• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it is okay to have a glaring weakness early. At least I know where to focus my waiver efforts.
Interesting thought.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'll talk through my thinking in the draft - especially for Sam's benefit.

1st: Luck (#6) - yes, I like Hill best among RBs, but only by a shade. To me Luck is much more of a sure-fire difference maker.

2nd: AJ Green - to take a RB here, it would have to have been a standout above what was left... was really disappointed to miss Cobb by one pick. Still, AJ Green should be a solid WR1, but without the ceiling I saw for Cobb even before the Jordy injury.

3rd: Graham - I think Russell will love throwing to Graham. It will make them hard to defend in the red zone. (And Graham won't let rookie CBs jump the ball.)

4th: Wanted Andre Johnson but Ram took him... time to think about a RB... Foster... with the three guys we have the team would be crazy good with a healthy Foster... looks like the surgery went well... will he make it back in the fifth? Tough with these guys.... Anybody else I'm willing to risk losing Foster for? Latavius Murray? Screw it. Foster. That means I'll be chasing questionable RBs - but when?

5th: High on Maclin. Not high on any Yeldon or Jennings or any of the other RBs likely to go in the next rounds. So it's Maclin, and it looks like apart from Foster, Sam's team is now going have to depend on the normal RB volatility and load up on RBs late in an attempt to find this year's J. Hill/Miller/Joique/Ingram.

6th: Only 4 RBs went before this pick as the obvious choices are running thin. Spiller is in the queue but Milk grabs him as the last of the four. Brandon Marshall is still there. The decision has essentially already been made - Sam's gonna have 1 QB, 1 TE, 3 WR, 1 RB1 and seven late RBs. The upside of a RB here looks lower than Marshall... so Marshall it is.

7th: Can Doug Martin make it back? That would be a solid pick this late. Lefty thinks so, too and snipes him. Bit of a scramble at this pick looking for a high-potential RB. Sankey is bad, Shonn Greene is gone, and the Titans should be a bit better than last year. Seeing a "Cobb" on there will make me feel better about missing on Randall. Alfred Blue is is the queue so I don't forget to take him in the 12th.

8th: What? Milk took Alfred Blue? Dang. Um... you know, I don't think many people are even going to take RBs for a while now. So let's grab a DST... liking the Bills: top D last year, and then add Rexy and two legit Buffalo RBs... the other team may not see much of the ball.

9th: So taking a DST in the 8th, crazy as it looked, was actually completely harmless, because Andre Williams was the only RB taken and he wasn't in my queue. Time to just take whichever RB is behind the next RB I'll bet against, which is Ellington (with a side of CJ2bullets), so I take David Johnson. Maybe I'll take Chis Polk in the 12th instead of Blue to give Sam a shot at a Texans RB while Foster is out.

10th: Tlance took Chris Polk! What the freak? Well... if I hold my nose and take Sankey Sam will be assured of at least one starting RB to start the season. So Sankey it is.

11th: My next favorite failure is Hyde, but not clear what happens behind him... Reggie should get touches regardless, enough to at least plug him in at RB2 for a few weeks as Foster rehabs.

12th: Herron. Figured I could wait on this guy, but he may be my favorite pick in the draft. If Gore manages to do anything significant at age 32, he will be a member of a very, very select group of RBs. I wouldn't have bet against him if he stayed put - but now he has to do it with a new team. Herron looked pretty capable when he was in there last year, and even if Gore is healthy he should get plenty of play in the passing game.

13th: Better a good kicker than a better end-of-the-bench RB, so Hauschka. He has a late bye.

14th: Well, Jay Ajayi showed up in both my and Sam's rankings, so Ajayi it is (although he would be shipped off to Nowheresville to pick up Hillman on waivers after Chef inexplicably dropped him).

So the remainder of the pre-season is essentially a waiting game to see who can emerge out of that stable of Foster and the six dwarves. Patience, Sam!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to drop my man crush, but didn't want to pin my hopes to waivers in a month at QB.

Looking to move Crowell and Duke (package or separate), for a WR3.

Will also look to add Martavis in that package, scratch the WR3 and get an RB upgrade.

And I'm not sure about Tannehill's trade value (assuming not much), but if he helps in a deal, I'm willing.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'll talk through my thinking in the draft - especially for Sam's benefit.

1st: Luck (#6) - yes, I like Hill best among RBs, but only by a shade. To me Luck is much more of a sure-fire difference maker.

2nd: AJ Green - to take a RB here, it would have to have been a standout above what was left... was really disappointed to miss Cobb by one pick. Still, AJ Green should be a solid WR1, but without the ceiling I saw for Cobb even before the Jordy injury.

3rd: Graham - I think Russell will love throwing to Graham. It will make them hard to defend in the red zone. (And Graham won't let rookie CBs jump the ball.)

4th: Wanted Andre Johnson but Ram took him... time to think about a RB... Foster... with the three guys we have the team would be crazy good with a healthy Foster... looks like the surgery went well... will he make it back in the fifth? Tough with these guys.... Anybody else I'm willing to risk losing Foster for? Latavius Murray? Screw it. Foster. That means I'll be chasing questionable RBs - but when?

5th: High on Maclin. Not high on any Yeldon or Jennings or any of the other RBs likely to go in the next rounds. So it's Maclin, and it looks like apart from Foster, Sam's team is now going have to depend on the normal RB volatility and load up on RBs late in an attempt to find this year's J. Hill/Miller/Joique/Ingram.

6th: Only 4 RBs went before this pick as the obvious choices are running thin. Spiller is in the queue but Milk grabs him as the last of the four. Brandon Marshall is still there. The decision has essentially already been made - Sam's gonna have 1 QB, 1 TE, 3 WR, 1 RB1 and seven late RBs. The upside of a RB here looks lower than Marshall... so Marshall it is.

7th: Can Doug Martin make it back? That would be a solid pick this late. Lefty thinks so, too and snipes him. Bit of a scramble at this pick looking for a high-potential RB. Sankey is bad, Shonn Greene is gone, and the Titans should be a bit better than last year. Seeing a "Cobb" on there will make me feel better about missing on Randall. Alfred Blue is is the queue so I don't forget to take him in the 12th.

8th: What? Milk took Alfred Blue? Dang. Um... you know, I don't think many people are even going to take RBs for a while now. So let's grab a DST... liking the Bills: top D last year, and then add Rexy and two legit Buffalo RBs... the other team may not see much of the ball.

9th: So taking a DST in the 8th, crazy as it looked, was actually completely harmless, because Andre Williams was the only RB taken and he wasn't in my queue. Time to just take whichever RB is behind the next RB I'll bet against, which is Ellington (with a side of CJ2bullets), so I take David Johnson. Maybe I'll take Chis Polk in the 12th instead of Blue to give Sam a shot at a Texans RB while Foster is out.

10th: Tlance took Chris Polk! What the freak? Well... if I hold my nose and take Sankey Sam will be assured of at least one starting RB to start the season. So Sankey it is.

11th: My next favorite failure is Hyde, but not clear what happens behind him... Reggie should get touches regardless, enough to at least plug him in at RB2 for a few weeks as Foster rehabs.

12th: Herron. Figured I could wait on this guy, but he may be my favorite pick in the draft. If Gore manages to do anything significant at age 32, he will be a member of a very, very select group of RBs. I wouldn't have bet against him if he stayed put - but now he has to do it with a new team. Herron looked pretty capable when he was in there last year, and even if Gore is healthy he should get plenty of play in the passing game.

13th: Better a good kicker than a better end-of-the-bench RB, so Hauschka. He has a late bye.

14th: Well, Jay Ajayi showed up in both my and Sam's rankings, so Ajayi it is (although he would be shipped off to Nowheresville to pick up Hillman on waivers after Chef inexplicably dropped him).

So the remainder of the pre-season is essentially a waiting game to see who can emerge out of that stable of Foster and the six dwarves. Patience, Sam!
Well done Will! I have absolutely no problem at all with the team you drafted and again I appreciate all you've done with these 2 drafts..................and yeah, I was laughing while I read this

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
steelers and Chef, both offering tough ones to me...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back, Big T! :suds:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Keepers of the Flame are active. So far there have been 10 add/drops already.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Keepers of the Flame are active. So far there have been 10 add/drops already.

I wish I didn't break my seal. No stopping me now. Duke has a concussion. He might get the impatient boot from me. Anyone want him? Offer me a WR that I can't get on waivers....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if some of these rookies didn't play for last-place, terrible offenses, I might have some interest.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha on me...............so in my keeper league I can keep 2 but have to keep 1. Was gonna keep Foster and try to redraft Cobb if no upgrade. Down goes Foster, no biggie, I'll keep Cobb and redraft Foster in the 6th.............now maybe Cobb is hurt?????? My options: Cobb if OK, LatMurray and Dougie Martin.........looks like a rebuilding year................

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn TKO!

I go to make you an offer for Duke and he is already gone. Oh well.

FYI to all:

The only way I move Gronk is if there is a top 6 RB in the return package. The weekly advantage I have at the TE spot is my only hope right now, so unless you solve my RB worries I am not moving him.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn TKO!

I go to make you an offer for Duke and he is already gone. Oh well.

FYI to all:

The only way I move Gronk is if there is a top 6 RB in the return package. The weekly advantage I have at the TE spot is my only hope right now, so unless you solve my RB worries I am not moving him.

I don't sit on concussions.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest. I went in there to pick up Duke Johnson, but couldn't figure out anybody to drop to get him. I guess that means I still like my team.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!! What did I miss!? @tlance sighting!?

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back T

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little help guys. I am sticking my toe into IDP. One of my friends here in Denver invited into an old time league that had an opening. 7 IDP players in starting lineup- 10 team league. Recommendations for a good site for IDP research?
thanks