• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclaimer: This is my attempt at a continuation of the story. I got writers block halfway through. Maybe Lefty can embellish on it?

Banishment. The destruction of all things CBS left thousands, if not hundreds, without a source of comfort and all things fantasy. The 11 and 4 were suddenly scattered throughout cyberspace, forbidden from assembling together. Thus, there was much sadness.

Wil of White and the commoner Joe of Average engaged on quest to unite the 11 and 4. Using extrasensory perception of Nee, or ESPN, our mighty yet humble band of heroes attempted to join forces once more. But the destruction of all things CBS had a profound effect on ESPN.

Meanwhile the Proud Master Foot was not-so secretly at work building a Death Star, known only as “MWHS.” A narcissistic lair that would enable him to control unsuspecting fantasy apprentices that approached. He would lure them with promises of games and accuracy. All of Master Foot’s plans were orchestrated through his top henchmen, known only has CJ1K and MJD the Lisfranc. If only Journeyman Ryan of Tannehill was as accurate. But I digress, since many a henchman have fallen at the tyrannical reign of Master Foot – the suddenly unwanted Joe of Flacco and Beast Hillis to name two.

Weeks, if not days, had passed and the 11 and 4 were suffering the effects of non-fantasy discussions and camaraderie. There was much sadness.

When suddenly, Wil of White was drawn to the golden glow emanating from the SportsHoopla of Sports. Using his natural ability of superior reasoning and all things organized, Sir Wil then summoned Joe of Average to assemble the Keepers of the Flame in the shadow of the MWHS Death Star.

And so it came to pass that in the Fourth month on the twenty-first day, the 11 and 4 began to return from their banishment. Sam of Sports, Fuzzy of Yellow, Doug of Beer, Dub of Cheese, Scape of Goat. Alas, some of our heroes are still unaccounted for, such as Hawk the Prophet and Dog of Strange Avatar. Thus, there was much sadness.

However the strong Treff of Lost Avi was bitter over the banishment due to what he had lost, and solemnly vowed to the remnant of the 11 and 4 that he would execute vengeance. And Treff of Lost Avi did so vow in extreme profanities to excess.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn right! Still extremely disappointed in losing my misty skull .gif !!!!

Damn fine read though Joe!!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll finish it. Then The Foot Farted and burnt everyone eyebrows off.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclaimer: This is my attempt at a continuation of the story. I got writers block halfway through. Maybe Lefty can embellish on it?

Nicely done Joe. Nothing to add at this point. We'll call that Episode V in the continuing saga. ....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys, question for you.

14 team keeper league, Non-PPR. To keep a player, you must give up a pick 4 rounds higher than where you drafted that player the year before and free agent pick-ups are not keeper eligible, so there aren't many viable options.

I am thinking about targeting either Crabtree or Harvin near the end of the draft to give me a good keeper option next year, with a possible bonus of a late season return that I would not be counting on.

Which guy would you target, of those 2? I am not sure which one is safer at this point.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys, question for you.

14 team keeper league, Non-PPR. To keep a player, you must give up a pick 4 rounds higher than where you drafted that player the year before and free agent pick-ups are not keeper eligible, so there aren't many viable options.

I am thinking about targeting either Crabtree or Harvin near the end of the draft to give me a good keeper option next year, with a possible bonus of a late season return that I would not be counting on.

Which guy would you target, of those 2? I am not sure which one is safer at this point.

Damn..thats a good idea if you up for the wasted roster space for 10+ weeks! I'd be all over Harvin

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tlance is thinking ahead to 2014. Wow. I guess it all depends on how many bench spots you have? If you only have 4 or 5 is it worth the risk of an even shorter bench? I'm guessing you're liking it either way.

Given the choice, I'd take Crabtree.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tlance is thinking ahead to 2014. Wow. I guess it all depends on how many bench spots you have? If you only have 4 or 5 is it worth the risk of an even shorter bench? I'm guessing you're liking it either way.

Given the choice, I'd take Crabtree.

:agree:

MUCH better change of him making it back in time to help you this year. .... push in numbers for next.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell. depending on roster size and how many you can keep I might even think about getting them both.....or grab one and hope like hell the guy that grabs the other one drops him in midseason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote is Crabtree however i'm sure that i guy with your knowledge will only be able to make that decision as the draft takes shape.

What if a Hopkins or a G Bernard or some one else of that ilk is available later than they should be you may be apt to grab them.

However to answer the question as posed....Crabtree is my choice .Harvin isn't worth the headache..

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Banishment. The destruction of all things CBS left thousands, if not hundreds, without a source of comfort and all things fantasy. The 11 and 4 were suddenly scattered throughout cyberspace, forbidden from assembling together. Thus, there was much sadness.

Wil of White and the commoner Joe of Average engaged on quest to unite the 11 and 4. Using extrasensory perception of Nee, or ESPN, our mighty yet humble band of heroes attempted to join forces once more. But the destruction of all things CBS had a profound effect on ESPN.

Meanwhile the Proud Master Foot was not-so secretly at work building a Death Star, known only as “MWHS.” A narcissistic lair that would enable him to control unsuspecting fantasy apprentices that approached. He would lure them with promises of games and accuracy. All of Master Foot’s plans were orchestrated through his top henchmen, known only has CJ1K and MJD the Lisfranc. If only Journeyman Ryan of Tannehill was as accurate. But I digress, since many a henchman have fallen at the tyrannical reign of Master Foot – the suddenly unwanted Joe of Flacco and Beast Hillis to name two.

Weeks, if not days, had passed and the 11 and 4 were suffering the effects of non-fantasy discussions and camaraderie. There was much sadness.

When suddenly, Wil of White was drawn to the golden glow emanating from the SportsHoopla of Sports. Using his natural ability of superior reasoning and all things organized, Sir Wil then summoned Joe of Average to assemble the Keepers of the Flame in the shadow of the MWHS Death Star.

And so it came to pass that in the Fourth month on the twenty-first day, the 11 and 4 began to return from their banishment. Sam of Sports, Fuzzy of Yellow, Doug of Beer, Dub of Cheese, Scape of Goat. Alas, some of our heroes are still unaccounted for, such as Hawk the Prophet and Dog of Strange Avatar. Thus, there was much sadness.

However the strong Treff of Lost Avi was bitter over the banishment due to what he had lost, and solemnly vowed to the remnant of the 11 and 4 that he would execute vengeance. And Treff of Lost Avi did so vow in extreme profanities to excess.

Joe are you left handed....Well done :clap:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if i am reading this right but it seems a little insulting to the old Foot!

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if i am reading this right but it seems a little insulting to the old Foot!

No.

The story is pure fiction. Any similarities to persons either living or dead is coincidental.

Foot, you gave us over 368 MBBRL pages of notes that we had to do something with.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timetable for return is pretty similar but in the best case favors Harvin by a few weeks (6-8 months from late May for Crabtree; 3-6 months from early August for Harvin).

Lynch should still be effective in 2014, while SF may be searching for a RB.

I think Crabtree was going as high as he was based on Kaep locking in on him, but Kaep will now get plenty of experience without him; Harvin was going a round or so higher than Crabtree based on his potential in Seattle, and I don't see why that would change.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell. depending on roster size and how many you can keep I might even think about getting them both.....or grab one and hope like hell the guy that grabs the other one drops him in midseason.

I would have a really hard time keeping both, but 1 I think I can manage with 5 bench spots. If one of them were dropped, they would no longer be keeper eligible, which is kind of the point, because I don't see either player being more than a desperation play in this year's fantasy playoffs. I think both will be eased back in slowly.

I am torn because I feel like Harvin has more long term upside, but I also feel like he is more injury prone. One of the reasons I feel like I can make this work is because I have Alfred Morris as an 11th round keeper. I always like to draft a lottery ticket WR and an RB between rounds 12-15 who I hopefully never need to play. Why not one of these guys?

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking about targeting either Crabtree or Harvin near the end of the draft

If this is truly a play for next year. I would go with Harvin. I think he has more explosive potential.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go Crabtree, Harvin seems to be always hurt, also starting out with a new team where he's getting no reps with to build chemistry where Crabtree already has something with Kap when he comes back

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've been reading about this hip surgery, the outlook is not as optimistic as say an ACL type surgery. I agree with TK.

Sometimes we so focused on "potential" we forget about waking up each Sunday morning to check the status of our players. And Harvin seems to be one of those guys that is either Questionable or Doubtful. His Migraines are acting up again. Or his hip is bothering him. If he does play, will he play the whole game? A half? Only a few snaps?

Do Harvin owners really want that headache (no pun) every Sunday all season long?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, even with all of that..which is all valid..but..
Harvin was a strong WR2 playing second fiddle to AP, on a team with Christian freakin' Ponder...nothing that anyone can bring up about Harvin vs Crabtree could sway me off Harvin because of those two facts.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting coming from huge Kaeps fan. That reinforces my belief in Harvin even with all the injury baggage. Tomorrow I go after harvin in my keeper league. Anyone think what I am offering is too much. I going to offer Miles Austin, Emannual sanders, This is an IDp keeper so als Lance briggs. What say you all? And I know I have asked this question again but didn;t get a great response so i'm trying again.