• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Game Thread for February

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ira didn't say so himself but I am sure he is thinking it as one of the best in the know about all things Heat -- but I would say " consider the source" I myself am not saying CB's injury is any more or less severe than thought - I am just saying, until the Heat say anything officially - make nothing out of what you hear on the matter.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ira didn't say so himself but I am sure he is thinking it as one of the best in the know about all things Heat -- but I would say " consider the source" I myself am not saying CB's injury is any more or less severe than thought - I am just saying, until the Heat say anything officially - make nothing out of what you hear on the matter.

My opinion is he's fine.
If he wasn't, why would he have spent the weekend in Toronto partying vs getting treatment in Miami?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is he's fine.
If he wasn't, why would he have spent the weekend in Toronto partying vs getting treatment in Miami?

Because Queen James showed him the importance of partying vs getting treatment/practicing for the next game? All kidding aside -- I very much agree with you -- But, I think the fact that the event was in TOR had something to do with him going despite being injured - I don't think he goes were it elsewhere -- Just my thoughts though.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Queen James showed him the importance of partying vs getting treatment/practicing for the next game? All kidding aside -- I very much agree with you -- But, I think the fact that the event was in TOR had something to do with him going despite being injured - I don't think he goes were it elsewhere -- Just my thoughts though.

It's an honor, obviously, in being selected.
No reason to not make the journey if you don't need treatment.
He prob had more fun there, knowing he wasn't going to participate in the actual game where he would just be an afterthought anyway.
He prob wanted to do the 3 point thing though.

As far as James, nobody can ever say that he doesn't put the work in to stay in freakish, physical shape.
I'll agree that he often half assed parts of a lot or regular season games, but that was mental, not physical.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He prob wanted to do the 3 point thing though.

Thats the part that sucked the most for me. I wanted him to have his moment in the competition - may not have won it - but he would have made it fun - and next to Wade, he CB is probably one of the guys on the team that deserved to have the spotlight solely on him amongst heat players.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is he's fine.

Speculation is that he has another blood clot but not life threatening as the one last year. Will be stunned if he plays basketball again.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation is that he has another blood clot but not life threatening as the one last year. Will be stunned if he plays basketball again.

If it's not life threatening , no reason to think he won't play anymore --unless he just decides to call it quits to focus on his health and life after basketball -- wouldn't blame him.

This is being reported by AP by a source speaking on condition of anonymity -- so , take that into account . None of the heat writers have made any mention of this - nor has the team. All we can do is hope for the best for CB

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Bosh is ok. BUT, lets say it is another blood clot. He should seriously consider just retiring. His life is far more important then the game of basketball.

IF he were to retire tho, would his salary come off the books? If so, then it gives us enough $$ to go after Durant in the offseason.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we quit speculating and wish CB well and hope for the best and wait until something official comes out.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to retire.
Back to back seasons when this has happened at the same point on the schedule.
Obviously all the flying is taking a toll on him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to retire.
Back to back seasons when this has happened at the same point on the schedule.
Obviously all the flying is taking a toll on him.

It's not a question of him flying. It's just genetics that are coming into play. I had a blood disorder that was the exact opposite of what Bosh had in the summer of 2014. One day I woke up and was bruising everywhere because my blood wouldn't clot (I'm currently 31, going on 32 next month). One hit in the head, and I would be permanently disabled or even dead. If Bosh is on blood thinners, he's not coming back. He'll have this disorder whether he's playing or not. But if his blood clots up too much, he'll always need to be on some type of blood thinning medication, which would indirectly prevent him from playing again.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now with Bosh out, I think for the rest of this year we need to play small ball. I think Winslow should be moved to SF with Deng moving to PF.