• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit off topic but have you guys noticed that the majority of people posting threads on here asking for 'advise' really don't want it ?? Seems like most just want someone to reinforce their decisions, and a pat on the back for a great draft/trade/etc. ..... Maybe it's always been that way, but I've noticed a lot of quoting what you offer then basically replying with 'you're full of crap'. .... of course, may it's just me and I am. ......

Yea I've noticed the same. I never expect to change anyone's mind, but if you aren't even open to an opposing viewpoint, the only alternative is that your looking for confirmation about your opinion, and/or admiration for having such a great opinion.

I think you guys have pretty much nailed it. I know if I ever need some advice, I PM someone I trust.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Treff said the other day on this subject... (I'm paraphrasing) that maybe you don't agree, but someone may still bring up a point of view, situation or statistic that at least makes you reevaluate how you look a player. Ideally, that should be the benefit of this type of forum.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off to Disney World tomorrow, when I get back there will be one game in the bank... and hopefully a couple of Wilson to Kearse touchdowns to welcome me! ;)

So, sorry in advance if I don't get to any messages/trades/etc. Back on Friday. I'll have my phone, so maybe some fantasy is doable... :whistle: (funny thing, there was a fantasy convention at Disney World last weekend! ...had I known I could have arranged it that way! the kids would have so much more fun! .....yeah right!)

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes people ask for advice, defend their positions as if they're not listening, but eventually see the light.

kramer1, for example, did not end up keeping Kaepernick in his 14-team league.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off to Disney World tomorrow, when I get back there will be one game in the bank... and hopefully a couple of Wilson to Kearse touchdowns to welcome me! ;)

So, sorry in advance if I don't get to any messages/trades/etc. Back on Friday. I'll have my phone, so maybe some fantasy is doable... :whistle: (funny thing, there was a fantasy convention at Disney World last weekend! ...had I known I could have arranged it that way! the kids would have so much more fun! .....yeah right!)

Dude enjoy Disney World.. place is amazing, even for a late 30-something like me. Oh, and don't be fooled by a far away glimpse of Ariel's Grotto.. she's in a flesh suit, can't see a dammed thing! !

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Treff. My five year old is bouncing off the walls! We've been watching as many of the old school movies as possible. Should be good. I've always been a fan of the Wizard of Oz.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Treff. My five year old is bouncing off the walls! We've been watching as many of the old school movies as possible. Should be good. I've always been a fan of the Wizard of Oz.

especially in the Card uniform

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'll be over in mine and Lefty's neck of the woods. We live about an hour from Orlando. I hope you and the family have a great time and don't forget to set up your fast passes for some of the more popular rides like Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain & Splash Mountain. And since you have a little girl, be prepared to wait in line for up to 2 hours for her to meet the princesses. Sorry but I just thought I'd forewarn you.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible news .......

by Marty Gitlin | CBSSports.com

(10:27 am ET) The Browns have waived veteran running back Chris Ogbonnaya, league sources have told the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two major drafts today - - get fun but exhausted. .... brain hurts.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kickoff to 2014 is Almost Here! Week 1 Preview

Sam vs defending champ tlance
The prognosticators at ESPN make this match-up a head-scratcher. On individual position battles, Sam wins 6 of the 9. Yet Sam only has a 1 point scoring edge, 109-108.

TKO vs Ram
Ram is favored to win 6 of the 9 position battles for a 115-104 win. ESPN just does not like TKO's team.

Monkey vs Lefty
Monkey is projected to win 6 of the 8 position battles including Cutler over Matty Ice. Me thinks this game will be closer than the 122-100 estimate that ESPN is handing over to Monkey. Would also point out that ESPN is giving Lefty the lowest score for the week.

Bandit vs the WilDuffbeast
Another 6 out of 8 position battles is being awarded to Bandit for a 124-107 victory. Looks like the 124 would also make Bandit the MBBRL top scorer for the week.

Fuzzies vs Barilko
Apparently the #1 can only get you so far. ESPN has Fuzzie winning 6 of 8 position battles including Larry Fitz over Brandon Marshall for a mile-high 119-105 win. Bar might need some K help.

Joe vs Treff

The Commish Treff is favored to win 5 of 8 position battles, but is only favored by a single point. ESPN guesses that Joe wins the Gio over Ball battle, but that Treff wins the Maclin over Boldin battle. Final score 102-101.

I just love making fun of ESPN's dart-throwing, bat guano prophecies.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monkey vs Lefty
Monkey is projected to win 6 of the 8 position battles including Cutler over Matty Ice. Me thinks this game will be closer than the 122-100 estimate that ESPN is handing over to Monkey. Would also point out that ESPN is giving Lefty the lowest score for the week.

I just love making fun of ESPN's dart-throwing, bat guano prophecies.

Well, that's why we play the games rather than just declare a winner based upon 'expert' predictions. ....

Least points in the league - - must have some really bad matchups in their eyes.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey gang if im a little quiet leading up to Thursday and into Sundays game im smokin busy at this time
i need to set up and monitor my money/keeper league that i run...
and also set up my regular weekly spread pool and suicide pools at work
not to mention in my business the first day and following days after labour day are killers...

i am however (knock knock) alive

Cheers Boys :suds:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ell I'll take any Ball match up over any Gio match up all year long :)
Screw their pin the tail on the outcome predictions:suds:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez Ram I was seriously thinking about that trade offer and you pulled it. That's okay though I'd rather you do that than get trader's remorse later.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
battle_300x187.jpg

And now it is almost time. It is almost time for the humble members (most of the time) of the MBBRL to face off against each other on the battlefield to prove who has grand supremacy in fantasy football skills (or just who is the luckiest). Will the Keepers of the Flame be able to reign supreme over the upstart Barbarians who have probably already traded the naming rights of their league (at Chef and Steelers suggestions)? What two Keepers will be relegated to the doldrums of that other league next year and be forced to fight their way back up? What two Barbarians will conquer all others to find the golden ticket to become a Keeper? What two Barbarians will be defeated and sent out to the oblivion of the unknown? Can the Barbarians find a way to outscore the Keepers by 168 points sending four of their own into the promised land next year? Wil the Keepers be able to carry on when the man that has allowed the flame to shine the brightest and protected it the most vehemently has left them for one season and one season only? (Here's hoping) All of the answers you seek will soon be answered for the time is now upon us. The date of September 4th will forever be remembered as the date it all began. Who draws first blood is yet to be seen. Here are the first battles that will take place:

Bandit v. Dilwuff
Fuzzy v. Barilko
Treff v. Joe
Monkey v. Lefty
Tlance v. Sam
TKO v. Ram

BK v. SFNL
Chef v. Smitty
Cheesehead v. TK
Milk v. Harold
OBX v. Steelers
Foot v. Micro

Good luck to all this week and this year, except when you are playing me, then I'm looking forward to slaying each one of you on the battlefield, but I'd be happy to grab a beer afterwards with any of you.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Bandit - - you're off to a grand start !!!!!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10: