• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little help guys. I am sticking my toe into IDP. One of my friends here in Denver invited into an old time league that had an opening. 7 IDP players in starting lineup- 10 team league. Recommendations for a good site for IDP research?
thanks

For rankings and comments, FantasyPros.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Chef- Just what I was looking for. Draft is this weekend so I have plenty of time to research.

Good luck. I'm doing my first IDP and I'm pretty lost. Probably gonna take me a good chunk of the season to get a good grasp of it.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little help guys. I am sticking my toe into IDP. One of my friends here in Denver invited into an old time league that had an opening. 7 IDP players in starting lineup- 10 team league. Recommendations for a good site for IDP research?
Agree w/ Chef - use FantasyPros.

My advice is: don't steer too far off course from rounding out your offensive starters first. IDP can wait. Most IDP start getting drafted in round 8 or 9.
IDP is very fluid and less predictable than offensive players. In other words, don't reach for too many IDP.
LB will start getting drafted first. But they're are a lot of them. JJ Watt will be the first DL off the board. After Watt, the value of the DL drops dramatically, so its ok to wait on the DL.
Of even less value are the DB. Unlike the real NFL, guys like Revis and Sherman are fantasy duds because most teams tend to throw away from them which drops their tackle stats, etc.
Clear as mud?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Joe hit it pretty dead on.

I like to view the vast majority of IDP's just like kickers. For the most part, they're pretty interchangeable, with little value difference from one to the next. ..but they are funner to keep track of than kickers, so there is that

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a 12 team, start 6 defensive players draft the other day. I will post the draft results if you think that will help you guys any. I think people take defensive players far too early. J.J. Watt is the only worth a pick before round 8 IMHO. You always want to get your defensive lineman and defensive backs first and then worry about your linebackers because there are always plenty of linebackers. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB and we have 8 bench spots. Some guys draft defenders way too early I think. The hard part is not to get sucked in just because other guys start drafting defense early. The running backs and wide receivers that will still be available late will shock you. Here is the draft. Hope this helps guys and hopefully you can blow it up enough to see it.

Rounds_1_9.jpg

Rounds_10_18.jpg

Rounds_19_22.jpg

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ Watt in the 3rd round?!?!?! And then takes another DL in round 8!?!?!? Yikes!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@canesandfinsfanatic - Wondering why you like Mike Wallace so much? Talent aside, I just don't see it with the Vikes.

Loved him on 60 Minutes, tho.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@canesandfinsfanatic - Wondering why you like Mike Wallace so much? Talent aside, I just don't see it with the Vikes.

Loved him on 60 Minutes, tho.

Um that's a tough question to answer because I don't like him that much. It wasn't me that drafted him in the 3rd round, that was some other jackass. I have him ranked around 90th so the 3rd round seemed a bit of a stretch for me. :D

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Yellow Fuzzies - the draft that Bandit put up - particularly team 8 - is a great example of how not to put too much emphasis on IDP.

Look at some of the marginal offensive players team 8 drafted late at the expense of his IDP reaches early. If team 8 does NOT finish dead last, I'll be shocked.

Besides JJ Watt (who may be the IDP equivalent of a Gronk), there are at least 70-80 offensive players that are better than the top IDP.

Of course, much depends on your league's scoring of IDP, but in most leagues, IDP put up similar fantasy points as kickers. (And a few elite kickers are better than most IDP.) Hope that puts it into perspective.

Last edited:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome guys I do not do IDP however the feedback was great and very insightful.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wilwhite @TREFF @averagejoe @Barilko @leftypower @Chef99 @canesandfinsfanatic @TKOSpikes @Yellow Fuzzies @tlance @Reverend Jim @Microwahevo @MilkSpiller22 @HaroldSeattle

Hey guise (and I know I'm leaving some folks out, I just can't remember all) just a quick update on "My LIfe" written, produced and directed by Sam, oops I mean Ana..............so things are still kinda funky but the familia is getting used to being around each other again so that's a good thing. I have to get things straightened out with this family before I can get back to normal with my other family (that would be you knuckleheads). I know I have not contributed much if anything at all this season so far (and that includes and especially baseball Jim; you da man and I owe you one..............or 12)........anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is I know as a member of the MBBRL in either fooseball or baseball you need to contribute and I just haven't YET this season but I plan on being back to my old smart assed self and on tBoards way more shortly but I have to kinda "ease" myself back in....................remember, Ana is the wife in MyWifeHatesSundays and as much as I want to change that it's not gonna happen so I need her to stay that wife rather than MyWIfeHatesMe..........and if I forgot to mention somebody it wasn't a slight in the slightest of slighting people who should be slighted, I just forgot. Again, special shout outs to Jim and Will! Thanks Fellas!:suds:

BTW, if you haven't checked out the new smileys lately you should...........they be funny and stuff.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I sense trade talks heating up...:D
I have like 26 RB's to trade.................and the only one I don't want to trade might not even play until week 8! Graham is not on the table unless I get mad value for him (is Foot in this league or the B...........I forget).......and I won't make any trades with out consulting Will first of course............after all...............WE ARE WORTBOYS! or is it WhiteBoys, or Swill...........

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to get things straightened out with this family before I can get back to normal with my other family (that would be you knuckleheads).
I'll believe that when I see an avitar change. I sense a Wendy O or Dead Kennedys on the horizon. No pressure.