• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well trade one is done. . Put my money where my mouth is in the Peterson thread. . All offers I sent out earlier with Julio Jones in it. . Sorry but he's on Team Ram now.

Jones, D. Martin for Peterson, Z. Ertz.. all need a QB.. and a RB upgrade on Tate/Sankey/Sproles

Man this is quite the trade. Treff- you showed some huevos with this deal. You will deserve the benefits if this one pans out. Nice play!!! :clap::clap::clap:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this is quite the trade. Treff- you showed some huevos with this deal. You will deserve the benefits if this one pans out. Nice play!!! :clap::clap::clap:

There's a fine line between having huevos and being an idiot, going down in brilliant flames. Fingers crossed that its the former

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy.. here goes. ...

Every Sunday I eat the same breakfast, bacon eggs hashbrowns, slathered in white gravy. I drink coffee from the same cup. .a black South Park one with Timmy on it. Then, I write down my team, my opponent's team and color code them with highlighters for easy tracking as to when the game is on so that I'll know with one glance which still has players left. Then I search the program guide and write down which channels their games are on for fast flipping. And then I enter both teams in the Direct TV player tracker. And if that isn't done by kickoff if the first game's kickoff the day is shot.

Happy now?

My Sunday ritual: I get up early 5-6:00. I work on paperwork for my business to divert my attention (if no paperwork, I head to the gym) until about 9:30 MST then I sit down to breakfast with my wife. By then it is football time-I either flip on the TV with the computer handy or I head to the Broncos game. With no kids at home my time is my own!!!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Treff you must thoroughly convinced that Peterson plays again this year. I'm not so convinced the league is going to let him off that easily. IMHO you just donated Julio Jones to one of the best teams in the league, but if it works out more power to you. The other problem is that he's not going to play any time soon anyway, so I don't see it mattering for you at all unless you make the playoffs.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, you must have noticed I was pretty well screwed this week for a RB and like a stupid fool I'll roll with Keaps.............so you have your QB and I have a RB kinda like the one I gave away for Jordy so I think I end up on the good end of the stick with an actual chance to win this week................slim, but a chance!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade #2 complete. I send Sproles to Sammy for Carson Palmer..Qb issue solved for a week.

Now. . Who wants to deal a RB for Bryant/Roddy/Lafell/Maclin? One offer still outstanding.

So this is how Chef feels on a daily basis? Fascinating

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Treff you must thoroughly convinced that Peterson plays again this year. I'm not so convinced the league is going to let him off that easily. IMHO you just donated Julio Jones to one of the best teams in the league, but if it works out more power to you. The other problem is that he's not going to play any time soon anyway, so I don't see it mattering for you at all unless you make the playoffs.
I think he plays within 2-3 weeks, there's absolutely no rule or law they can fall back on to keep him out. They either activate him or cut him, and someone will be there to catch him, there always is

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bwahahahah.....................I'd bet just about anything he sees 10 targets a game.

(KFFL)Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon won't be guaranteed anything when he returns from his suspension later this month, according to general manager Ray Farmer. "I would say to disrupt what you do offensively just to make sure you throw the ball to Josh Gordon ... I don't know that that's really the right way to operate," Farmer said. "Is he a phenomenal talent? Sure. I'd tell you that. He is a talented young man. He can do a lot of good things. But do you disrupt what you are to make sure that one person gets the ball?" The Browns have won four of their last five games

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade #2 complete. I send Sproles to Sammy for Carson Palmer..Qb issue solved for a week.

Now. . Who wants to deal a RB for Bryant/Roddy/Lafell/Maclin? One offer still outstanding.

So this is how Chef feels on a daily basis? Fascinating

It is fun, isn't it? This is looking like a slow week for me, so I'll let you take the reins. ;)

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he plays within 2-3 weeks, there's absolutely no rule or law they can fall back on to keep him out. They either activate him or cut him, and someone will be there to catch him, there always is

You very well might be right, but for me, I just wouldn't want to win a championship with him on my roster. That goes for Ray Rice too. This is finally the year that the shit storm of indecent human beings has gotten to me. I know that I might have a pretty thin roster to choose from soon, but maybe I can at least root for my guys without feeling guilty. With that being said though, I know it's such a fine line with these guys because if you dissect them enough, you could only own Tim Tebow on your team.

Last edited by a moderator:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You very well might be right, but for me, I just wouldn't want to win a championship with him on my roster. That goes for Ray Rice too. This is finally the year that the shit storm of indecent human beings has gotten to me. I know that I might have a pretty thin roster to choose from soon, but maybe I can at least root for my guys without feeling guilty.

Well I sure won't argue your moral standing on the issue, wouldn't even question it. Guess for whatever reason I compartmentalize the person. . who I find despicable, (AP, Rice, Vick, Chris Beniot), from the other half. Maybe that's something wrong with me, but that's the way I've always seen it.

So as much as I personally would like to see them all never play again, they will/are, and someone is going to benefit from it, may as well take a shot that is me. Again that's just me, and I'm in no way saying your stance is wrong.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is fun, isn't it? This is looking like a slow week for me, so I'll let you take the reins. ;)

Fun? Not sure that's the word Id use, especially given the substance of the first deal. ..frigging scary is more like it

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I very well have screwed the pooch.. but I wasn't gonna win anything standing pat, so, throwing up my best Doug Flutie Hail Mary

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I very well have screwed the pooch.. but I wasn't gonna win anything standing pat, so, throwing up my best Doug Flutie Hail Mary

Why do you have to bring up things that happened to my Canes, that's just wrong Treff. :lol:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Doug Martin doesn't last 2 weeks on Ram's team. .... Got Julio on a speculative RB and an up and down TE - - well done. ....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe - BTW - just wanted to let you know that I wasn't ignoring your posts on our matchup. I have this tradition (quirk?) whereby I never look at my opponents players and do not check matchup progress until Monday morn. Silly, weird or whatever you wish to call it. But there was a time when I locked myself to the computer and steadily tracked progress during all the games - but I found myself mainly pulling against their players and sort of lost the fun of just watching the games. I still keep tabs and pull for my players (since I know who they are) but generally have no idea who I'm playing against - just that if I don't have them somewhere then I must be playing them somewhere. ..... ok, that's mine - bet some of you do something weirdly similar. ....

No worries, Lefty. I wasn't expecting responses. I was merely justifying my lineup changes. Even if had I left Sanu in as a starter, I still would have lost by 9 points. Losing Gio and Rodgers in week 10 hurt. Good game.

And like you, I don't do much "bantering" during games either. My 3 posts were all pre-game.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 9 Recap

There's a new Ram in Charge - Ram reeled off his 5th straight win taking over the #1 seed in the A league with his victory over Sam moving both to 7-2 with Ram having the head-to-head tiebreaker. Ram got consistently good games from Brees, Ellington, Denard Robinson, Emmanuel Sanders, Dwayne Allen, Shane Vereen, and Gostkowski all scoring in double digits and Sam couldn't overcome that although he did have a lot of points on his bench starting Donte Moncrief (0 points) and Branden Oliver (1 point) over Vincent Jackson (8) Julian Edelman (14) Eric Decker (12) and starting over Kaepernick (12) over Palmer (25).

The best and the worst - Fuzzy put up the highest score in the A league last week with a 116 and he only needed about half of that as Bandit put up the lowest score in the A league with a 59. Fuzzy got a great game from Luck (38) and Morris (22) and the 60 points he got from those two would have been enough. The only player Bandit had in double digits was Peyton's 25. Fuzzy moves to 5-4 tied with Joe for first in the Athos division and Bandit relinquished the wild card spot to Tlance falling to 5-3-1.

Treff's Chargers bite the big one - The story of this game was the Chargers surprising goose egg against the Dolphins. The 3 Chargers in Treff's lineup combined for -1 points with Rivers (-3) the biggest disappointment possibly for the whole season last week. Treff tried to come back with a great game from Maclin and Martavis Bryant, but the hole was just too big. Tlance got big games from Ingram and consistent games from Robert Griffin, D Thomas, Lamar Miller, the Eagles D, and Hauschka. Treff falls to 3rd place in the Athos half a game back of Joe and Fuzzy and Tlance moves to 6-3 and takes over the wild card spot over Bandit.

Lefty's running backs slow down the Sloths - Lefty got 25 from Lynch, 17 from Hillman, and 11 from Rainey on his way to the victory over Joe 99-75. He also got 19 out of his kicker which never hurts. Joe's RB's, WR's, TE, and flex combined for 23 points and that was too much to overcome even with good games from Dalton and the vaunted Dolphins D. He did leave 15 on the bench with Sanu, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Lefty moves to 5-4 two games behind Ram in the Aramis division and Joe falls to 5-4 tied for first with Fuzzy.

Dilwuff on a roll - The White Beers have found their mojo and have won 3 straight behind the resurgence of Jamaal Charles, T.Y. Hilton, Gronk, and the Seahawks D although they will now have to roll with Eli with Foles' injury last week. TKO had a wide array of disappointments this week led by Russell Wilson who only managed 10 points against the Raiders and Frank Gore who only managed 4. Never a good sign when your highest scorers are Travis Kelce and the Browns D. Dilwuff moves to 4-5 on the season and TKO falls to 2-7.

Can't catch a break - Monkey put up 108 points behind strong games from Alex Smith, Jeremy Hill, Deandre Hopkins, Jimmy Graham, A.J. Green, and the Dallas D, but it turned out not to be enough as Barilko scored 114 behind the monster game of Tom Brady and good games from Antonio Brown, Lesean Mccoy, Terrance West, the Bengals D and Caleb Sturgis. I think Barilko has some kind of Canadian voodoo that made the Brown all of the sudden decide that West would get more carries than Ben Tate. Barilko moves to 3-6 and Monkey stays unundefeated at 0-9.

Notes from the A league

Sam has the points lead is tied for the best record with Ram. He is also 2nd in breakdown even with his disappointing week.

Your A league breakdown leader is still Joe at 60-39 although it's a shame that the breakdown champ doesn't mean as much in the A league because it's a battle right now with 6 teams having at least 56 breakdown wins.

The A league has a 10159-9959 points lead over the B league which is 200 points. The B league will really have to kick it into high gear to have a chance to move more than 2 teams up.

Monkey has been eliminated from playoff contention but everybody else is still alive and your playoff teams if the season ended today would be:

#1 Ram (7-2 leading Aramis division) based on his head-to-head win over Sam
#2 Sam (7-2 leading Porthos division)
#3 Joe (5-4 tied for lead in Athos) based on his head-to-head win over Fuzzy
#4 Tlance (6-3 best remaining record)

Teams that would fall to the B league based on power rankings (2):

Monkey (3 power ranking)
TKO (6 power ranking)

Dilwuff (13 power ranking)
Lefty (13 power ranking)
Treff (14 power ranking)

MBBRL_WEEK_9.jpg

B league recap to follow