• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll do 24 QBs and 48 RBs. The picks at the top will count a lot more than the picks at the bottom.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stumbled across a fantasy site that ranks experts. Want to feel good about yourself? They ranked 87 "experts" and/or fantasy sites. The best of the best was Jody Smith from Gridiron Sports with 62.6% accuracy. The worst (87th) were the staff at "WhatIf" sports.

Here are some guys in between:
Chris Wesseling (Rotoworld) finished a respectable 11th (61.6%)
Brandon Funston (Yahoo) 18th (61.2%) Incidentally, Funston was the best of all of the Yahoo gang.
Michael Fabiano (NFL.com) 37th (60.6%) Fabiano was the best of all the NFL.com experts. By far in some instances which doesn't say much for the other NFL guys.
Matthew Berry aka Mr. Roto (ESPN) 43rd (60.0%) Some guys like him.
Eric Karabell (ESPN) 54th (59.5%) - I mention Karabell because his expertise you must PAY for as part of an ESPN Insider. He was the worst of the ESPN crew.

You forgot Foot at 85%..................lmao!
Sam
:hail:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty's early pojection of rookies that may impact fantasy. I don't think any will be studs but are in situations where they can produce.

I agree with you about Tavon Austin in St. Louis.

But I do feel that Lacy will do very well for Green Bay. The Packers have been looking for a RB for a while. I'm sure McCarthy & Co. will give Lacy every opportunity to be "the guy."

To be honest, I'm not overly thrilled with any other selection (to make a fantasy impact). I'm sure some may take a chance on E.J. Manuel or Geno Smith expecting them to put up Newton-Wilson-RG3 numbers. I'd be willing to see what happens in pre-season first.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I'll weigh in on the new prospects as well.

You couldn't pay me enough to put one of the Qb's on my watch list, let alone draft one. And Geno Smith is the only one I'd say is guaranteed significant playing time. Manuel is gonna need Kolb to get hurt, or fall to pieces, neither of which is good for fantasy owners or Bills fans, at least not for 2013, but could pay dividends next year.

As far as Rb's go, I really think the ONLY two guys that will have an real impact, barring a rash of injuries of course, will be Lacy and Ball, with Ball probably having the edge. I honestly think Franklin was drafted as nothing more than an insurance policy for Lacey and that toe issue he dealt with. Unless Lacey falls flat on his face during camp, or at some point in the season, Franklin will only see the field sparingly at best. I'm not a buyer on Levon Bell being a big star, but I do see a good handful of red zone TD's.

At WR, I'm going against the grain with everyone here thus far. My pick to be the best rookie WR, as far as this upcoming season goes, is Patterson in Minnesota, for two reasons, #1 he's every bit as good as Tavon after the catch, and has the size to be a legit #1, not a gimmicky guy that needs plays designed for him to get in space. Reason #2 is that when defenses look at Minnesota who is the guy that gets game planned to stop? Peterson, obviously. When they turn and look at StL, they'll see what? Pead? Richardson? Givens? I'm pretty sure Tavon will be on top of that list before long. And an undersized rookie WR isn't going to consistently find ways to beat NFL coverages that are designed to stop him, he just won't.
Granted, Tavon has the better QB, by far, but when you're the focal point of the defense, and there's not much else out there to help you out, it's gonna be tough. Whereas Patterson is going to have single coverage anytime other than third and long as the safeties have to keep an eye on AP.
Tavon is gonna have some big plays, and probably some pretty big weeks, but in the end I'd rather have Patterson for this next year.
TE's I really didn't see anyone after Eifert, and unless Cincy decides to go 75/25 pass/run, there won't be much left over after AJ Green, Sanu, Jones, and Greshem. So I'd stay away from any rookie TE's. One possibility for along term value though Gavin Escobar, the "new" heir apparent to Witten

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you about Tavon Austin in St. Louis.

But I do feel that Lacy will do very well for Green Bay. The Packers have been looking for a RB for a while. I'm sure McCarthy & Co. will give Lacy every opportunity to be "the guy."

To be honest, I'm not overly thrilled with any other selection (to make a fantasy impact). I'm sure some may take a chance on E.J. Manuel or Geno Smith expecting them to put up Newton-Wilson-RG3 numbers. I'd be willing to see what happens in pre-season first.

Saw some interesting info on Rotoworld about Lacy. Labelled an injury to his foot as why PIT stayed away from him. I guess time will tell. As for the QB's, I absolutely would have no part of any rookie this year - only ment that the few mentioned will likely start at some point this year.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot has changed in the QB world as far as rookies are concerned. Not only Flacco, Ryan and Bradford doing decently, but the unbelievable performance of Cam Newton in his rookie year - when there was a lockout and he couldn't even prepare with the team.

What happened in Carolina is the team did the opposite of what has historically been done with rookie QBs. Rather than wait for the QB to be able to execute the playbook, they simplified the playbook to what he could already do. So the offense adjusted to the QB, rather than vice versa.

So I think we write these guys off at our peril. You can still look at the situation. There are lots of problems for a QB on the Jets so I won't be thinking about Smith - but Manuel has some good receivers in a relatively low-pressure environment. I might take him in a league with a deep bench, just because I don't want some QB-starved owner to pick him up and knock me out of the playoffs with him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take that risk, but I totally see the validity in what you're saying, especially the "cock-blocking" aspect.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joseph Randle could get some playing time as the starting rb once Demarco Murray gets hurt.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll do 24 QBs and 48 RBs

48 rbs!! thats alot i was thinking 25 QBS.. 30 rbs and 30 wrs..

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been on for a couple days.. I read that suicide league will be drafted on May 19th? LMK when we can start signing in

What time does the draft start?
When do the invites go out?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's nail down the time. I suggest Sunday, May 19, at 7pm ET (that's 4pm PT, 5pm MT, 6pm CT).

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does sounds like a lot. Thought the same thing myself.

but, 12 team league, quite often four RB's a team
If they can't figure out who their #4 RB is gonna be then I'm afraid we can't really help them! Just kidding.
Sam

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops. Looks like ESPN won't allow a draft before June 18th. (The first Sunday after that is June 23rd.)

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does sounds like a lot. Thought the same thing myself.

but, 12 team league, quite often four RB's a team

Exactly. On the other hand it gets old plugging that many numbers in each week.

Another question is whether we should include projected points.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops. Looks like ESPN won't allow a draft before June 18th. (The first Sunday after that is June 23rd.)

that weekend is....my birthday, my Dad's birthday, my step dad's birthday, my nephews birthday, and we'll be doing fathers day as well...oh, and my 20 year reunion as well...I think I might be booked :minion:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we could manage June 18th - say 7pm ET.