• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Joe... I mean, I used to watch CFL, when I was a kid, Danny Barrett and Alan Pitts led Calgary to a championship or two, but the whole game just doesn't do it for me, let alone the talent. Trestman sure walked through the league though, as to how that translates to the NFL, I'm not sure...but he was involved in the NFL before I believe.

If you move to Canada, and have a choice, I would come to the East Coast first! Unless you're a big city guy, then stick with Ontario, or out west...but Cape Breton is the best little place in the country!

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woow thrilled with the Rams front office!! Les Snead and Jeff Fisher keep making great move after great move. I heard about the rumor of trading with the bills early Thursday but just didn't believe they would have the balls to trade up.. But they sure did!!!!

People are hating on Austin's size, if this guy can stay healthy which he has his whole career then watch out for the RAMS!! No one is happier than Sam Bradford right now.

Loved the way they traded down from 22 to 30 to pile up picks and still got a great value in a position they needed to upgrade. Alec Ogletree is a defensive play maker but does have some maturity concerns.

Cant wait for 2nd and 3rd round tonight

Other draft day Winners:
Carolina ( Star is going to be a star, lol steal at 14 overall)
Minnesota ( filled a couple holes but Pats bent them over backwards in there trade end of first )

Draft Day Losers:
Bills!!!!( what r they thinking, GM Nix is worst in the league)
Jets ( understand Milliner pick but Richardson came outta left field, they needed help on offense. Also i feel Rams really shook up there draft plans with trade up to 8 spot)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have preferred Jarvis Jones for my Bills @ 16...but I'm not upset with Manuel, probably the best upside of the four QB's worth mentioning. Guarantees Kolb for 2013 though! -- oh boy.

Suicide league was great... Gates still screwed me (had him in 4 out of 5 drafts), but other than not having a back up QB, I drafted pretty well. Since impatience is my biggest weakness, it's probably my kind of league! -- I think I'll put more thought into it this year, and not be afraid to draft the same player in the B League (didn't draft AP in the MBBRL, because I did draft him in the Suicide)!!!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the Bills taking him there, was that there didn't seem to be any danger of a QB going until the "potential" for a trade up in the late 20's. I can see them being scared Jax would take him with their first pick of the 2nd...and maybe the Jets too, but with the picks they gained for dropping to 16, they could have used to swap in front of Jax....and still had Jarvis Jones!! Or at the very least, trade back again, because again, I don't think EJ Manuel was in danger of being drafted by picks 17-32.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alec Ogletree is a defensive play maker but does have some maturity concerns.

Other draft day Winners:
Minnesota ( filled a couple holes but Pats bent them over backwards in there trade end of first )

Draft Day Losers:
Jets ( understand Milliner pick but Richardson came outta left field, they needed help on offense. Also i feel Rams really shook up there draft plans with trade up to 8 spot)

Nice Ram - If any coach can deal with questionable attitude its Jeff Fisher, he's had plenty of practice and success. I'd look for the offensive skill positions to come flying off the boards in the next few rds.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woow thrilled with the Rams front office!! Les Snead and Jeff Fisher keep making great move after great move. I heard about the rumor of trading with the bills early Thursday but just didn't believe they would have the balls to trade up.. But they sure did!!!!

People are hating on Austin's size, if this guy can stay healthy which he has his whole career then watch out for the RAMS!! No one is happier than Sam Bradford right now.

Loved the way they traded down from 22 to 30 to pile up picks and still got a great value in a position they needed to upgrade. Alec Ogletree is a defensive play maker but does have some maturity concerns.

Other draft day Winners:

Draft Day Losers:

I hope you're right. I really don't like this pick.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty... how can you like both the Ravens and the Colts? Isn't there a law against that?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty... how can you like both the Ravens and the Colts? Isn't there a law against that?

Well that probably does look a little weird but my like of the Colts goes back to the days of Johnny U, Ray Berry, Jimmy Orr, Tom Matte, Lenny Moore, John Mackey, Mike Curtis, Geno Marchetti, etc. My all-time favorite team. All before the sneaking out in the night thing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been a long time since I have been this excited about my Redskins! Hopefully we can get a playmaker in the secondary with one of these day 2 picks. If RG3 can ever be healhty again, lookout.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trestman sure walked through the league though, as to how that translates to the NFL, I'm not sure...but he was involved in the NFL before I believe.

I'm pretty impressed with Trestman's Wikipedia page. Here's some of his NFL experience from Wiki:

• In 1998 he was with the Arizona Cardinals as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator. That year quarterback Jake Plummer threw for 3,737 yards, and the Cardinals made the playoffs for the first time since 1982 and won their first post season game in 51 years.

• He next went to the Oakland Raiders in 2001 as the quarterbacks coach. In 2002 he was promoted to offensive coordinator and the Raiders led the NFL in total offense with 389.8 yards per game and passing yards with 279.7 per game. Under Trestman's guidance, Raiders QB Rich Gannon won the 2002 NFL MVP award as the Raiders reached Super Bowl XXXVII, losing to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
I hope this translates well for the Bears. But I've been disappointed for so long, you just never know.

If you move to Canada, and have a choice, I would come to the East Coast first! Unless you're a big city guy, then stick with Ontario, or out west...but Cape Breton is the best little place in the country!

Thanks for the tip. We've visited Manitoba, Ottawa, Sault Saint Marie, Toronto, Montreal, and Niagara. We loved the Niagara area. But I have some friends in Ottawa which is why I was leaning towards Ottawa. Like I said, though, it's just a dream at this point.

Okay, May 19th then.

So the Suicide League draft is in May. Since it's so early can we bump up the bench/roster by one? Just asking. Some may want to draft a backup kicker.

I think the draft put everyone to sleep.

As for the First round of the draft, I'm glad that some of you are happy. (Some of you sound like Foot reincarnated.) The only redeeming quality of the Bears' selection of Kyle Long is that (a) he does have football in his lineage, and (b) he did interview well this afternoon on the radio. Otherwise, what were the Bears thinking? (That was rhetorical BTW.)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incidentally, I'm sorry for continually referencing Foot. I know that some of you had a love-hate relationship with him. I do sort of miss his narcissistic, crazy, out-of-the-box, homeristic ramblings. If for no other reason, that he sometimes made me feel like I knew what I was doing.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too sure Ball and Lacey could've hoped for a better landing site..well, at least for us fantasy geeks. Hope they can actually win the lead role

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Ivory in NY might be an interesting move as well. Day 2 dwarfs day 1 from a fantasy perspective

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TREFF, to piggy back off of your Ball and Lacey comment. Pack nation was 60% Lacey and 40% Ball. (I heard several people around me say, "Pack will get a RB in 1st RD." I let me know Packers don't pick up RB or WR or TE in 1st Round at all!

So, back to the Pack - I have never in my life seen a Badgers RB do anything in the next level and Monte is a product of playing in the Big Ten and our O-Line. Sure he has some talent but I believe Denver would squeeze it out of him more so then the Pack would. No HOF for this kid.

About Lacey - This kid has talent, speed, power and played in the SEC with other such talent. The Packers run game isn't complicated so to have a RB with the skill sets I just named. He can play out of the shotgun via draws aka Rodgers, 1 back sets - no issues. Moves his feet well, eye vision is excellent.....

I'd keep going but my point is this the Packer nation 40% would have drafted with their heart but TT (Ted Thompson) drafts with the gifted touch.

Here is a prayer for health and good play for both players as the NFL is a whole new level.

-DUB-

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't forget LeVeon Bell to the Steelers. Seems like a great fit to me.

I've been waiting to see where Ivory lands since Week 4 last year! Of course it's the Jets.

Bills gonna double up today? A la Redskins last year, and take Nassib?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice thing about Lacy from a fantasy perspective is that he might get the ball at the goal line instead of Kuhn.

I wonder how Bernard will fit in with Green-Ellis in Cincy. Law Firm will almost surely get the goal line touches, but I suspect the Bengals may not care much about having a "lead back."

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Ivory is in a great situation with the Jets - normally all eyes would be on him which in NY could be brutal, but with the QB circus he'll be left to work in peace.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big believer in L. Bell, although he probably is a fit in PIT.
There were only 2 RB's that were on my "2013 fantasy relevance radar" Ball and Lacey, with one possible longshot which will depend on where he goes.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big believer in L. Bell, although he probably is a fit in PIT.
There were only 2 RB's that were on my "2013 fantasy relevance radar" Ball and Lacey, with one possible longshot which will depend on where he goes.
Is your longshot Lattimore? Mine is Franklin.
Sam