• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty - Demaryius for sure. Ryan is solid but there's a lot of depth at QB, and in a 4-pt passing TD league he's not worth a third-round pick. Whether to keep Forte in the second depends on who's being dropped and how many people will retain picks early. If as a group they can keep top-flight RBs and still have a bunch of early picks, you have to keep him. LeShoure is interesting at 12, but he could end up anywhere from a top-20 back (if they use him at the goal line and end up using Reggie less than they're saying) to waiver wire fodder.

Thanks for the input Wil. Agree, it looks like Forte and Thomas. Most people keep their top RB and a WR that's why Forte was a second rd pick for me last year. Wish I could keep shady but he was my keeper last yr and we have a 1-yr retainer limit. I pretty much had Leshoure locked in until the Bush trade - now his useage scares me.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm signed in and Lefty what is your deal against me? It'd be nice to know since I don't know you at all so it seems pretty odd......

Checked in and luggage made it too!

-DUB-

Ok Dub, since you now seem to have interest. Note that I posted an offer months ago to tell anyone who wondered why I suddenly left the CBS board - obviously you missed that - or just didn't care at the time. Anyway, it goes back to last year's draft when you wanted to trade draft picks with myself and Sam, and perhaps others. We both told you that per Wil's post on the matter, draft pick trades were not allowed. Yet you continued on until you found a willing partner in Foot - who would have give his left nut for Chris Johnson. I guess I shouldn't have been so put out on the matter since Foot did post something about your intentions about 2 hrs before the actual draft. A few saw it, I did not. (At the very least, if exceptions were to be made, it should have been put to vote by all in the league with ample time to discuss it). I know Sam voiced his objection but was basically brow-beaten by a couple of other people. It all left a very bad taste in my mouth since I did not consider your actions to be 'outgoing champion' like or considerate of the MBBRL membership. There you have it, call it petty or whatever you wish.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input Wil. Agree, it looks like Forte and Thomas. Most people keep their top RB and a WR that's why Forte was a second rd pick for me last year. Wish I could keep shady but he was my keeper last yr and we have a 1-yr retainer limit. I pretty much had Leshoure locked in until the Bush trade - now his useage scares me.
I agree before the Bush trade LeShoure was a no brainer IMO but who knows. At least with Forte you know what you will get and when healthy he eats up yardage............be nice if he could score just a bit more.
Sam

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam, not sure I'm sold on Reggie Bush in Detroit. Maybe Leshoure under-performed last season, but I still attribute that to part of his recovery.

According to my "TD Distribution per Position" thread (hint), Detroit ran the ball into the endzone almost as often as they passed it. Now maybe Bush is an effective pass-catcher, but the Lions only passed once to a RB for a TD (per the chart). So Leshoure still may have some low-end fantasy value. (As far as pounding it in on the ground.)

But I wouldn't trust me with keepers. I kept Greene one season.

Joe of Terrible Keeper Advice

Last edited by a moderator:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty and DUB - I'll take the heat for this one. Foot did ask if it was okay, and I gave the go ahead without thinking much about it. It was only afterwards that I realized it wasn't an even trade and DUB got a minor advantage in draft position in the fifth round or something. (Which should be a no-no in a total redraft league.) I'm sure if I'd said no DUB would have respected that.

Both DUB and Foot ended up relegated to the B league at the end of the season anyway.

For the record, I'm still okay with swapping draft picks, as long as you have evenly paired rounds (i.e. if you trade the third round, you also have to trade the fourth). But I think only Foot would pay six dollars for a five-dollar bill anyway.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only Foot would pay six dollars for a five-dollar bill anyway.

He may pay $7 or 8 if Spiller or CJ2K's picture is on it.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Lefty, with half the elite players being thrown back, I say only keep Forte if you have a very late second-round pick. You'll probably be able to get him back anyway. Unless you're picking 22-24 in the second, I'd take the flyer on LeShoure.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may pay $7 or 8 if Spiller or CJ2K's picture is on it.

I think you are on to something there. .... great investment if you can come up with the bills !!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty and DUB - I'll take the heat for this one. Foot did ask if it was okay, and I gave the go ahead without thinking much about it. It was only afterwards that I realized it wasn't an even trade and DUB got a minor advantage in draft position in the fifth round or something. (Which should be a no-no in a total redraft league.) I'm sure if I'd said no DUB would have respected that.

Both DUB and Foot ended up relegated to the B league at the end of the season anyway.

For the record, I'm still okay with swapping draft picks, as long as you have evenly paired rounds (i.e. if you trade the third round, you also have to trade the fourth). But I think only Foot would pay six dollars for a five-dollar bill anyway.

ok - I'm over it - peace to all.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot I'm in the B League this year.... oh well, I'll blame it on the Randall Cobb dropping... and the Ryan Williams drafting.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot I'm in the B League this year.... oh well, I'll blame it on the Randall Cobb dropping... and the Ryan Williams drafting.

Well I'm in the A league by default............I'll blame it on the CBS dumping.....oh yeah, the shitty drafting might have had something to do with it too......
Sam

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this from TKO...

I forgot I'm in the B League this year....
There was some talk about jumping over to ESPN for the MBBRL. If we do, we may be able to increase the size of the league.

If we can't bring in all 24 of the MBBRL members (or 22 because of the drones), and we add a few new owners from SportsHoopla, we could bump up the ownership on ESPN (if that's something that appeals to everyone?).

What are we at, about 14 now? Might be a nice sized MBBRL. No?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wouldn't be up for anything more than a 14 teamer, and even that's stretching it a bit for my liking. When your in week 4 and needing to choose between two third string RB's as your RB 2, just praying that someone gets 4 touches, that takes what is supposed to be a fun hobby and turns it into a pain in the ass. I know hadn't will argue that mite teams adds more strategy and yada yada..but bottom line, it takes the enjoyment out of it, and turns it into a second job.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, getting back in the A League is a nice goal to look towards. I welcome larger leagues in baseball, but football, you would have to knock down the RB to one starter each and maybe a flex.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 prefered here as well, but it's all in fun so it doesnt matter to me.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do track down naughtymax the A league is going to be very tough. Ram has proven himself a force to contend with and Tlance was solid.

I feel bad about the guys we lost... but maybe even worse about some damn funny stuff that is now lost forever.

Wil of Sadness

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I guess the consensus is to have 12. I had no preference, I was merely making a suggestion.

BTW, ESPN has finished their "maintenance" and the 2013 fantasy football manager is now accessible. Did you want to discuss flex options? ESPN also allows for IR roster spots which is nice to have in today's NFL.