• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe-
I know you follow NFL closely. Ever catch college hockey? I do love the college game. Here in Denver, DU just fired George Gwozdecki who had won 20 or more 12 straight years. Can't figure it out. Any insight?

Fuzzy, sorry but I don't really follow college anything. Although I did watch the NCAA Frozen Four. (Yale won the championship BTW.)

Sometimes teams - no matter what level - just want to go in a different direction, and that usually involves someone's job. If the new DU coach doesn't win 20 games, I would think that the athletic director at DU may be on the hot seat.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Fuzzy, where's the tennis avi? I'm sure you saw that Treff couldn't import his animated skull avi. Still, I thought that you'd have a freeze frame of your tennis avi as your new avi.

Last edited by a moderator:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm of the belief that defense doesn't really impact the offense. Look at the Bears. They had a good defense but it didn't help Cutler. Look at the Jets. Revis' presence didn't help Sanchez either.

Speaking of the Jets... they acquired Mike Goodson. I thought he was a good back who just couldn't overcome the depth in Carolina. Traded to Oakland, he was not utilized. I've seen a report that the lead role in NY is up for grabs between Goodson and Powell. Was just wondering what everyone's thoughts on Goodson might be?

There were times when I thought Goodson was the best back in Oak. I think he will far well given opportunity, however, there is a lot of 'word' going around that the Jets are interested in Chris Ivory. If that happens, I think Goodson goes back to being a 3rd down back.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay - so we're only short Monkey, DUB... and Foot? I think I'll take a page from the Pontius Pilate book of governing and let the mob decide his fate.

My opinion on Foot and DUB has not changed from last year. .... I'll leave it at that.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice point, Lefty. I forgot about the proposal for Ivory. I like Ivory too. Another RB lost in the depth in N'Orleans. I just wonder if Ivory can stay healthy?

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in. Glad to see you guys are on top of things!

What are my Bills gonna do this week?

1. Geno Smith (please no!)
2. Matt Barkley (no! -- but is he my "Matt Ryan"?, whom I dogged coming out and called the Falcons idiots for taking)
3. Ryan Nassib (chemistry? why do I like him more than the above?)

I doubt we'll call Warmack's name, or a "pass-rusher". Oh brother.

I live about 45mins away from Buffalo and all I hear is that you can put it in ink, Ryan Nassib to the Bills 8 overall.. Makes sense considering there new coach and O Coordinator coached Nassib in college and like him alot. They feel he can be special at the next level( I think he can be a decent pro but 8 overall is a reach) Rumor is even if Geno is still on the board Nassib will be the pick.. This situation with the bills reminds me alot of last year with Tannehill and the Dolphins

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let the mob decide his fate.

Did Will just call us a mob?

Well, time to get ready for work (late start). Talk to you guys later.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys need your expert opinions on keepers. Standard scoring except passing TD's are 4pts. Keep two in the round drafted, free agents go in rd 6. Also, can only keep one at a position. Free agents are; Knowshon Moreno, Jordy Nelson, Bryce Brown, Josh Gordon, Daryl Richardson.

LeSean McCoy, Phi RB - cannot keep
Matt Forte, Chi RB
Falcons TQB TQB
Demaryius Thomas, Den WR

Victor Cruz, NYG WR - cannot keep
Malcom Floyd, SD WR

Mikel Leshoure, Det RB

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm signed in and Lefty what is your deal against me? It'd be nice to know since I don't know you at all so it seems pretty odd......

Checked in and luggage made it too!

-DUB-

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty - Demaryius for sure. Ryan is solid but there's a lot of depth at QB, and in a 4-pt passing TD league he's not worth a third-round pick. Whether to keep Forte in the second depends on who's being dropped and how many people will retain picks early. If as a group they can keep top-flight RBs and still have a bunch of early picks, you have to keep him. LeShoure is interesting at 12, but he could end up anywhere from a top-20 back (if they use him at the goal line and end up using Reggie less than they're saying) to waiver wire fodder.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's this? Actual fantasy football talk?

Ram-Ryan Nassib to the Bills 8 overall.. Really?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think they'd be able to trade down and get him.

Ram Tough

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram-Ryan Nassib to the Bills 8 overall.. Really?
You'd think they'd be able to trade down and get him

Wil that would be the smart thing to do.. but if there is not a trade party then it cannot be done. I read an article by someone close to the situation that Bills are terrified if they don't take him 8 overall they may not get him. It's not a guarantee they can trade back into first round to get Nassib and there is no way he would fall to them in the second. Nassib's stock is rising and many people are considering him 1st or 2nd in the QB rankings for this class. There's always a reach in the Top 10 and here it is.. Doug Marraone won't pass up on his guy; also i saw an article where the new coaching staff believes Nassib is a Top 10 talent so for them it is not a reach.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm signed in and Lefty what is your deal against me? It'd be nice to know since I don't know you at all so it seems pretty odd......

Checked in and luggage made it too!

-DUB-

DUB, If you want to use the logo from the BB league on this site, here's the link.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8389/8542338442_e2c51b23cf.jpg

You can put it up through the User CP on the top left of any page.
And before you ask, edit avatar is under the settings and options section on the left side.
Nice to see you made it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ram Tough

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a team like the Bills its hard to trade up and give away current or future draft picks. They have so many holes they need as many picks as possible.. The ideal situation for the bills would be to trade down from 8 to 20's.. Pick up a couple extra draft picks then take there Qb in Nassib.. But common sense for Buffalo is hard to come by.. Buddy Nix has got to be one of the worst GM's in the league.

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rev Jim,

Thanks and Thanks! I was actually just wondering how do I get the photo image you created to go up on on this forum....hahaha you mind reader you!! ;)

-DUB-

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills trade down? Lol -- we are the worst for that. I have been looking at the Nassib situation as comparison to Tannehill's all spring. I would much rather Warmack or Cooper, but Nassib is the QB I want out of this "class".

Fantasy football question? Ah, I'll pass for now, until I get my baseball OF/SP in order!

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think logo is up?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my personal feeling are that smart teams well go after offensive and defensive lineman, defensive backs, and possibly a couple WR's. Teams that continually wallow in mediocrity will reach for the QB's. I hate to "go chalk", but I'm with most of the experts, there are no franchise QB's in this draft, but a few developmental projects that MIGHT be decent starters some day.
Not a draft where I would enjoy being an NFL GM of a team in desperate need of a QB. That need and the desire to fill it right away is going to waste more than a couple first round picks