• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - here's my Barbarian team:
QB - Brady (4th rd) - what can I say, a bit early for me but just couldn't let him slip by at that point. 6pt passing TDs with Blount gone.
RBs - Gordon (1st), K. Hunt (3rd), T. West (6th), Forte (9th), Bernard (11th). Very happy with the first three, scrapping for bye week fillers on the the last two - but they have some potential in their respective roles.
WRs: Dez (2nd), Sanders (5th), K. White (8th), Thielen (10th), Jo Matthews (14th). Top options fell off real quick after the 4rd (damn autopick) - Yet I'm pretty satisfied. Probably reached a bit for K. White but someone has to catch the ball there. I think Thielen was a steal in the 10th (probably my favorite pick in this draft), and Matthews in the 14th isn't bad either.
TE - Eifert (7th). IF he stays healthy a good pick, if not, a wasted one. Preferred guys taken at this point.
DST - Patriots. I've always had success with them, Hoodie like to bury teams with no 'prevent' in his playbook.
K - Crosby. Top 5 kicker, not much else to add.

All in all, I like this team. .... going to need a couple WRs to step up and, as always, guys to stay healthy. Other than that, no complaints. BTW - this draft went very much as expected with RBs going heavily in the first several rds. The wild card was autopick loading up WRs throughout. .....

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's mine:
upload_2017-8-29_9-16-49.png

The Gilly pick was an accident. Meant to take Abdullah then and luckily he was available 20ish picks later. Wish I could have gone TE or WR there, likely either Adams, ARob or Kelce.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team: by round

1. Julio Jones- not much needed to be said here, I was happy he fell to me even in a RB dominated league
2. Todd Gurley- I really think the rams offense has nowhere to go but to improve- if so, how can gurley not be a top 10 RB with his volume??
3. Joe Mixon- bit of a gamble, but the talent is real, could easily be a top 10 RB...
4. Terelle Pryor- I coin tossed between him and Davante Adams, already had shares of Adams, so wanted to diversify... Hope it doesn't backfire
5. Travis Kelce- Did not want to take a TE so soon, but I was not happy with what was on the board
6. Willie Sneed- I just love sneed this season... Brees spreads the ball a lot
7. Duke Johnson- PPR back in a non PPR league, just hoping he comes alive... could be a solid flex
8. CJ prosise- Same as Duke
9. Corey Coleman- who doesn't want more than one Brown?? He could easily be their #1. and I think Cleveland's offense is going to be pretty decent this season... It has one of the better O-lines, has to help doesn't it??
10. Cam Newton- top QB just 2 seasons ago, no reason he cant be a top 5 QB this season, especially with the run potential
11. Cardinals- Houston was taken, took next best IMO
12. Stephen Gostkowski- why wait on kicker when you plan on going with POTENTIAL at the end of the draft??
13. Deandre Washington- Oakland is a top 2 O-line, Lynch is old and missed a whole season... why not take him?
14. James white- should have been SB MVP, he is electric, but he is a pat... But if Gillislie and Burkhead don't show much James white COULD be a stud...

Overall, solid team... But I took some risks that might pay off, but if it doesn't then I am going to have a lot of wasted players on my roster, especially players that were meant to start...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do mine tonight........................but I will explain the Ross pick. Had Luck, Charles and Big Ben in Queue and somehow clicked on Ross instead of Charles (Luck was gone). Well, at least I was able to get Ben.............:L

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here's my team in the B league drafting from the 12th slot.

1) Michael Thomas- I was locked in on going with Thomas here unless one of the top RB's or WR's fell to me.
2) Jordy Nelson- My plan going in was to take WR/RB but after Gordon was selected at #8, I didn't see any RB's worth selecting over possibly another top 5 fantasy WR.
3) Mark Ingram- Had to take a running back here for obvious reasons. Wanted Hyde or Hunt but both were selected earlier in this round. If AP is washed up as @broncosmitty told me then this is a solid pick.
4) CJ Anderson- Needed another RB. Really no other reason behind it.
5) Greg Olsen- With Kelce and Reed both off the board earlier in the round, I knew there was no way Olsen would make it back to me if I didn't select him with my 5th or 6th selection. Olsen is probably the TE I trust most.
6) Jarvis Landry- Not the best TD option at the WR slot but since WR's was clearly going to be my strength this year, I decided to go with a damn good #1 WR as my weekly flex option. Much better flex option than the other RB's that was left on the board at this time.
7) Eddy Lacy- Needed to add some depth to the RB position here. Hoping Lacy he can provide that. He should be Seattle red zone option inside the 5 IMO.
8) Jonathan Stewart- Same reason that I drafted Lacy
9) Cam Newton- Was planning on waiting another round or two for a QB but once Cousins, Mariota, & Winston were selected a few picks prior to this then I decided I can't risk waiting for 2 rounds.
10) Donte Moncrief- If Luck is healthy then this is a really good pick IMO.
11) James White- Took a risk here just to add to my RB depth. Was originally planning on getting another QB here. Had my eye on Stafford & Rivers but I just missed on those guys. Didn't care to select any of the remaining QB's.
12) Seahawks- How can you go wrong with this pick?
13) Chris Carson- Low Risk/High reward. He has looked good in preseason so who knows what happens here.
14) Adam Vinatieri- Needed a Kicker lol

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Team: Ram Tough ( A) Pick 2

1. Lev Bell- DJ or Bell which ever fell I was taking

2. Marshawn Lynch- Was hoping for Crowell, but in a non-ppr I like Lynch this year should have 10+tds

3. Kareem Hunt- was my "sleeper" before Ware went down. Now that he is the potential workhorse I love Kareem this year could end up being the top rookie RB.

4. Keenan Allen- Keenan "fragile" Allen has tons of upside but can stay healthy? doubt it

5. Golden Tate- Playing the slot this year... No Bolden anymore maybe Tate can get an uptick in TDs

6. Martavius Bryant- could end with 8-10 tds..Steelers have got to be glad he's back

7. Russell Wilson- Healthy in 17' I think he has a career year and finishes in the Top 5 for Qbs with no run game Hawks need Wilson to have a big year

8. Zach Ertz- Love him in a PPR, bad news this is non-ppr. Should have a solid year with Wentz being a year older

9. Rex Burkhead- Swiss army knife.. I can see him becoming Woodhead 2.0... Bill loves him

10. Jack Doyle- if Luck is healthy I really like Doyle

11. Patriots- They turn Gilmore into the best corner In the league.. also play Bills/ Jets twice

12. Sterling Shepard- Giants are going to pass...Pass...pass and pass some more. Marshall and OBJ already alittle banged up

13. Matt Bryant- Falcons Offense was a top 2 K in 16'

14. Chris Thompson- had to take someone.. should have went backup QB

Overall I really like this team headed into the year.. Draft Grade- B/B+

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I think @tlance scored a major coupe in round 2, and why, had he been there, I'd have been ecstatic to take him.

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk believes there is a "very good chance" Ezekiel Elliott plays Week 1.

Elliott's appeal will be heard on Tuesday morning with a decision likely to come in the next week. If the decision does not go his way, Florio believes Elliott will take the case to court, seeking an injunction which allows him to play while the legal situation shakes out. Of course, doing so would make it possible he misses late-season and even potentially playoff games instead of the first six. Even with the appeal today, this saga is far from ove

If he succeeds in getting the injunction, he's playing in 16, his lawyers will file so many continuances and requests for informative inquires, that the hearing will never take place before the end of the season.

Btw, NOTHING to do with playoff teams :suds:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I think @tlance scored a major coupe in round 2, and why, had he been there, I'd have been ecstatic to take him.

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk believes there is a "very good chance" Ezekiel Elliott plays Week 1.

Elliott's appeal will be heard on Tuesday morning with a decision likely to come in the next week. If the decision does not go his way, Florio believes Elliott will take the case to court, seeking an injunction which allows him to play while the legal situation shakes out. Of course, doing so would make it possible he misses late-season and even potentially playoff games instead of the first six. Even with the appeal today, this saga is far from ove

If he succeeds in getting the injunction, he's playing in 16, his lawyers will file so many continuances and requests for informative inquires, that the hearing will never take place before the end of the season.

Btw, NOTHING to do with playoff teams :suds:
Hopefully the appeal process gets tied up for a few weeks and they reduce it to four games and it starts week 3...or 5 is all I really care about :dhd:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my feeling on it. I think if he does it that way, the court should decide to hear his case around November 25th, that way if they uphold it he misses the end of the season and the playoffs. Does he really think that he did nothing wrong here? Does he think that he shouldn't have been suspended at all or is he just trying to throw words like lawsuit out there so the NFL might reduce his suspension to 4 games just to not have to go through all the crap. Tom Brady did the exact same thing and after all of the lawsuits he still got his 4 game suspension upheld and he let air out of some footballs!! Does Elliott really think he has a better chance of getting a court to reduce his suspension after laying his hands on his girlfriend? Because if that's the case then he's got a lot bigger problems than a suspension.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the appeal process gets tied up for a few weeks and they reduce it to four games and it starts week 3...or 5 is all I really care about :dhd:
ESPN was talking about this on the radio.
Wont be reduced. League minimum in these kinds of cases is 6 games.
Best case scenario for Zeke is that there is no evidence which means zero games (no suspension).
But there's evidence.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if that's the case then he's got a lot bigger problems than a suspension.
I'm pretty sure he has bigger problems. But in this day and age, it won't be hard for him to find some bleeding heart, liberal, so called civil rights champion federal judge to agree to hear the case and grant the injunction. Doesn't mean he'll have any better luck than Brady did, but i guess when you have that mindset, that your above all that stuff and youre "the big man", you'll actually believe your own lies. And that is a bigger problem

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN was talking about this on the radio.
Wont be reduced. League minimum in these kinds of cases is 6 games.
Best case scenario for Zeke is that there is no evidence which means zero games (no suspension).
But there's evidence.

So that then brings us to this question...

as a fantasy owner, do you prefer him to miss 6 games NOW(return week 8)

4-6 games later on this season(non fantasy playoffs)

or 4-6 games later on this season(including at least one fantasy playoff game)

I think even with the potential of LESS games in the suspension, I would rather miss it all now...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that then brings us to this question...

as a fantasy owner, do you prefer him to miss 6 games NOW(return week 8)

4-6 games later on this season(non fantasy playoffs)

or 4-6 games later on this season(including at least one fantasy playoff game)

I think even with the potential of LESS games in the suspension, I would rather miss it all now...

You forgot option D, which is a very realistic possibility.

He misses 0 games this season because the court case does not get heard right away.

But, yeah. Much perfect him to miss 1-7 if he misses time this year. Looking like that isn't super likely.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my feeling on it. I think if he does it that way, the court should decide to hear his case around November 25th, that way if they uphold it he misses the end of the season and the playoffs. Does he really think that he did nothing wrong here? Does he think that he shouldn't have been suspended at all or is he just trying to throw words like lawsuit out there so the NFL might reduce his suspension to 4 games just to not have to go through all the crap. Tom Brady did the exact same thing and after all of the lawsuits he still got his 4 game suspension upheld and he let air out of some footballs!! Does Elliott really think he has a better chance of getting a court to reduce his suspension after laying his hands on his girlfriend? Because if that's the case then he's got a lot bigger problems than a suspension.

Did he lay his hands on his girlfriend though?

Reports from a friend of the girl say that she was already planning to extort him with a sex tape and that all her injuries were sustained in a bar fight a couple days prior when Zeke was nowhere near.

Zeke may be a terrible person, I don't know. But from everything I have heard it sounds like the girl is no saint either, and she may have an agenda to exact some type of revenge on him for breaking off the relationship.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, here is my squad:

1: Jay Ajayi: a bit risky, but that will be the theme of the draft. Love his upside as I think he has a monster year.
2: Zeke Elliott: I think there is about a 30-40% chance Zeke plays all 16 games this year. If he doesn't, that is why I have McFadden too.
3: Doug Baldwin: wanted to grab Cook here, but I was shocked Baldwin was still on the board. I decided to go safe for once.
4: DeAndre Hopkins: elite WR talent with shaky QB play. I am hoping last year was more about Osweiler than Hopkins. I think it was.
5: Jordan Reed: Huge injury risk, fantastic player.
6: Danny Woodhead: not a ton of upside, but I wanted a somewhat reliable flex type RB here.
7: McFadden: desperately wanted to take DeVante Parker here, but couldn't risk losing DMC.
8: Matt Forte: could be a steal, could be on the waiver wire in a couple weeks.
9: Andrew Luck: value was too good here in a 6 pt pass TD league
10: Ben Roethlisberger: needed a high quality backup, so I got one.
11: Randall Cobb: not huge on Cobb this year, but value was awesome.
12: Jeremy Maclin: see above
13: Buffalo DST: week one matchup at home vs the Jets. Yum.
14: Nick Novak: he is a kicker.

I think my starters are more talented than any other team in the league right now, but I also took a rather extraordinary amount of risk. The range of possibility for this team runs the entire gamut.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot option D, which is a very realistic possibility.

He misses 0 games this season because the court case does not get heard right away.

But, yeah. Much perfect him to miss 1-7 if he misses time this year. Looking like that isn't super likely.

I just don't think that is a possibility... it would be for someone who hadn't got into trouble during the investigation period... But when you get in trouble then, you lose ALL benefit of doubt... It is now going to be Can you prove he DIDNT do it, instead of can you prove he DID it...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think that is a possibility... it would be for someone who hadn't got into trouble during the investigation period... But when you get in trouble then, you lose ALL benefit of doubt... It is now going to be Can you prove he DIDNT do it, instead of can you prove he DID it...

Has nothing to do with that.

If he sues the NFL and the case is not heard until say February, Zeke will play the full season.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just sent you a pm

Stop asking how to beat me in our 1 game matchup. Just play anyone and you got a great chance. Is having a Q next to every RB's name a good thing :noidea: does it mean my running back is Quick?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he lay his hands on his girlfriend though?

Reports from a friend of the girl say that she was already planning to extort him with a sex tape and that all her injuries were sustained in a bar fight a couple days prior when Zeke was nowhere near.

Zeke may be a terrible person, I don't know. But from everything I have heard it sounds like the girl is no saint either, and she may have an agenda to exact some type of revenge on him for breaking off the relationship.

I watched all 28 hours of the fantasy football marathon on ESPN and this subject came up a lot. Adam Schefter seemed pretty convinced that there was a lot of damaging evidence against him. The league already had the information and the text messages from the girl saying that she would make him pay and get revenge before they rendered their ruling. Schefter seemed to think that there would be absolutely no new evidence produced by Zeke's lawyers, they were just going to try and argue a different side of the same facts and evidence that had already been presented, but the league already had all that evidence and still gave him six games, so he didn't see how they would possibly change their minds or even reduce the number of games he got.