• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ears were burning. Sorry that I haven't been by lately, guys. Been pretty busy lately with the honey-do list, 2 funerals (great-aunt and my dad's cousin), the 4th of July, and swamped at work. Not sure when all this hectic hustle and bustle is gonna end but I'll try drop in more.

Good to see you back Duff ......

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way- When did you guys rank the QBs and where?

Those are some early rankings... not yet the ones for our MBBRL contest (which Ram won last year, pulling past Sam and yours truly in the final weeks).

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So neither one was the Browns fan from the article link?

Nope, neither was the one in that article, but they were big Browns fans. I got quite a kick out of that article and I saw it on the evening news the night before. Just goes to show you that if you are a die-hard Browns fan, you have to have a good sense of humor to get through all these rotten seasons we've had for the last 15-20 years. Beer/liquor and fantasy football helps too. That and a poor memory or no real sense of reality since every year we pray that "maybe this is our year." :hope:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Cleveland. Drafted LeBron and he left and got a championship in Miami. Drafted Sabathia and he left and won a championship with the Yankees. Drafted Manny Ramirez and he left and won championships with the freaking Red Sox. And the entire Browns organization left and won championships in Baltimore.

Two outs away in 1997 (I was rooting for you).

Burn on, big river, burn on.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are some early rankings... not yet the ones for our MBBRL contest (which Ram won last year, pulling past Sam and yours truly in the final weeks).

While I reserve the right to change my mind, those are my rankings for the MBBRL deal. Only thing that would change for me is a catastrophic injury between now and whenever that deadline is. I feel confident that I have any battles (Vick v Files, ect,) pegged right.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sitting here wondering why and how the Bills have not signed Byrd yet. You pay ball hawk safeties, period. This is disgusting.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi MBBRL fellas.... I have been on the grind for some time now but it hasn't been all work and no play but pretty darn close. :)

Ok, I still got my fishing in and golf in and of course call of duty 2 in~

If you can spare a moment it'd be cool to hear your thoughts on a website which I'm involved in over at StatChat.com

The site is live for visitors to click around on pages but since we are still beta testing on the Game Center, you will not be able to register until after the All-Star break.

Check it out and if not no worries either.

-MBBRL is getting close, oh so close to the 3rd season- :peace2:

-DUB-

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can spare a moment it'd be cool to hear your thoughts on a website which
I'm involved in over at StatChat.com
Cool site DUB. I should get a better idea once it is live. My wife will be glad to hear that I am not gambling when I play fantasy!

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool site DUB. I should get a better idea once it is live. My wife will be glad to hear that I am not gambling when I play fantasy!

Hi Fuzzies,

Thanks for taking a moment to check out the site. The site will be live after the all-star game so feel free to stop in again and finish the tour. :suds:

Take it easy,

-DUB-

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news 4 Marshawn Lynch owners and potential draftees. Looks like his legal case regarding the DUI last summer won't be settled until this December. Lynch owners catch another break as it looks like he won't get his suspension until 2014...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news 4 Marshawn Lynch owners and potential draftees. Looks like his legal case regarding the DUI last summer won't be settled until this December. Lynch owners catch another break as it looks like he won't get his suspension until 2014...

bahh! ...I had high hopes for Turbin!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How funny is this: Per Rotoworld

Maurice Jones-Drew says players get updates on their fantasy matchups during games.
Analysis: Jones-Drew is an avid fantasy player that has actually hosted a fantasy football show on SiriusXM, so perhaps he's a special case. But one story he told is actually a little disconcerting. "I was playing against [Greg Jones]. And we have our equipment guys keep us up on [the fantasy scores] during games. You know who you have and you see when you're not on the field obviously but...I think if I scored, I was going to [beat Jones]. We got onto the 1-yard line, and they were like, `We better call this run play.' I'm like, 'Greg, don't do it.' And he looked at me and he winked. And I was like 'Greg.' It's not time to play. This is bigger than [winning in fantasy]. Let's not do this." When asked what the wink meant, Jones-Drew said Jones wasn't going to block.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How funny is this: Per Rotoworld

Maurice Jones-Drew says players get updates on their fantasy matchups during games.
Analysis: Jones-Drew is an avid fantasy player that has actually hosted a fantasy football show on SiriusXM, so perhaps he's a special case. But one story he told is actually a little disconcerting. "I was playing against [Greg Jones]. And we have our equipment guys keep us up on [the fantasy scores] during games. You know who you have and you see when you're not on the field obviously but...I think if I scored, I was going to [beat Jones]. We got onto the 1-yard line, and they were like, `We better call this run play.' I'm like, 'Greg, don't do it.' And he looked at me and he winked. And I was like 'Greg.' It's not time to play. This is bigger than [winning in fantasy]. Let's not do this." When asked what the wink meant, Jones-Drew said Jones wasn't going to block.

Yea I read that too. A different shade of the 'prevent defense'. ..... I wonder just how many fantasy games have been lost in garbage time stats. ....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if any NFL players really stop trying (or try less than 100%) in a game so they can win in fantasy. That could be pretty controversial -- which is why MJD probably said it to begin with -- if players are tanking plays at the end of games.

I doubt any players really do that stuff, since you know, their jobs depend on performance as much as anything, but it is still interesting to hear that fantasy implications have bearing in a live, in-game huddle.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a reminder for everybody:

The draft will be Sunday, August 18th, 8pm ET (7 PM CT, 6 PM MT...).

"A" league
Old hands: Fuzzy, Treff, Lefty, Duff, wil, Scape, Joe
Newcomers: Ram, Tlance
Rescued by CBS attrition: DUB, TKO, Sam

"B" league
Monkey
Barilko
Drone

We'll start calling out for the 9 open spots come August. Hopefully there will be more posters. I'm open to Gabby's Dad coming in, but I'd like to see more posts from him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my two cents, but I've listened in on the "MJD" Fantasy football radio show, and its a flippin' joke. First off, there are two tools that are the actual "hosts", and their "advice" is questionable at best, and MJD might be one helluva a pro athlete, but he's a rank amateur in fantasy for some unknown reason. But, they only whore his name to get someone to listen anyways, so MJD's input is minimal. I think Foot might even be able to host a more informative show.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will, I'll toss SOX33OSU up for nomination of in the B league if he's interested. He had some good opinions in a few of the Rankings threads

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're throwing out nominations, I'll toss Gabby in.

I'm open to Gabby's Dad coming in, but I'd like to see more posts from him.

Keep in mind that there were plenty of "posts" on CBS, but not all were MBBRL worthy. Not to mention that the SportsHoopla boards are a little quieter compared to CBS.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey packerzrule was on the boards a lot last year...........do we throw him an invite?