• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys I need your expertise and opinions here. I am in a 10 team hardcore league (the hardcore just means that we have no benches) and I have the most points in the league by about 150 right now and I am 6-3. We start one QB, one RB, one WR, 3 flex (RB, WR, TE), 1 IDP, 1 defense, 1 kicker. This is my team right now and remember, the only way you can pick anybody up is to drop somebody because there's no bench. Oh yeah, scoring is half point PPR, 4 point QB touchdowns, decimal scoring, everything else standard.

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Matt Forte
WR - Julio Jones
Flex 1 - Leveon Bell
Flex 2 - Justin Forsett
Flex 3 - Jeremy Maclin
IDP - Luke Kuechly
K- Mason Crosby
Def - Broncos this week but I've been streaming

That part was just so you could all go Holy Shit nice team, but here's the question I have. Next week Forsett is on bye, so should I drop Forsett and pick up Josh Gordon or just roll with Forsett the rest of the year? Yes I know that Gordon isn't playing until week 12 either but since I won't be getting any points out of Forsett next week anyway that would be the perfect time to add Gordon if I'm going to do it. Thoughts?

Bandit, I think the grab Gordon for Forsett plan is borderline genius. With the 150 point lead you can afford the blank. You know I am a Gordon lover. He should score more points ROS than Forsett or anyone else on waivers even with an extra week of scoring. I would grab Gordon as soon as possible next week as I suspect someone else has thought of a similar strategy.
By the way I like this format.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandit, I think the grab Gordon for Forsett plan is borderline genius. With the 150 point lead you can afford the blank. You know I am a Gordon lover. He should score more points ROS than Forsett or anyone else on waivers even with an extra week of scoring. I would grab Gordon as soon as possible next week as I suspect someone else has thought of a similar strategy.
:agree:

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may have to grab Gordon this week, if still available, Bandit, if you don't want to take the chance on missing out on him. I have a feeling somebody, in most leagues, will grab him as a last minute add before the games start on Sunday in order to by-pass next weeks waiver orders.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon had been owned in every league I'm in since the day they announced his suspension was reduced. . Grab him

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 10 Doom & Gloom Picks
Sam over Joe - not off to a good start w/ Sanu's 2 pts & Bennett's "Q." Got rid of my backup TE.
Treff over WilDuffbeast - if holy hand-grenade Maclin does well, does that mean Sanchez does as well? No.
Fuzzy adds to Monkey's woes.
Ram gets past tlance in the battle of the suddenly unhealthy rosters.

Game of the Week - All In the Family
Archie sends Meathead packing - (For the sitcom-challenged, Lefty beats his Son, even though Meathead Michael was a son-in-law.)
Game of the Week Deux - O Canada Divided
Nova Scotia forces Quebec to secede. (For the Province-challenged, TKO wins over Barilko.) And "no" this has nothing to do with Emelin's hit on Sharpie.

Alright guys I need your expertise and opinions here. I am in a 10 team hardcore league (the hardcore just means that we have no benches) and I have the most points in the league by about 150 right now and I am 6-3.

...Next week Forsett is on bye, so should I drop Forsett and pick up Josh Gordon or just roll with Forsett the rest of the year? Yes I know that Gordon isn't playing until week 12 either but since I won't be getting any points out of Forsett next week anyway that would be the perfect time to add Gordon if I'm going to do it. Thoughts?

Alright, I'll be the opposing voice. Why take chances? Stick with Forsett. There's no guarantee that Gordon plays. And there's certainly no guarantee that he puts up "2013-Norv-Turner" game numbers. Aaron Roders broke his clavicle against the Bears in early November of 2013. And who knows? They meet again in early November this Sunday. Injuries happen. If not Rodgers, maybe another of your studs.

And if this is a 10-team league with 6 offensive starters, the talent pool should still have a few gems available.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordan is the bird in the bush, who knows how he performs once he gets back. Best to hold on to the bird in hand IMO.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may have to grab Gordon this week, if still available, Bandit, if you don't want to take the chance on missing out on him. I have a feeling somebody, in most leagues, will grab him as a last minute add before the games start on Sunday in order to by-pass next weeks waiver orders.

Lol, I've been holding him in 2 leagues since all the talk about a reduced sentence............so is the other Brown fan excited to see Gordahn coming back? (I guess that's funny coming from one of 3 Ram fans..........and all 3 of us are in this league!)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to agree with grabbing Gordon, it's a risk but I'd wait until after this weeks games. At worst you still have Forsett and only give up one week of points. .... but I've been wrong on so many things this season, take my advise with a grain of salt.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I'm first this week. Probably because all of you savvy GM's are still trying to improve your teams.

Lefty over Bandit - his matchups couldn't be any better this week. Ryan against Tampa, Lynch against the Giants, Hillman against Oakland, Benjamin against Philly, Rainey against Atlanta. Just too much.

Ram over Tlance - Ram completes his sweep of the tough part of his schedule probably behind 30 points from Julio Jones.

Monkey over Fuzzy - He should have won last week and I'm picking him until he does, plus I think Jeremy Hill has another monster game tonight.

TKO over Barilko - I have no idea what is going on with Barilko's lineup but he has like 15 bench players right now and TKO needs a win.

Sam over Joe - Demarco Murray might score 50 points if they let him in this game.

Dilwuff over Treff - Ben Tate and Bishop Sankey are just too sad to pick as your starting running backs.

Week 10 picks

Sam over Joe- I guess this means that Joe will win?
Dilwuff over Treff- Dufwil is rolling. The streak continues.
Barilko over TKO- Barilko gets a boost after a come from behind win last week.
Fuzzy over Monkey- the misery continues for Monkey
Lefty over Bandit- lefty shows Bandit who is boss
Ram over Tlance- I really hope I am wrong

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 10 pick: Foot over Chef

Damn, I hope I'm wrong as well...

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 10 Doom & Gloom Picks
Sam over Joe - not off to a good start w/ Sanu's 2 pts & Bennett's "Q." Got rid of my backup TE.
Treff over WilDuffbeast - if holy hand-grenade Maclin does well, does that mean Sanchez does as well? No.
Fuzzy adds to Monkey's woes.
Ram gets past tlance in the battle of the suddenly unhealthy rosters.

Game of the Week - All In the Family
Archie sends Meathead packing - (For the sitcom-challenged, Lefty beats his Son, even though Meathead Michael was a son-in-law.)
Game of the Week Deux - O Canada Divided
Nova Scotia forces Quebec to secede. (For the Province-challenged, TKO wins over Barilko.) And "no" this has nothing to do with Emelin's hit on Sharpie.

Alright, I'll be the opposing voice. Why take chances? Stick with Forsett. There's no guarantee that Gordon plays. And there's certainly no guarantee that he puts up "2013-Norv-Turner" game numbers. Aaron Roders broke his clavicle against the Bears in early November of 2013. And who knows? They meet again in early November this Sunday. Injuries happen. If not Rodgers, maybe another of your studs.

And if this is a 10-team league with 6 offensive starters, the talent pool should still have a few gems available.

quiet a hit eh Joe!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Avi B...............saw that movie like 10 times when it first came out. Lived in a small town in Northern California (was "transferred there by my parents from LA) and the movie theater had only 1 movie for like a month. I told all my friends about these guys from SCTV and how funny they were..........

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Avi B...............saw that movie like 10 times when it first came out. Lived in a small town in Northern California (was "transferred there by my parents from LA) and the movie theater had only 1 movie for like a month. I told all my friends about these guys from SCTV and how funny they were..........

and thats how i make my picks

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, good luck Duff, Will... and everyone else. Here's to triple digits for us all

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. Colston just dropped a long TD. Perfect pass, beautiful arc, oh that would be frustrating.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such BS.

4 TDs for Peyton, 2 to Sanders and none for DT.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two to the wrong Thomas you mean?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Sam's defense has been spot this year, but I didn't think for a second he could insert a sleeper cell at QB on me. Looks like Palmer could be out for some significant time to me