• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on the RB pool left over, I wouldn't totally rule out leaving out Forte and keeping both DT and Jordy. Is it possible for you to get two RB's with your first two picks? I'm sure you've thought that over, just wanted to throw it out there.

Yep TKO - I'd consider that, except we can only keep one at a position. ....

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Assessment

I see it as being strictly about points. Thomas should get you 30-40 FF pts more than another WR you could get in the 4th; Nelson should get you maybe 20 FF pts more than another WR you could get in the 6th.

To me, after the first few WRs (of which Thomas is one) the value starts to flatten out pretty quickly, and you can get a guy a round or two later who isn't much worse.

I think Wil nailed this one with respect to the points they would bring above what you could get in those rounds. I know Peyton has Welker now and has more mouths to feed, but I seem to remember Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison both being #1 receivers fantasy wise even when Brandon Stokley and Dallas Clark were catching 10 touchdowns a year in the slot and at tight end. Besides, Welker is not necessarily going to be much of a touchdown vulture, he's going to take catches away from Thomas, but not in the red zone as he's never had double digit touchdowns in a year anyway. In the red zone Peyton is still going to be looking Thomas's way. Jordy Nelson just scares me way more because Packers receivers just disappear from games at times. Peyton seems to keep everyone involved every game, whereas Rodgers tends to pick a couple of guys each game he's going to throw to, it just might be two different guys every game.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was looking for the hilariously great "Golden Mountain" story on our old MBBRL thread, but there are just too many pages to go through. Does anyone know where it is? Maybe just post it on here?

Here's the old link > Original MBBRL thread on "site not named" (You can jump to certain pages by just editing the URL address.)

I did stumble across some things:

• Hawkaristic labeling Foot's guesses as "Guano Predictions"
  • Will outlines the bets that Foot accepted on page 342.
  • Final QB prediction ranking scores on page 336.
  • The Foot "Predict-O-Meter" Final Report on page 336.
  • Keeper Of the Flame & Barbarians End-Of-Season rankings summary on page 325.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted the page number here somewhere......man I think it was like 270 ish............

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the funniest stuff on that thread.............

The Foot Predict-o-Meter

Genius Calls (0)

Very Close (1)
Spiller will be a top-7 RB (crazy rating: 7)
Reality: 8th, 3 FF points out of the top 7

Not So Crazy After All (3)
Peyton Manning will be a top-2 QB (crazy rating: 3)
Reality: 5th, 9 FF pts out of the top 2

Greene will be a top-11 RB
Reality: 17th, 27 pts out of the top 11

Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 WR (crazy rating: 6)
Reality: 4th, 20 pts out

Just Plain Crazy (5)
Russell Wilson will be a top-4 QB (crazy rating: 8)
Reality: 15th, 86 points out of the top 4

Miles Austin will be a top-2 WR (crazy rating:7)
Reality: 21st, 63 pts out of the top 2

Charles will be a top-2 RB (crazy rating: 5)
Reality: 11th, 64 FF points out of the top 2

Cam Newton will be the #1 QB (crazy rating: 3)
Reality: 6th, 41 pts out

CJ2K will be the #1 RB (crazy rating: 2)
Reality: tied for 12th, 77 FF pts out

Team-Killing Crazy (3)
Flacco will be a top-3 QB (crazy rating: 9)
Reality: 17th, 95 points out of the #3 spot

Lamar Miller will be a top-10 RB (crazy rating: 8)
Reality: worse than 60th and way, way out

Turbin will be a top-12 RB (crazy rating: 7)
Reality: worse than 60th and way, way out

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lamar Miller is a top 10 when he's 3rd on the depth chart, but not worth a 3rd round pick when expected to be the every down back? Alrighty then!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some say funny..some say batshit crazy and in need of professional assistance

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Greene was 17th? That should make me rethink my ranking of Ivory... crazy how there's things you don't realize over the season, being as obsessed as we are.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lamar Miller is a top 10 when he's 3rd on the depth chart, but not worth a 3rd round pick when expected to be the every down back? Alrighty then!
Odd the way things change when attempting tobprove a different (yet equally as crazy) point..isnt it??

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Page 214....................can't find part one though.

The story continues - -
And it came to pass, that young Lefty, stunned by the sharp words, descended from the Golden Mountain, where Master Foot sits upon his throne amusing himself with delusions of grandeur. It was along the forbidden trail, that a bewildered Lefty came upon 10 great men who were rulers, each of their own fantasy kingdoms. After much discussion and sharing of thoughts, they asked him to join them in an alliance of knowledge, one to be known far and wide as Keepers of the Flame. Among these great men were; Wil of White, Sam of Sports, Fuzzy of Yellow, Doug of Beer, Dub of Cheese, Scape of Goat. There was also a well-bread and learned commoner among them, known simply as Joe the Average who knew of all things mathematical in the fantasy world.

During their quest for greater knowledge, the 11 came upon 4 learned Barbarians who were seeking safe haven on the Golden Mountain. They are known as; Ram the Tuff, Hawk the Prophet, Smoker of Monkeys, and Dog of Strange Avatar. The 11 were taken aback by the opinions and thoughts of the 4, and made offer for them to join in their quest.

The 11 and 4 then wondered for many years through internet valleys, printed words, and the teaching of rival Masters. They came to stay with the Masters known as Dave & Jamey, Rotoworld, Yoda (John of Paulsen), Bruno of Boys, and several others, in a secret cave near the base of the mountain. It was there that they drank spirits, ate, and discussed all things fantasy for 40 days and 40 nights in secret rituals. It is believed that the meetings went unbeknown to Master Foot, as he was performing his own ritual writing “I am a fantasy God - I know all and see all” over and over for the same 40 days and nights.

Having learned many things during their stay with the rival Masters, the 11 and 4 went forth to assemble their armies for battle. On the day of reckoning, the 11 and 4 did assembled great armies, using the knowledge of the rival Masters and their new forged alliance. Lo, Master Foot was not impressed as the 11 allowed Sir Joe of Flacco to join his allegiance in the 2nd round, and Journeyman Ryan of Tannehill later on the same day. But alas, Master Foot was blinded by his own glow, and could not see that although the two possess golden arms, there was no one worthy to receive their gifts.

It then came to pass on the 5th day of the 9th month, the 11 began their assent to the top of the Golden Mountain. The 4 went on to wage their own battle with other barbarians seeking to ascend from the low lands to a rocky cliff on the mountain. The 11 fought long and hard among themselves in preparation for the given week when they would be face to face with Master Foot. 12 epic battles raged on different fronts for 16 full weeks, and then peace settled over the lands for a brief period. Master Foot was conquered and banished from the mountain.

It is said, the once proud Master Foot has been seen in tattered "I am the greatest" clothing, making effort to lord over Barbarians in a desert far south of the majestic Golden Mountain. His kingdom has since dwindled to a few family members and several local podiatrists.

Episode IV - The End.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great stuff! I was a late bloomer in the group, and did not get to catch up on all the stories. With my not-so-great first impression and being sent down to the "B" league, I'd like to establish myself this season ... oh what the future holds for TKO of Spikes?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Page 214....................can't find part one though.

Sam, was this part 1 (started by Wil)? If so, it was on page 214.

Ah, yes, I remember - we were just a rag-tag bunch of young good-for-nothings united by the common call... let us brave the elements and try to reach the monastery, in the clouded and awe-inspiring heights of the Golden Mountain, there - if worthy - to spend years sleeping on stone floors and eating nothing but wild grass, to bend our whole being into the singular pursuit of knowledge, to be permitted to kneel at the throne of The Foot and hear his terrible and mystifying koans. I remember young Lefty daring to say, "But Master, is it not better to have a mighty QB whose path is known, and who will surely score more points?" and Foot fixing his milky gaze upon the trembling Lefty and saying, "Your words betray everything you have still not understood, young acolyte. Is not one handful of oats lost in the recesses of an abandoned farmhouse worth more than a thousand sacks of gold in your grasp?"

And after these many years, we are still blind, o Foot, blind to your brilliance, and uncomprehending of your rankings.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe's right. Foot said something like, "I may have taught you all you know, but I haven't taught you all I know" and I couldn't resist, and then Lefty ran with it.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, yes, I remember - we were just a rag-tag bunch of young good-for-nothings united by the common call... let us brave the elements and try to reach the monastery, in the clouded and awe-inspiring heights of the Golden Mountain, there - if worthy - to spend years sleeping on stone floors and eating nothing but wild grass, to bend our whole being into the singular pursuit of knowledge, to be permitted to kneel at the throne of The Foot and hear his terrible and mystifying koans. I remember young Lefty daring to say, "But Master, is it not better to have a mighty QB whose path is known, and who will surely score more points?" and Foot fixing his milky gaze upon the trembling Lefty and saying,

pai-mei1.jpg

"Your words betray everything you have still not understood, young acolyte. Is not one handful of oats lost in the recesses of an abandoned farmhouse worth more than a thousand sacks of gold in your grasp?"

And after these many years, we are still blind, o Foot, blind to your brilliance, and uncomprehending of your rankings.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe's right. Foot said something like, "I may have taught you all you know, but I haven't taught you all I know" and I couldn't resist, and then Lefty ran with it.
Damn, wish I would have remembered that before I went another 50 pages in.....lol.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, wish I would have remembered that before I went another 50 pages in.....lol.

and Barilko came to realise that he may be years away from ascending yonder Golden mountain

.Genius Lefty love it....:suds:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I had check on here last night but have been having trouble with my router. Anyway, I have the Golden Mountain story saved in Word - - could have posted it and saved you guys from looking around. I didn't have Wil's lead-in but do now. .... some renderings are priceless and that was my 'golden' moment. Not sure I can ever top it. .... but like Star Wars there is room for more episodes - go forward from then or back in time.