• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so here's a dumb question: What kind of upgrade do you expect to get over SJax in the 2nd round? You would have a high end #1 and a high end #2 if you kept SJax....................

Can't keep more than one of the same position Sam, so I can keep Martin in the 3rd round or Jackson in the 2nd but not both. Thanks a lot for all the advice guys, I am definitely leaning more toward Colston now, but I have some time as we don't have to name our keepers until around August 18th.

Last edited by a moderator:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say it depends on what you think you'll end up with in the first and second. If you end up with, say, Megatron and A.J. Green, you'll probably wish you had that fourth-round pick open.

The choices for second keeper are Garcon, Colston and Nobody. Nobody deserves some consideration.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody deserves some consideration.
Forgot the only 1 guy at 1 position rule..................and would be looking hard at keeping those picks. My guess is you will be able to redraft Colston in the same spot if there is no upgrade in the 4th.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't posted much on the fantasy boards but I think I can provide you guys with a good analysis on Colston as I'm a Saints fan. Colston has been underrated his WHOLE career. He can be one of the better recievers in the game, but the problem is he gets injured often. As for his ups and downs, trust me on this one....it's NOT his fault. All of the Saints recievers fit their role so well to the point where it can be anybodys big day at any given time. Whether it's Lance Moore, Deverey Henderson(he's gone now), Graham, Colston, Joe Morgan, etc....and the bigger problem(fantasy wise) is this, Drew Brees doesn't lock into one guy, because he spreads the ball out so well between each receiver. If I'm being honest, going into drafts, I never LOOK to draft any Saints recievers but I'll do so if they fall to me. The only person that I go into the draft looking to get is Jimmy Graham. Brees doesn't lock into one person, but Graham is his number one option. Graham is the more consistent option from game to game even though he has his down games as well due to Brees spreading the ball out. As for Colston or Garcon, fantasy wise, I'd take Colston.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't posted much on the fantasy boards but I think I can provide you guys with a good analysis on Colston as I'm a Saints fan. Colston has been underrated his WHOLE career. He can be one of the better recievers in the game, but the problem is he gets injured often. As for his ups and downs, trust me on this one....it's NOT his fault. All of the Saints recievers fit their role so well to the point where it can be anybodys big day at any given time. Whether it's Lance Moore, Deverey Henderson(he's gone now), Graham, Colston, Joe Morgan, etc....and the bigger problem(fantasy wise) is this, Drew Brees doesn't lock into one guy, because he spreads the ball out so well between each receiver. If I'm being honest, going into drafts, I never LOOK to draft any Saints recievers but I'll do so if they fall to me. The only person that I go into the draft looking to get is Jimmy Graham. Brees doesn't lock into one person, but Graham is his number one option. Graham is the more consistent option from game to game even though he has his down games as well due to Brees spreading the ball out. As for Colston or Garcon, fantasy wise, I'd take Colston.
Hey Kold, I would say your analysis is spot on. Head to head Colston>>>>Garcon. But when you look at the 2 round difference I would have to say Garcon is the better value.............not by much though. Honestly, at this point I would probably throw them both back in. Would be nice to know who might be there for you in the first round though. How many guys are gonna keep first rounders. Hell, you could end up with a pretty high first round pick.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been around much lately would someone remind me when we are having the MMBRL draft?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I missed something, Scape, we have no date as of yet, but the MBBRL draft will be in mid-Augustish.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say draft will be Sunday, August 18th, 8pm ET (7 PM CT, 6 PM MT...). There will be a couple of Pre-Season Week 2 games going on at the same time.

This was posted several pages back for those wondering when the MBBRL draft is planned. ... I have not heard anything different. ...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that's still the date/time.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detailed list of players

Anybody know of a website that has a detailed breakdown of each players fantasy outlook for the season, not just a top 200, but more like the fantasy magazines do and put a paragraph on why they think each player is ranked where they are. I mean on CBS, ESPN, and Fantasy Pros you can click on the players name and it will pop up with it for that specific player, but it's a pain in the ass to click the player, then go back to the previous page, then click the next player etc.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my 200 rankings updated in ESPN in case I'm late for the draft.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Percy Harvin hurt his hip possible tear... more updates to come soon

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you used Foot's..............:lol:

Couldn't help it Foot. Sorry. Not.

That's some funny stuff, so the first 3 picks will definitely be Chris Johnson, Colin Kaepernick, and Tavon Austin. And let's face it with those 3 on your team would you even really need to fill the rest of the roster!! :lol: You can just draft 12 kickers after that and still dominate.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Percy Harvin hurt his hip possible tear... more updates to come soon

Yikes! Hope he doesn't need surgery. If so, that would bump RW down two spots, Lynch up two spots, and Rice up a handful. Not sure I'd get excited about Tate, but he'd probably be worth more than 15 guys on my list... the DHB's, the Andrew Hawkins' ... ???

-- the worst part of ranking players :( ... because there's no way I'm doing any updates, and I can't see me having time to do any weekly scenarios, other than answering questions/threads on the board.

This draft, and preseason games is really getting close, time to start digging a little deeper into draft prep.

I got my 200 rankings updated in ESPN in case I'm late for the draft.

nice decision, I think I'll do the same

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I've got a question for you guys. Drafting 7th in 12 team one yr keeper league. Which is the best value; Demayrius Thomas in the 4th rd, or Jordy Nelson in the 6th ?? Leaning towards Thomas, but Nelson in the 6th with Jennings gone may have more upside (if he stays healthy). Thoughts ?