• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam, I say we aim for the second Sunday in May, which should be sufficiently suicidal.

Everybody should check in again, but off the top of my head the suicide league is:
Treff
Joe
Lefty
Fuzzy
Ram
Sam
ww
Scape
TKO
Monkey
Duff (if needed)
...and maybe Foot

I have to say it's nice to have less ridiculousness on the boards. On the other hand there was always a kind of strange delight in seeing just how poorly he would fare in things like the QB rankings contest. I think three people want no part of him, about the same number feel kinda bad leaving him out, and the rest are both (or neither).

I felt like you take the bad with the good. Also it's always nice to know you're not going to finish last in any league or contest.

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam, I say we aim for the second Sunday in May, which should be sufficiently suicidal.

Try another weekend Wil. That would Mother's Day. And I'm pretty sure my wife ain't gonna go for that since I will previously be doing something family oriented all weekend and ESPECIALLY on that particular Sunday.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try another weekend Wil. That would Mother's Day. And I'm pretty sure my wife ain't gonna go for that since I will previously be doing something family oriented all weekend and ESPECIALLY on that particular Sunday.
Good call out. Duff, the saver of marriages for all MBBRL members! So, who do you think will get picked first? Who ya gonna pick, Duff, huh,huh,huh?
Sam of You Weren't a there Last Year and We Were All Asked that Question 100 Times so now I'ts Your Turn and TREFF is Next!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next for what? my Sundays in may are open, but no idea what we're doing...lol...never played a suicide league before

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next for what? my Sundays in may are open, but no idea what we're doing...lol...never played a suicide league before
So in the days leading up to the draft there was one "member" of this league who kept asking "Who you gonna take?". Then, once we got the actuall draft order the questions multiplied by 100!
Sam

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like you take the bad with the good. Also it's always nice to know you're not going to finish last in any league or contest.

Well put Scape - much like watching most horror flics. You know as soon as two young people go into the woods for 'fun' they won't get out alive - but you just have to watch and see how it goes down. ..... results are the same but it's still morbid fun and entertainment.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting - we play IDP in two other leagues I'm in and I really prefer it to DST.

Let me clarify: It's not that I dislike IDP. But last season the bye weeks started to catch up to me, and rather than drop borderline offensive players (who still had some upside), I started dropping decent IDP so as to pick up "available" IDP for the bye week insert. Probably did this maneuver for about 3 weeks, and was even able to get one of my IDP back. That generally wouldn't happen with the offense.

I'm not a typical Canadian, as Hockey is a distant 3rd behind Baseball and Football.

As soon as you put baseball in front of hockey, you lost me. I guess that means I'm not your typical American - can't stand the American pastime - baseball. Although I may be interested enough to watch the rare one-game playoff.

My wife and I have visited Canada a few times and we were thinking of moving there. I wanted to move to Ottawa. But long story short, other life-changing things came up. It's still a dream, you might say.

So, TKO, did you follow the CFL? If so, what is your opinion of Trestman? Do you think he'll help the Bears' offense? (I mean, it can't get worse, can it?)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in the days leading up to the draft there was one "member" of this league who kept asking "Who you gonna take?". Then, once we got the actuall draft order the questions multiplied by 100!
Sam

ohh, well in that case, no matter where I draft, I'm taking Spiller #1, Cj2k #2, and THill #3

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh, well in that case, no matter where I draft, I'm taking Spiller #1, Cj2k #2, and THill #3

Either that or Anquan Boldin cause he's with the 49ers now and has Foot's #1 ranked QB throwing to him.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff and Doug, I'm laughing. We know Footnick all too well. He didn't have overall rankings (yet). But I copied this from MWHS:

Foot’s 2013 QB fantasy football rankings
1 Colin Kaepernick; 2 Tony Romo; 3 Aaron Rodgers; 4 Cam Newton; 5 Drew Brees; 6 Peyton Manning; 7 Joe Flacco; 8 Matt Ryan; 9 Tom Brady; 10 Russell Wilson; 11 Matthew Stafford; 12 Robert Griffin III; 213 Andy Dalton; 14 Michael Vick; 15 Josh Freeman; 16 Ben Roethlisberger; 17 Ryan Tannehill; 18 Sam Bradford; 19 Jay Cutler; 20 Eli Manning; 21 Matt Schaub; 22 Andrew Luck; 23 Jake Locker; 24 Carson Palmer; 25 Philip Rivers; 26 Ryan Fitzpatrick; 27 Christian Ponder; 28 Nick Foles; 29 Brandon Weeden; 30 Mark Sanchez; 31 Kevin Kolb; 32 Chad Henne

Actually shocked that Thill is as low as he is?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, May 19th then. Either that, or you could say, "Hey, honey, I want you to know that all you've done for the kids, and for me, has made our lives richer and happier. And to let you know just how special you are, I'll let you pick my kicker."

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Flacco fell from grace.

Treff, btw, the suicide league means there are no waiver claims or trades. The 14 guys you draft are all you have for the entire season, no matter what. Rackers and Cundiff left a couple of guys with no kicker at all last year.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
Okay, May 19th then. Either that, or you could say, "Hey, honey, I want you to know that all you've done for the kids, and for me, has made our lives richer and happier. And to let you know just how special you are, I'll let you pick my kicker."

Yeah, that should work. I've been dreaming about being single again; guess I could live out my dream, huh.................
Sam:hellno:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah see, that was all his plan..................he just wanted to know where all of his guys would be drafted so he could try and get the real good picks then wait.
Sam

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May 19th. What time? Keep in mind I work the next day. 5-6 would be great for me.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Flacco fell from grace.

Treff, btw, the suicide league means there are no waiver claims or trades. The 14 guys you draft are all you have for the entire season, no matter what. Rackers and Cundiff left a couple of guys with no kicker at all last year.

so basically a standard league, with absolutely no roster moves, right? okay, I'm on board, but I'll change my first pick from Spiller to Jeff Demps..pretty sure he won't get injured

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so basically a standard league, with absolutely no roster moves, right? okay, I'm on board, but I'll change my first pick from Spiller to Jeff Demps..pretty sure he won't get injured

He could get a splinter from holding the clipboard to tight

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late start for everyone today? Hello? Bueller?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the draft put everyone to sleep.