• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks

Since we're throwing out nominations, I'll toss Gabby in.

Keep in mind that there were plenty of "posts" on CBS, but not all were MBBRL worthy. Not to mention that the SportsHoopla boards are a little quieter compared to CBS.

I appreciate the endorsements Joe and Wil. I would be happy to join and I will be able to start posting more often now that Gabby is a little bit older. Besides I have a keeper question for you guys. I can keep two or one in a league but they must be different positions and you keep them in the spot you drafted them. Free agents go in the 6th round. I drafted Doug Martin in the 3rd round, so he is a no brainer. I drafted Brady in the first round, but it's only a 4pt touchdown league for quarterbacks, so really my only other option is whether or not I should keep Pierre Garcon as a free agent in the 6th round or just keep Martin. Thoughts?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the endorsements Joe and Wil. I would be happy to join and I will be able to start posting more often now that Gabby is a little bit older. Besides I have a keeper question for you guys. I can keep two or one in a league but they must be different positions and you keep them in the spot you drafted them. Free agents go in the 6th round. I drafted Doug Martin in the 3rd round, so he is a no brainer. I drafted Brady in the first round, but it's only a 4pt touchdown league for quarterbacks, so really my only other option is whether or not I should keep Pierre Garcon as a free agent in the 6th round or just keep Martin. Thoughts?

I'm not a huge fan of Garcon, BUT, sixth round is probably one or two rounds later than you'd probably get him anyways, so you've got decent enough value there to warrant the keep IMHO. Unfortunately, there's NO justifying Brady (or any other QB) in the 1st round of a 4 pointer, especially not this year with the crazy depth at QB.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Treff here... except Garcon in the sixth is a very marginal keeper value. Did you draft anybody late who might be a better value in the round drafted, like the Seattle D or Brandon LaFell or Ben Tate or even a decent K?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and what advantages do you get (if any), if you only keep one? For example, if everyone keeps a RB, and those who only keep one player get to select first, you probably have a good chance at grabbing your RB2 right there (if that would even be allowed)....??

(I agree that Brady in the 1st would be a no, and Garcon in the 6th is on the bubble)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and what advantages do you get (if any), if you only keep one? For example, if everyone keeps a RB, and those who only keep one player get to select first, you probably have a good chance at grabbing your RB2 right there (if that would even be allowed)....??

(I agree that Brady in the 1st would be a no, and Garcon in the 6th is on the bubble)

:agree:

If you only keep 1 guy is there a supplimental draft? Does eveybody start with 2 players or is the only advantage to throwing Garcon back in a 6th round pick?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Will, there are a few of the old CBS'ers in here that do play fantasy. I know it's early but we do have 9 spots to fill; might want to start looking. I think Goldenspur should get an invite if he wants in....................

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Treff here... except Garcon in the sixth is a very marginal keeper value. Did you draft anybody late who might be a better value in the round drafted, like the Seattle D or Brandon LaFell or Ben Tate or even a decent K?

I got nobody late, that's the problem, I have a couple of other running backs, but nothing close to the value of Doug Martin in the 3rd and I can only keep one running back. The other players on my roster were Steven Jackson in the 2nd round, Marques Colston in the 4th round, and Owen Daniels in the 11th round, but none of them are worth the value. Even my kicker and defenders were free agents and it's an IDP league, not a team defense.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are really no advantages, the draft is set up just like any snake draft and since I'm keeping Doug Martin in the 3rd round and I draft 8th, I will get the 8th pick in the 1st round and the 17th pick in the 2nd round, then no 3rd round pick.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you only keep 1 guy is there a supplimental draft? Does eveybody start with 2 players or is the only advantage to throwing Garcon back in a 6th round pick?

There is no supplemental draft, so the only advantage to throwing Garcon back would be gaining my 6th round pick, that is correct.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but I'd be looking harder at Colston in the 4th over Garcon in the 6th.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colston's a surer bet, but if Garcon and his QB stay healthy Garcon could put up similar numbers. I suspect this risk is why Garcon is going a round later. You could almost certainly get Colston with the 5th pick in the 4th, but Garcon will probably be gone by the 5th pick in the 6th.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that crazy TKO.

Though Garcon only played 10 games last season, he was on pace for 1027 yards and 6 TD (he finished with 633/4).

Meanwhile, Colston had 1154 yards and 10 TD. I found this interesting too that in the last 4 seasons (cause that's as far back as I wanted to go), Colston has consistently averaged 1100 yards and 8.5 TD. And in his last 2 years his avg has gone up!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colston's a surer bet, but if Garcon and his QB stay healthy Garcon could put up similar numbers. I suspect this risk is why Garcon is going a round later. You could almost certainly get Colston with the 5th pick in the 4th, but Garcon will probably be gone by the 5th pick in the 6th.

I owned Closton in a couple of leagues last year and the dude was pretty frustrating. HUGE games then the old dissappearing act for a few. I think you could draft Colston in the 4th but doubt you could draft Garcon in the 6th. So I guess the real questions are: What will your needs be in the 4th as opposed to the 6th and if you feel you can get better value than either of these guys in those 2 rounds. Me, I would do exactly what you are doing and him-haw about it right up until draft day...........lol. Gun to my head I would probably keep Garcon, draft best available RB at 8.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
silky smooth Colston

Colston is a good talent but he is not a WIN your fantasy league talent. And yes, I know I'm not helping in regards to the question but I wanted to comment about Colston. I'd take him once I knew my #1 spot for qb, rb, wr and locked in place. :whistle:

-DUB-

I owned Closton in a couple of leagues last year and the dude was pretty frustrating. HUGE games then the old dissappearing act for a few. I think you could draft Colston in the 4th but doubt you could draft Garcon in the 6th. So I guess the real questions are: What will your needs be in the 4th as opposed to the 6th and if you feel you can get better value than either of these guys in those 2 rounds. Me, I would do exactly what you are doing and him-haw about it right up until draft day...........lol. Gun to my head I would probably keep Garcon, draft best available RB at 8.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to last season, Colston was one of three receivers who were in the top 20 in fantasy points in each of the last three years. I can't be sure, but I think Roddy White and Percy Harvin were the other two. With Colston's "better" 2012, he's still up there. I see your point Sam, "the disappearing act" does suck, but overall the numbers are there, and those huge weeks help just as much as the crappy ones hurt. Also, those huge weeks are good trade bait as well... (last season I turned Colston and Rivers (and Rudolph) into Peyton Manning and change).

If it was Garcon in the 8th, that would be sweet, even the 7th, but I don't see any upside in the 6th, nor do I see "safety", which I do with Colston. Yes, you "can grab" Colston in the 4th anyway, but so what, ... do it. That gives you a RB1 and WR2 in rounds 3 and 4, with your first two picks, go RB/WR and you should have a solid foursome to build on.

I guess arguments can be made either way, and I guess that's what we're here for, but that's mine for keeping the safe Colston.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question.

I don't sleep on Colston or disrespect his game over the years, as his sure stats each week do lock in that comfort feeling. It's the ups and downs that make him a NOT a 1 spot WR. I would take him over Garcon if I had to make the pick between just those two players head to head.

-DUB-

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colston or Garcon

So, Colston would be the 45th pick which is a value of about 5 or 6 spots and Garcon would be the 65th pick which is also a value of about 5 or 6 picks. They are both somewhat injury prone and Garcon's value is tied to a 2nd year quarterback coming off a torn ACL, MCL, and every other CL there is. Colston disappears for games at a time and owning him last year I know that even though he's a 4th round pick, he is not necessarily a no-brainer starter each week and I really feel like a 4th round draft pick should be somebody you can plug in with confidence each week. So, I still have no idea what I should do.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Colston would be the 45th pick which is a value of about 5 or 6 spots and Garcon would be the 65th pick which is also a value of about 5 or 6 picks. They are both somewhat injury prone and Garcon's value is tied to a 2nd year quarterback coming off a torn ACL, MCL, and every other CL there is. Colston disappears for games at a time and owning him last year I know that even though he's a 4th round pick, he is not necessarily a no-brainer starter each week and I really feel like a 4th round draft pick should be somebody you can plug in with confidence each week. So, I still have no idea what I should do.

OK so here's a dumb question: What kind of upgrade do you expect to get over SJax in the 2nd round? You would have a high end #1 and a high end #2 if you kept SJax....................

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a keeper question for you guys. I can keep two or one in a league but they must be different positions and you keep them in the spot you drafted them. Free agents go in the 6th round. I drafted Doug Martin in the 3rd round, so he is a no brainer. I drafted Brady in the first round, but it's only a 4pt touchdown league for quarterbacks, so really my only other option is whether or not I should keep Pierre Garcon as a free agent in the 6th round or just keep Martin. Thoughts?

Bandit, I'm sure you appreciate everyone's input. Doesn't sound like you're sold on either Garcon or Colston. The other thing to keep in mind is that since everyone will be keeping 1 or 2 guys, then the pickings will be much slimmer come round 4, 5 and 6 (when these guys may typically go in a standard non-keeper league).

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so here's a dumb question: What kind of upgrade do you expect to get over SJax in the 2nd round? You would have a high end #1 and a high end #2 if you kept SJax....................

He can't keep two at the same position, Sam.

Colston disappears for games at a time and owning him last year I know that even though he's a 4th round pick, he is not necessarily a no-brainer starter each week and I really feel like a 4th round draft pick should be somebody you can plug in with confidence each week. So, I still have no idea what I should do.

Again, I'll stress... Trade Bait! Just because you draft someone, doesn't mean you have to live with him for 16 weeks. When is your deadline for this by the way? The only thing that would make me think twice about keeping Colston would be RG3 and PG lighting it up out of the gates in preseason... and still, I'd probably choose MC.