• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Assuming we're moving to ESPN?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno if we're moving, I know atleast a couple of us have already said they'll never click on CBS again..so I guess we probably should, but as to where, I have no preference. I've enjoyed leagues in both yahoo and espn, among others. But the only rationale that I previously held onto for staying at CBS, we were the CBS message board guys after all, is now gone, so fuck 'em.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct

WilWhite you are 100% correct IF I would of know I was in violation from the Commish I wouldn't of violated him nor the league.

I respect the fantasy game and your thought Lefty on the matter. I hope you can move forward from that happening as I now know it weighed heavily on you. I did not see your post last year as it was lost in the shuffle since you all write a lot of posts, lol. I like to have fun, joke around, and give out an occasional high five to other fans of the game!

-DUB-
:suds:

Lefty and DUB - I'll take the heat for this one. Foot did ask if it was okay, and I gave the go ahead without thinking much about it. It was only afterwards that I realized it wasn't an even trade and DUB got a minor advantage in draft position in the fifth round or something. (Which should be a no-no in a total redraft league.) I'm sure if I'd said no DUB would have respected that.

Both DUB and Foot ended up relegated to the B league at the end of the season anyway.

For the record, I'm still okay with swapping draft picks, as long as you have evenly paired rounds (i.e. if you trade the third round, you also have to trade the fourth). But I think only Foot would pay six dollars for a five-dollar bill anyway.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the only rationale that I previously held onto for staying at CBS, we were the CBS message board guys after all, is now gone, so fuck 'em.

Yep.

Okay, guys - I'm setting up the leagues (A, B and Suicide) on ESPN. We can preserve league history there, which will be cool.

Questions:
TD pass - 4 or 6 (I vote 6 for consistency with previous years, but I can be swayed)
DST points - allow negative points for terrible performances?
Flex?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Will, we should keep the scoring as close to the same as possible IMO but I do like the idea of a flex..................
Sam

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only issue with ESPN is I hate how there fantasy playoffs are set-up. Week 15 is semi's then week 16 and 17 are championship rounds. I don't like when a championship game is played week 17... There must be a way to change the setting tho? I feel week 16 should be the final week of the year and that championship game is for all the marbles. How does everyone else feel?

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all in for flex... I hate the standard 3 Wrs. Also I would vote not to change the scoring system. I enjoy 6 pts a TD pass.rush.rec.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, for the questions brought up thus far, here are my thoughts:
QB TD's-never understood the reasoning for the lower points..a pass TD counts the same s a redirecting TD on the scoreboard does it not? 6pts please
negative defensive score- A resounding yes!! no reason a team that allowed 40+ pts and the team gets their asses handed to them and still score positive because they had a couple sacks.
Flex player-this one I'm indifferent on, although, if half or more want it, I'm all for it.
As for RamTough's concerns about wk 17...I wholeheartedly disagree. Week 17 counts in the standings for NFL teams, the stats count in the record books, I've never seen a valid reason as to why fantasy leagues don't recognize week 17, every league I've ever commished had the championship in wk 17. Hell, the Giants win a super bowl because of week 17, and I'm sure there's more examples

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also for 6 point TD's all around.

Flex? I like 3 WR, it makes us go deep, but I could be swayed.

Defense? Definitely negative points for negative performances.

Championship Week? I think what Ram was talking about, Treff, is that there are way too many "rested" players in the final week of the season... however, with the new change having divisional games at the end of the season, that might start changing too. Still, whoever drafts any Broncos would have to have very good back up plans...something you don't really wish for during championship week, you want your studs out there to win it or lose it. I'm for Week 16 if it's possible in ESPN.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to keep it as close to the same as possible.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as week 17 SB's go, my money league has been doing that for 25 years.............looking at the QB's scoring from last year looks like the top QB's all scored well with the exception of Flacco and Dalton who faced each other in the last week (looking at the stats Flacco did sit out quite a bit). Anyway, playing in this format over the years it may surprise you at just how many "studs" do play in those last games and play well..........will look at other positions and post what I find FWIW.
Sam of New Avi

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll avoid the standard ESPN set-up, which is two sets of two-week playoffs starting Week 14. We can set the schedule the way we like.

I like the extra week of engagement of a Week 17 Super Bowl, but players on locked-in playoff teams do get rested Week 17, even if they start. Especially QBs. Another thing to consider is that sticking to a 14-week schedule means we can compare across years better.

I'll let the conversation continue to play out a little more on that one.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the only RB's that missed time in week 17 were Ray Rice, TRich and maybe Turner. Think they sat TRich as they had nothing to gain anyway and he was dinged up...........checking WR's now..................
Sam

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like there were a few that took the second half off...............not gonna go in and look at targets as I'm not that bored and it ain't that serious............lol. Bottom line is if it comes to a vote I vote week 17 SB..............
Sam

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer keeping the passing at 6pts.

I like the idea of having a flex, but do we add another starting roster spot or change an RB or WR spot into a flex? Just something to throw out there.

I don't mind the Week 17 Championship game. My oldest league plays this way. I might suggest maybe adding at least one more bench spot to accomodate those players who may be "taking a week off". Benches help win in the NFL. Besides, it throws a little bit of a monkey wrench into the machine when you draft......do you take the stud on a team that wins the division easily, or take the guy a notch or two down the rankings who should still be playing out the season?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just refuse to buy the whole resting players in week 17 as a big enough reason to disregard the entire schedule that week, that's all. The few players that this would apply to each and every year just isn't significant enough in my eyes.

However, if the objection was against using wk 16 and 17, collectively, for the championship game, than yes, I agree with that. Any format that keeps fantasy games, playoff or not, as single week affairs is what I vote for. If possible, the single week format where wk 17 is the final week.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The free leagues I've played were drastically different than our others.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys - my nickle. I'm good with 6pt passing TDs but have no objection to the 4pt format. Treff - no WR or RB will score 40TDs thus the reason some league downgrade passing TDs (it helps even out the realitive value of positions).
As for the negative DST pts - I vote NO !!!! Actually I hate the DST scoring since a team up by 20-30pts will basically give up yardage & pts. I would hate to lose a game simply because the offense of my DST put up 45 pts early and basically played prevent. I would suggest going with an IDP format (doable in ESPN free), but no more than 2. We could go with a LB and DB/S.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, we can structure ESPN for a 16 week schedule. I don't like the 17 weeks since you never know who is going to play or for how long.