• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker concussed. Prater suspended four games...what the hell does a kicker need PEDs for anyway?

Went to the Bronco game last night and Prater played. When did he get suspended?
P.S. His backup missed a mid range field goal.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prater's suspension is for alcohol. It's DUI related. Not for PED. And suspended players can play in preseason.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess that means Joe in the A league and Milk in the B league will have no kicker points for the first 5 weeks. (Broncos bye is week 4)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this question up again since the landscape has changed on several teams. The majority was for Stacy before - - still there ???

Very Early Keeper Opinions
Alright guys chime in. 12 team league standard scoring. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 2 WR. Keep one in position drafted. FA are kept in the 6th RD. As always looking at value. Choices are:

K Moreno (6th)
M Forte (1st)

Z Stacy (6th)
S Vereen (7th)
G Tate (8th)
R White (4th - trade)

D. Bryant (2nd - trade)
B. Marshall (2nd)
M. Stafford (5th)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VEREEN for me

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came recall what I voted for before. . But I'm usually if the opinion to keep the best player regardless. . So I'm saying Forte.. could care less about the "value" unless it's just insane.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this question up again since the landscape has changed on several teams. The majority was for Stacy before - - still there ???

Alright guys chime in. 12 team league standard scoring. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 2 WR. Keep one in position drafted. FA are kept in the 6th RD. As always looking at value. Choices are:

K Moreno (6th)
M Forte (1st)

Z Stacy (6th)
S Vereen (7th)
G Tate (8th)
R White (4th - trade)

D. Bryant (2nd - trade)
B. Marshall (2nd)
M. Stafford (5th)

Well, if I was one of the ones that voted Stacy I'm changing to Forte. Question: Do you know your draft position?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like Vereen, but with the 9th pick, Forte has value too. Take Forte.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if I was one of the ones that voted Stacy I'm changing to Forte. Question: Do you know your draft position?

Technically he doesn't know his draft position. He is the 9th person that gets to choose his draft position. It's my league and to help even the field for everybody else against us "experts" we don't declare our keepers until right before the draft and you pick your draft position in the reverse order of standings from last year. So if you have a first round keeper, you can choose to pick at the end of the draft making your keeper more valuable. What I do is ask the last place finisher where he would like to draft and his keeper and do that in reverse order until we're finished. I like making things more entertaining on draft day.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for what it matters, I still don't think you can beat the value of Stacy in the 6th and keep your first round pick. If you keep Forte and lose your first round pick and you draft a running back in the 6th round you will be looking at Forte and somebody like Trent Richardson, Shane Vereen, or Joique Bell. By my estimation, here is what will be available out of the top picks if you keep Stacy:

Mccoy
Peterson
Forte
Lynch
Megatron
Dez
Montee Ball
A.J. Green
Arian Foster
Julio Jones
Doug Martin
Alfred Morris
Brandon Marshall
Antonio Brown

Now in my draft, you know that Peyton, Brees, and Rodgers are all getting drafted in the first round and Jamaal Charles is a first round keeper, so that eliminates four picks. So, with the 9th & 16th picks, you will get two of the guys on this list if you keep Stacy.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you guys caught it or not, but ESPN has finally made it official:

Dexter McCluster, Ten WR, RB​

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still saying keep Stacy (I think that's what I said before)

Last time I checked, when Bradford was playing last year, Stacy didn't even see the field.
Say what you want about Shawn Hill, but I just don't see a scenario playing out here in STL that doesn't involve Stacy touching the ball +20x per game now that Bradford is out.
I'm thinking he sees a minimum of 15-18 carries and 3-5 receptions every week, barring injury of course.

I know this probably isn't the thread for it, but the Rams lost more future potential than anything lost this year now that Bradford is out. This was going to be a run-heavy, rely on the defense team no matter what.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

K Moreno (6th)
M Forte (1st)

Z Stacy (6th)
S Vereen (7th)
G Tate (8th)
R White (4th - trade)

D. Bryant (2nd - trade)
B. Marshall (2nd)
M. Stafford (5th)

I still say keep Stacey. The value is too great to pass up. Will you have a chance to grab Forte in the draft if you let him go- that would be a nice added benefit.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's awesome, now if he could just be good enough for that to matter it would be even more awesome.

I think it affected the Coma league, but not sure. Also, I keep seeing reports that Sankey hasn't been all that impressive which opens the door for veteran dud Greene and the aforementioned McCluster.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty, I think I'd lean toward Stacy as well. Forte is very tempting but I have reservations about the Bears offense this season. Some may say I'm superstitious, but seems like everywhere Trestman has been, his inaugural year has been spectacular, but the subsequent year has fallen short of expectations. Happened in SF, happened in ARI, happened in OAK. Its a trend I hope stops this season. But a trend is a trend.

Didn't check his CFL rankings.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Vereen heads up vs Stacy, but tag on an extra round? Better player, better system and QB. If it's not Forte, if should be Vereen.