• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I've got a question for you guys. Drafting 7th in 12 team one yr keeper league. Which is the best value; Demayrius Thomas in the 4th rd, or Jordy Nelson in the 6th ?? Leaning towards Thomas, but Nelson in the 6th with Jennings gone may have more upside (if he stays healthy). Thoughts ?

Thomas..nuff said imho

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also NOT look at the potential value of Nelson in the 6th. DT in the 4th is a steal too and I feel is the safer, consistent choice.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I've got a question for you guys. Drafting 7th in 12 team one yr keeper league. Which is the best value; Demayrius Thomas in the 4th rd, or Jordy Nelson in the 6th ?? Leaning towards Thomas, but Nelson in the 6th with Jennings gone may have more upside (if he stays healthy). Thoughts ?

IMHO the value of Thomas at 4 and Nelson at 6 are pretty close to equal

It is safe to say Thomas is off the boards in all pools by mid point of round 3

and Nelson could prob hang around to late 4th up until mid 5th (because of the so called injury concerns as you have mentioned)

so fairly close

However if we agree that they are reasonably close then i would rather have Nelson and still have 5th pick in round 4....than have Thomas and the 5th pick in round 6

i have the same 2 keepers but my dilemma is simple Thomas would cost pick 11 (1st pick 2nd round-10 team league) where i stole Nelson who will only cost a 12th round pick(Why so late..well he was drafted 2 years ago in 14th and has been kept in consecutive years-thus now a 12..i stole him in a trade last year when he was limping)

thus no dilemma at all

:laugh3:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO the value of Thomas at 4 and Nelson at 6 are pretty close to equal

It is safe to say Thomas is off the boards in all pools by mid point of round 3

and Nelson could prob hang around to late 4th up until mid 5th (because of the so called injury concerns as you have mentioned)

so fairly close

However if we agree that they are reasonably close then i would rather have Nelson and still have 5th pick in round 4....than have Thomas and the 5th pick in round 6

i have the same 2 keepers but my dilemma is simple Thomas would cost pick 11 (1st pick 2nd round-10 team league) where i stole Nelson who will only cost a 12th round pick(Why so late..well he was drafted 2 years ago in 14th and has been kept in consecutive years-thus now a 12..i stole him in a trade last year when he was limping)

thus no dilemma at all

:laugh3:

If the values are equal, and I agree they are close enough to call them equal, I will almost always take the better player. Here is why:

If you take DT with the 4th pick, you can still get a pretty good WR in round 6 where you would have selected Jordy. In fact, I don't see a ton of difference between the WRs available at that point in most drafts. Would you rather have:

Jordy + Bowe/Wayne/Nicks?

or Thomas + Decker/Garcon/Shorts

I know the trio I listed with DT is a little riskier, but DT has top 3 upside that just isn't there for Jordy.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the trio I listed with DT is a little riskier,

you sure about that? Isn't Nicks' picture beside the definition of risky in the fantasy football dictionary?

... it's not even close with me... the fact that the reasoning for making them close is the two round difference, is the reason I'm keeping the better player taken two rounds earlier in all those drafts.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demaryius hands down.

His ADP is currently 26th overall which is a high 3rd round pick. Ironically, that's also his consensus ranking on MWHS.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Rotoworld:

Maclin suffered a torn right ACL on Saturday, Philadelphia Inquirer writer Zach Berman reports. Analysis: A season-ending injury was the fear as soon as Maclin fell to the ground Saturday, and that fear unfortunately has come true. It's a bad situation for Philadelphia and especially Maclin, because Maclin will be a free agent after the 2013 season. Riley Cooper and Arrelious Benn appear to be Maclin's top replacement candidates.

Wow! Another one bites the dust!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard Pitta hurt his hip too... doesn't sound "serious" though.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started an injury thread..........maybe start posting stuff there. Hope we don't have too many posts on it though.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the values are equal, and I agree they are close enough to call them equal, I will almost always take the better player. Here is why:

If you take DT with the 4th pick, you can still get a pretty good WR in round 6 where you would have selected Jordy. In fact, I don't see a ton of difference between the WRs available at that point in most drafts. Would you rather have:

I know the trio I listed with DT is a little riskier, but DT has top 3 upside that just isn't there for Jordy.

that is a great argument great point

you have converted me Thomas for the 4th round pick is to valuable

and Lefty you may grab a nelson type in the 6th where you will still have a pick

even if it takes a round 5 to get a Nelson you still have stolen a beaut with Thomas at 4

i stand down Good Call Tiance:agree:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By far..............probably wouldn't have used Decker though but I agree 100%. Thing about Jordy is will he still get the short TD's he was getting 2 years ago or will those go to Jones like last year. Thomas is the RZ target for Manning most of the time.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd..I don't even see the Thomas vs Nelson issue to even be one I'd think about for even a second, yet there are some minds on here that I truly respect really struggling with this one. I guess we all think differently, but man, actually kinda shocked that there's a Nelson side to this argument at all.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd..I don't even see the Thomas vs Nelson issue to even be one I'd think about for even a second, yet there are some minds on here that I truly respect really struggling with this one. I guess we all think differently, but man, actually kinda shocked that there's a Nelson side to this argument at all.

Ahhh, nothing like asking a question on here to get spirited answers. .... appreciate the input - - anyone got anything else to offer ?

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Treff for me a lot of it is where they are being drafted. Also Peyton has a lot of mouths to feed and I'm not sold on Cobb being the next big thing in GB.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Peyton has a lot of mouths to feed

I was going to use that exact line but insert Rogers for Peyton..than realized they're both in that category.
As for Cobb being the next big thing..I guess you could say that I'm sold on it, but really its more that I don't see a whole lot of unrealized potential in Nelson and Jones..imh9 they've topped out/they are what they are (which is plenty good, don't get me wrong there). But I see a lot of room for growth with Cobb. So if someone asks me which one could potentially emerge as a big time stud..I'm going with Cobb

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it as being strictly about points. Thomas should get you 30-40 FF pts more than another WR you could get in the 4th; Nelson should get you maybe 20 FF pts more than another WR you could get in the 6th.

To me, after the first few WRs (of which Thomas is one) the value starts to flatten out pretty quickly, and you can get a guy a round or two later who isn't much worse.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These type discussion are what brought me to MBBRL as I value all your opinions. Seems the majority are for Thomas, while the remaining Nelson voice is last years champ (gotta give him 2 votes). ..... I've still got a couple of weeks to make my decision although the majority is inline with my initial thought - being Thomas. I just hate giving up those earlier rd picks since historically there will be 20-24 guys kept (2 keeper league) in varies rds. I'm already bound to keeping Forte in the second since there really are no other RB's (that I could keep) worth considering. That leaves me with the 6th or 7th pick in the first, Forte in the 2nd, probably the 4th or 5th pick in the third, Thomas in the 4th, and so on. Not a bad nucleus to work around, but neither represents 'great' ADP value at the point I got them last year - - however, there is no way I'd get them both at the same value again - there are just too many other top tier guys being kept to risk that.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on the RB pool left over, I wouldn't totally rule out leaving out Forte and keeping both DT and Jordy. Is it possible for you to get two RB's with your first two picks? I'm sure you've thought that over, just wanted to throw it out there.