• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face LeeUS

1. AB... You all knew it was a given. One of the major reasons I chose the 3rd pick overall.
2. L Miller... Not really excited about this pick. I passed on Marshawn Lynch which I think I may regret.
3. Hilton... Always land Hilton every year in at least a handful of leagues. Somehow his ADP always lines up with my draft position lol. I like having him.
4. Ingram... RB cliff was real. The pool in front of me wasn't favorable, but I have enough optimism in Ingram to think he'll make a good RB2/RB3/Streamer
5. Ryan... Wanted him or Brees & knew they wouldn't last until my next picks. Had to take the dive if I wanted 1 of the elite.
6. T Coleman... Needed stability & streaming options for my RB corps. Coleman was an easy decision.
7. Landry... Loved the upside with that offense. But now with Cutler I'm not so sure. Still worth the grab.
8. Decker... Been hearing nothing but great things about him. Excited to see what he'll do in TEN.
9. Bernard... Scraping for RB depth here. Didn't like it, but if he can return to form in the passing game then he'll get his.
10. Henry... Probably waited a round or 2 too long to grab a TE. But I liked Henry's potential last year. Should be able to improve on it this season. If not, there's plenty of options to stream or pickup.
11. Seahawks... Stuck with my usual strategy of a 10th or 11th Rd Defense. Wanted the Chefs but Treff snaked 'em just before me.
12. Manning... Best backup available.
13. Vinatieri... Didn't like the sleeper pool or the backup TEs here. Went against my norm of only ever picking kickers in the final Rd, but Vinatieri has been a quality producer. Felt like getting some insurance this year to see how it pays off.
14. M Jones... Starvin Marvin is a great sleeper in my book. He boomed onto the scene last year before going quiet for the rest of the year. Hoping he recaptures that magic.
Marvin had a few nice home games at the end of the season too. Just no TDs. He's a boom or bust guy week to week I think. Only real downfield option, unless Ebron counts.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cam goes back to 2015 Cam then I'm in the A league next year.....I think

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I finally have a few minutes to go over this. OBX's half draft from the 8 slot

1 Melvin Gordon....Did not want him here, but every thing I see has him rated top 5. i hope everyone else is right and i am wrong
2 Leonard Fournette...I figured I was getting him in the first round, so him still being there was a bonus for me
3 Aaron Rodgers...typical of me
4 Doug martin...first of my autodrafts. I was having issues IRL that kept interfering with my draft.
5 Jimmy Graham...wanted Kelce, but he went right before me and RL made me pick quick
6 Derrick Henry....Bye week pick up, and to cover Martin until he gets back
7 Tyler Eifert.....another autopick and one I am not happy about at all
8 Donte Moncrief.....My wife actually made this pick while I was driving down the highway. she was trying to help
9 Tyrell Williams....I actually don't know much about him, except he was the highest ranked WR on my list at that time
10 Corey Davis....Tennessee has to pass it to someone, hoping that he catches fire
11 Samaje Perine.....he was being ignored and I hope that picking him up in both dynasties isn't a mistake
12 Panthers D.....It was either them or Minnesota and I already have bye week nightmares in week 8 and 9
13 Janokowski.....I wanted Bryant but he went the pick before me, so I settled here.
14 Zay Jones.....Just hoping I can find two receivers that keep me in games.

Overall not that unhappy, but would like to redo rounds 4-9

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is the team that will get me into the A league.

1 - Devonta Freeman - With this group the 7th pick had to be a RB. I had targeted Freeman before the draft and got my guy.

2 - Ezekiel Elliott - Didn't go into the draft expecting to take him. But the way the RB board fell it seemed like the thing to do. Hopefully the suspension gets reduced or removed and it's a homerun. Even if it holds it's a huge boost going into the second half and the playoffs if I make it that far.

3 - Aaron Rodgers - Got mesmerized by the pretty toy. I know I shouldn't have done it but I did it lol.

4 - Davante Adams - Pairing up my #1 WR with my #1 QB. Hopefully it goes better than last year.

5 - Travis Kelce - Beast at TE had him all Q'd up and got my guy.

6 - Willie Snead - Undervalued in a pass happy attack should give me a real solid WR 2 or Flex option all season.

7 - Theo Riddick - Rotational Depth/Flex option who can put up some big games.

8 - Eric Decker - Should put up some good numbers playing with Mariota. Might be my #2 WR before long

9 - LeGarrette Blount - Hopefully at the very least a TD vulture at the goal line. I honestly don't know how this one will turn out. The pre season hasn't been impressive.

10 - Samaje Perine - Surprised he was available at this point. No way Fat Rob holds onto the RB job all season. Could be pure gold.

11 - Matthew Stafford. Solid reliable option for my backup QB. Who could handle the starting spot if needed.

12 - Vikings

13 - Stephen Gostkowski - Elite defense and elite kicker. Only problem is same bye weeks.

14 - Dion Lewis - lottery ticket after I missed out on Jordan Matthews. Who knows with the Pats anything could happen from RB1 to WW worthy.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the Bandit's draft from the 11 spot:

1st round (11th pick) - Jordan Howard - Wanted Devonta Freeman but he went the pick before me. I had already decided that I was going RB/RB to get two of the top 10 guys since after that touches get murky. Really happy with Howard.

2nd round (14th pick) - Demarco Murray - Since SP went WR/WR at 12 and 13 Demarco Murray was the next guy up on my list and I'm thrilled to death to have him and Jordan Howard. Going by my list, I should have drafted Jordy Nelson who somehow fell all the way to 20 in the A league draft.

3rd round (35th pick) - Brandin Cooks - Was going to draft Rodgers or Brady here and they were both already gone. My how things have changed in the A league draft. Top ranked wide receiver on my board was Cooks and I was thrilled that he fell that far. It's the farthest I've seen him fall in any draft I've done and that was before Edelman got hurt. Love the upside here.

4th round (38th pick) - Demaryius Thomas - I was seriously thinking about going Kelce here, but Demaryius Thomas was still in the same tier of wide receivers that I had so I went with him as it doesn't matter who his quarterback is, he still produces.

5th round (59th pick) - Bilal Powell - So since I missed out on Brady and Rodgers I just figured that I'd go with Brees or Matt Ryan in the 5th. WRONG, they were both already gone too, so plan B was best running back available and that was Bilal Powell. I really was going to draft Robert Kelley here because I thought that was much earlier than he's gone in any other draft but I should have known that he wouldn't get past freaking pick #44 in this running back crazy group.

6th round (62nd pick) - Michael Crabtree - Anybody that has drafted with me the last several years should know that this was a shock because I didn't take Greg Olsen and I would have except that Crabtree was 20 spots ahead of everybody else I had left on my list so I couldn't turn down that value. I almost took him at pick 38 in the 4th round instead of Demaryius Thomas.

7th round (83rd pick) - Brandon Marshall - Since I had 2 top 10 running backs and a top 25 3rd running back, I opted to go wide receiver here and I love the value of Brandon Marshall especially as my 4th wide receiver. This will be the most depth at wide receiver I have ever had in this league.

8th round (86th pick) - Kyle Rudolph - Didn't have him targeted and it was a toss up between him and Delanie Walker, but I really didn't want to have more tight ends go before I got one, because they start getting a little sketchier down the list.

9th round (107th pick) - Jacquizz Rodgers - Quite frankly I was shocked that he was still on the board. Starter for at least 3 games and with Martin's injury history could be all season.

10th round (110th pick) - Broncos D/ST - When you are at the ends of the draft a lot of times you either have to take a position first or be at the mercy of a run of them and live with the consequences. I already had 4 running backs and 4 wide receivers and a tight end. Who the hell needs a quarterback? I can assure you it's the first time in my life I've drafted a defense before my quarterback. LOL. And it turns out I'm glad I did, because 6 more defenses were drafted before my next pick.

11th round (131st pick) - Derek Carr - Honestly I had him as my 8th ranked quarterback so drafting him as the 13th quarterback taken in the 11th round, I'll take it.

12th round (134th pick) - Justin Tucker - Once again either set the trend or kick yourself if there's a run. I know that they say there's only a few points difference between the 1st and 12th kicker, but in this league a few points can make all the difference especially when you start talking about the coveted breakdown record and I knew one of my last two picks would be my 2nd quarterback and the last one would be best available, so there were still 6 quarterbacks that I liked as a backup (and I ended up with the 6th). It turned out there were 8 more kicker taken before my next pick, so I'm really happy with my decision.

13th round (155th pick) - Tyrod Taylor - Really wanted either Andy Dalton or Eli Manning because there schedules were golden in the weeks that Carr plays Denver and his bye week, but the same two assholes that drafted Drew Brees (Fuzzy) and Matt Ryan (Face) also felt the need to screw me again and draft a backup for both of them and sniped both of the other guys I wanted as well.

14th round (158th pick) - Jordan Matthews - I really wanted to take a running back with some upside so I changed the list to just running backs and there were none. I mean none. So instead I went with a team's #1 wide receiver in the 14th round, so I'm happy with that.

Overall I love my running backs and wide receivers and I'm not happy with my tight end or quarterbacks as a whole. They will be serviceable, but I honestly hope that my #1 defense and #1 kicker win me some games, but only time will tell.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin had a few nice home games at the end of the season too. Just no TDs. He's a boom or bust guy week to week I think. Only real downfield option, unless Ebron counts.
Would love for him to do more of the same. Golden Tate really came alive though so I'm not sure how well he'll do. Ebron has been a tease for years! I've drafted him so many times only to have him end up on the wire after a few weeks.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13th round (155th pick) - Tyrod Taylor - Really wanted either Andy Dalton or Eli Manning because there schedules were golden in the weeks that Carr plays Denver and his bye week, but the same two assholes that drafted Drew Brees (Fuzzy) and Matt Ryan (Face) also felt the need to screw me again and draft a backup for both of them and sniped both of the other guys I wanted as well.

lololol.... Literally burst out in laughter after reading this portion. Aren't you glad you took all that time to get my sorry ass into the draft just to steal your QBs?

On a serious note... Love your draft. You killed it! I wish I had pulled the trigger sooner on a TE like you did. Now I'm lookin like I could be streaming the position all season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is the team that will get me into the A league.

1 - Devonta Freeman - With this group the 7th pick had to be a RB. I had targeted Freeman before the draft and got my guy.

2 - Ezekiel Elliott - Didn't go into the draft expecting to take him. But the way the RB board fell it seemed like the thing to do. Hopefully the suspension gets reduced or removed and it's a homerun. Even if it holds it's a huge boost going into the second half and the playoffs if I make it that far.

3 - Aaron Rodgers - Got mesmerized by the pretty toy. I know I shouldn't have done it but I did it lol.

4 - Davante Adams - Pairing up my #1 WR with my #1 QB. Hopefully it goes better than last year.

5 - Travis Kelce - Beast at TE had him all Q'd up and got my guy.

6 - Willie Snead - Undervalued in a pass happy attack should give me a real solid WR 2 or Flex option all season.

7 - Theo Riddick - Rotational Depth/Flex option who can put up some big games.

8 - Eric Decker - Should put up some good numbers playing with Mariota. Might be my #2 WR before long

9 - LeGarrette Blount - Hopefully at the very least a TD vulture at the goal line. I honestly don't know how this one will turn out. The pre season hasn't been impressive.

10 - Samaje Perine - Surprised he was available at this point. No way Fat Rob holds onto the RB job all season. Could be pure gold.

11 - Matthew Stafford. Solid reliable option for my backup QB. Who could handle the starting spot if needed.

12 - Vikings

13 - Stephen Gostkowski - Elite defense and elite kicker. Only problem is same bye weeks.

14 - Dion Lewis - lottery ticket after I missed out on Jordan Matthews. Who knows with the Pats anything could happen from RB1 to WW worthy.
Not that you'd ever sit Rodgers, but there's something about drafting 2 QBs from the same division that I really hate... Causes some serious waffling/tinker-stinkering issues

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lololol.... Literally burst out in laughter after reading this portion. Aren't you glad you took all that time to get my sorry ass into the draft just to steal your QBs?

On a serious note... Love your draft. You killed it! I wish I had pulled the trigger sooner on a TE like you did. Now I'm lookin like I could be streaming the position all season.

Good TEs for sale over here.

upload_2017-8-29_1-54-23.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good TEs for sale over here.

View attachment 165275
:plotting:

I did read somethin about you hating your Eifert pick...

0JYpb_s-200x150.gif

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks Face I appreciate that. I just didn't want to wait down into the Hunter Henry, Jack Doyle, Martellus Bennett zone for a tight end and I know he didn't do it on purpose, but OBX taking both Eifert and Graham really thinned out the tight ends quickly. And the quarterback thing was funny, because I didn't even realize it was you and Fuzzy that had sniped me both times until after the draft.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love for him to do more of the same. Golden Tate really came alive though so I'm not sure how well he'll do. Ebron has been a tease for years! I've drafted him so many times only to have him end up on the wire after a few weeks.
Abdullah, Tate and Riddick get the looks within 5 yards of the line.

Golladay has looked good against second units. It's only him, Ebron and Marv downfield.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulled a Brees here and had a lot of my picks narrowed down to a few targets. Did a lot of simulations on Fantasy Pros over the last few months and liked the results a lot better when i went RB 1,2,3 vs mixing in a WR

1 David Johnson - At one point i was thinking about going all in on the Dalvin Cook hype train, but i figured i better play it smart after last seasons disaster
2 Isaiah Crowell - Like a lot of guys i'm pretty high on him beefy oline in a new system that favors the run.
3 Marshawn Lynch - Was really eyeing Kareem Hunt with this pick, but again figured this was safer
4 Michael Crabtree - Happy with him as my WR1
5 Martavis Bryant - Figured i should grab another guy with TD upside
6 Frank Gore - Old reliable
7 Jamison Crowder - His hype seems to have slowed, but i still really like him this year
8 Zach Ertz - He was the only TE left on the board that i trust, if i didn't take him i probably would have just waited until the end and grabbed Hooper or Witten
9 Kirk Cousins - Considered Cam and Jameis here, but i really like this guy
10 Jamaal Charles - CJ Anderson is a JAG that has lost his job to Hillman and Booker in the past, if Charles is healthy he is going to be the guy(Note every time i draft Charles he gets injured)
11 John Brown - Hopefully he is healthy, but his +- on ESPN is at -22 kinda scares me maybe i missed something on him
12 Eli Manning - Don't trust the Redskins FO and owner to leave well enough alone figured i better grab a backup QB
13 & 14 DST and Kicker will probably stream

Feel much better about this years draft than last years. What was i thinking going WR in the first 3 rounds then taking a QB early :puke:NEVER AGAIN

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had to, or major reaches at RB, the wr value the first 3 round was too good

Same here dude. Im like why not take my chances and go with 2 guys who may finish as top 5 wr instead of selecting a rb who im not the biggest fan of. Still ended up with ingram and cj as my rbs so not bad

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here dude. Im like why not take my chances and go with 2 guys who may finish as top 5 wr instead of selecting a rb who im not the biggest fan of. Still ended up with ingram and cj as my rbs so not bad
i know, i fn hate not having. a stable of rb though

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you hear these rumors? Can they be true?
It was on Rotoworld.
It was just speculation by a reporter from the Philly Voice. And then CSN Philly also inferred a similar thought.
Probably nothing happens with it.
But given the "possibility" along with the fact that the RB position was picked dry, what do I have to lose with a 10th round pick?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KOTF - 17 of the first 26 picks were RB. 65%
20 RB taken in the first 3 rounds (36 picks). 55%