• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duff's lack of internet update:

Saga Part I:
Well, ATT Uverse needed to put a work order in to run a line up to my house. However, they need an "engineer" to come out and take a look first. We called them 2-3 weeks ago and they never bothered to put the work order in.

Saga Part II:
Called the evil empire of Time Warner (whose service I loathe) and had them set me up since, dammit, I need internet and cable TV!!! They can't make it out until the 12th!! Sunsabeeches!!! I figured my little sob story about Uverse would get them out quicker since they were "stealing" a customer. Nope. Earliest is the friggin' 12th.

Saga Part III:
Tomorrow I'll be calling Uverse back and tell them that if they can get the line dug and hook me up before the 12th, I'll go with them and cancel TW. Keep your fingers crossed for me MBBRL. I got my heels dug in and getting mighty pissed with this whole barrel of shenanigans.

Hopefully this gets fixed quickly but if not, I'll see you all on the evening of the 12th when my world is back to normal. Good luck to all this week and may Wil my Team Czar lead the WilDuffs to crushing victory.:suds:

(Hope this stays a trilogy. I'd hate to have it turn into a Part IV and Part V and god forbid a Part VI although I could go back and edit the first three original parts like Lucas did. Jar Jar Binks anyone?)
Signed
Duff of Rocky (good luck man!)

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I see I drafted the 2nd best running back on the Packers with the 5th pick in the draft, that makes me feel awesome.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I see I drafted the 2nd best running back on the Packers with the 5th pick in the draft, that makes me feel awesome.

I got the other one with the what I think was my seventh round pick of the Coma league. .. doubt that makes you feel better, but I'm liking what I saw

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Treff I can't tell you how much better that makes me feel. :boink:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to all this week and may Wil my Team Czar lead the WilDuffs to crushing victory.

Crushing may be tough against Bandit - but our Cobb and 'Hawks outscored his Nelson and Lacy by enough that ESPN no longer projects a Bandit blowout.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate when I am wrong! Where were you Kearse? And who the heck is Ricardo Lockette?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate when I am wrong! Where were you Kearse? And who the heck is Ricardo Lockette?

This was the second-funniest thing I read this week.

TKO and his man crush on Kearse. Might have to start calling you the Canadian Foot.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was very busy the last couple days. Maybe not as busy as Duff? But I didn't get my picks in. So I'll just resurrect Opposite George from last year and go against all of ESPN's original picks.

2Q==
th

Defending KOTF Champ tlance over Ana and his Sam
TKO puts a great white north upset on Ram
Lefty shocks the Monkey
WilDuffbeast smokes the Bandit
Barilko Quebecs the Fuzzies (can I use a noun like verb?)
Joe skulls the commish Treff (that sounds wrong)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't believe I got Dwyer when I did yesterday, thought for sure he'd have been gone by 4:45cst

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't believe I got Dwyer when I did yesterday, thought for sure he'd have been gone by 4:45cst

I thought about it for a few seconds, but couldn't justify dropping anyone I have. ..
Now I'm doing the same with Andre Williams...hmmm

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Kaeps. He is terrible 12 weeks out of 16, but I always play against him when he is at his best. It never fails.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 21 is him at his best, his owners will be very disappointed this year

True, but then again SF shut it down at halftime.

In my $ league, I had all the Cowboys against Kaeps and VD. I was throwing thing at the TV after the 2nd TD. Looking at a possible 0-4 week, although I still have a slight chance in 3 leagues.

Can Keenan Allen get 22 against Peterson and the Cards?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz and Rudolph available for trade. Along with Ridley and Pierce. I've accepted my mistake of Kearse and will be looking for a more suitable WR.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my observations from today:

Lesean McCoy was a major disappointment against the Jags.

Tony Romo and Dez Bryant looked terribly out of sink.

The Patriots looked terrible even with Gronkowski on the field. They could be in trouble this year and speaking of them, Vince Wilfork is done. When he was on the field you could not fun the ball up the middle against them and he had no presence whatsoever today.

Knowshon. I thought he'd be okay, but not that good this early.

The Jets running game was impressive.

St. Louis is in for a very long season and if you are streaming defenses this year play whatever defense is playing against them.

The Redskins offense is just as bad in the regular season as it was in the pre-season.

The Seahawks, 49ers, and Panthers were the top 3 ranked defenses for a reason.

Drew Brees threw 1 touchdown against a mediocre defense and they had 3 rushing touchdowns. Cooks was great for a half and then he disappeared and so did the Saints offense. I don't think they are as good as people think they are.

Matt Ryan is back and Steven Jackson is done, might as well count on Jacquizz Rodgers getting more snaps that him now.

Good luck picking a running back to play in Buffalo.

Ben Tate lasted longer than I thought he would before getting hurt. We knew about Terrence West, but where the hell did Isaiah Crowell come from?

The Bengals are going to have problems scoring touchdowns this year. Baltimore is going to have problems scoring period this year.

Leveon Bell looked fantastic and he only lost 4 touches to Lagarrette Blount. I see a big season for him.

Kansas City looked horrible. Alex Smith had one less carry than Jamaal Charles who had 7 for 19 yards. How in the hell can your best (by a landslide) offensive player touch the ball 11 times in the entire game? Horrible game plan Andy Reid.

Shonn Greene isn't going to lose the starting job anytime soon in Tennessee.

Dallas's defense really is horrible.

I still hate Colin Kaepernick.

Glad I was right about Greg Olsen. He looked good and so did Kelvin Benjamin. Cam who?

The Bucs running game is still abysmal no matter who is in the game.

Peyton Manning is still really good. Julius Thomas is too. Ball is going to be okay too but he didn't get near as big of holes to run through that Knowshon had last year.

Reggie Wayne is still the #1 receiver on the Colts.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MBBRL MNF lead in, part 1

Alright, since I have the time, I thought i'd do this before the Monday games, give everyone an early idea of where we're all sitting.

In the race to relegate 2 or 4:
KOTF currently lead in points scored, 1000-915
Both leagues have all the same usual suspects going to tonight, but, the KOTF have Carson Palmer, Eric Ebron and Michael FLoyd going and the BATG do not and the BATG have Jay Feely, Rashad Jennings, Eli Manning, and Nick Novak in their lineups who are missing in the KOTF.

Speaking of differences in starting lineups, I counted 17 differences, many of which aren't even owned in both leagues, were started in week one.
KOTF
Carson Plamer
Kaepernick
Andrew Luck
Eric Ebron
Nugent - FA in BATG
Boldin
Parkey - FA in BATG
Kearse (who is now a KOTF FA) -FA in BATG
Texan's D - FA in BATG
Cooks
T.B. D
Clay - FA in BATG
Ingram
Frenchie Thomas
Michael Floyd
Ridley
Walsh -FA in BATG

BATG

RG III
Big Ben
Eli Manning
M. Bennett
L. Green -FA in KOTF
Pierce
McManus -FA in KOTF
Buffalo D -FA in KOTF
Fred Jackson
Rashad Jennings
Cj Spiller
McFadden
Tavon Austin -FA in KOTF
Jay Feely -FA in KOTF
N.O. D -FA in KOTF
D. Baldwin -FA in KOTF
Nick Novak -FA in KOTF
I'm not sure I'll do this every week, as it takes quite a bit of time to cross reference every team's starting lineups, but thought it might be interesting..we'll see