles daily - I can tell you that CB couldn't be in a better place than Miami to find the appropriate doctor to address whatever he has going on. From the moment you are a kid --until you are old and gray , the right doctors/hospital are in Florida -- specifically Miami.