• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't panic. But the site where I stored my pictures has converted to a PAY site (ImageShack.com). And I'm not paying! I could use Facebook (which still let's you upload pictures for free), but Facebook let's all 14 of my followers know that I posted a meaningless fantasy football image.

Does anyone know of a free pictures/image sharing site? A site that won't ask for followers?

Imgur.com

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't panic. But the site where I stored my pictures has converted to a PAY site (ImageShack.com). And I'm not paying! I could use Facebook (which still let's you upload pictures for free), but Facebook let's all 14 of my followers know that I posted a meaningless fantasy football image.

Does anyone know of a free pictures/image sharing site? A site that won't ask for followers?

Here is a few.

Flickr

1. Flickr

Flickr, one of the most popular photo sharing sites on the web, is one of the most community oriented photo sharing sites available. If community is what you’re looking for, Flickr is the top choice. It’s essentially the Facebook of photo sharing sites.
Not only is Flickr’s community aspects fantastic, it also has some of the best features and most affordable pricing in comparison to most other options.

• Price: Free / Pro: $25 per year
  • Storage: Free: 200 MB per month, Pro: Unlimited
  • Max Image Size: 20MB
  • Accepted File Types: .jpg, .gif, .png, .tiff
  • Video Uploads: Yes
  • Max Video Length: 90 seconds
  • HD Video: Yes

Photoshop.com

Photoshop.com isn’t just an online image editor, it’s also a photo library management app (Flash required) with a very good looking interface and feature set. As we all know, Adobe is no slouch when it comes to media—especially Photoshop. Photoshop.com shows Adobe’s expertise in this area and offers the features to make them one of the best.

• Price: Free up to $499.99 anually
  • Storage: Free: 2GB, Paid up to 500GB
  • Max Image Size: 200MB (web) or 2GB (using AIR app)
  • Accepted File Types: Unlisted
  • Video Uploads: Yes
  • Max Video Length: Unlisted

Snapixel

10. Snapixel

Snapixel is a very minimalistic photo sharing and storage experience offering 5GB of free storage with no max image size. Half of Snapixel’s focus is making it easy to buy, sell and share photos to make money or find the perfect photo you’re looking for. They also support geo-tagging and mapping along with other fun photo integration features.

• Price: Free / Pro: 9.95€ per year
  • Storage: Free: 5GB, Pro: Unlimited
  • Max Image Size: No max
  • Accepted File Types: .jpg
  • Video Uploads: No

. Pict

Pict doesn’t require registration to upload photos although registration is encouraged to get more account capabilities. Pict is a super simple photo sharing site enabling users to quickly and easily upload and share images into “cells”. If you’re looking for a basic photo sharing site that just works, Pict is a fantastic choice.

• Price: Free / Pro: $4.99/m or $29.99 per year
  • Storage: Unlimited
  • Max Image Size: 12MB
  • Accepted File Types: .jpg, .gif, .png
  • Video Uploads: No

Also sites like Dropbox,Google Drive, Amazon Cloud Drive, Skydrive.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So today was clean out the garage day. Buried under boxes and boxes of random cap, I found my baseball/football card collection that I had basically abandoned about ten years ago. Of course I had to take a break from the work and revisit. Found about a dozen Peyton rookies (including one with a swatch from his debut jersey! ), a stack of Edgerrin James, Ricky Williams..ect.. Also fun to see all those names that were supposed to set the league on fire and never did crap and have been forgotten about. The Kevin Johnsons, Cecil "the diesel", Akili Smith, etc..
But the one who just found a new way to disappoint me. .Tim Couch. I tell ya, if I had one Tim Couch rookie card, I had 200. Autographed ones, jersey patches, serially numbered of 100 ones. . You name it. Damn I wish that kid had amounted to a hill of beans!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So today was clean out the garage day. Buried under boxes and boxes of random cap, I found my baseball/football card collection that I had basically abandoned about ten years ago. Of course I had to take a break from the work and revisit.... Also fun to see all those names that were supposed to set the league on fire and never did crap and have been forgotten about. The Kevin Johnsons, Cecil "the diesel", Akili Smith, etc..
But the one who just found a new way to disappoint me. .Tim Couch. I tell ya, if I had one Tim Couch rookie card, I had 200. Autographed ones, jersey patches, serially numbered of 100 ones. . You name it. Damn I wish that kid had amounted to a hill of beans!

You piqued my interest and so I had to see what loser the Bears drafted in 1999 - QB Cade McNown.

1999nfldraft.png

Some quality guys did get selected early out of that draft: McNabb, Edge, Ricky Williams, Holt, Bailey, Boston, McAlister, Culpepper... but then it really tailed off.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got an email to play FF on CBS. They have no idea the damage they have done.

140701_free_email_acquisition.png

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got an email to play FF on CBS. They have no idea the damage they have done.

140701_free_email_acquisition.png

LMAO.. is that seriously the image they're using? What they can't get the expressed written permission of the NFL for one damned ad?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Jeff Tuel in his practice squad jersey!

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas,

Enjoy the 4th and our freedom to do so!

Everyone be safe but please don't be so safe that you don't have some fantastic crazy funky fun!!!

Quick shout out to anyone who does decide to catch themselves on fire, its the only time it'll be ok to spill your beer!!!

-DUB-

OUT WITH A BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming soon .... The entire Golden Mountain saga. Be on the look out ....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts out there on when to hold the MBBRL Keepers of the Flame and Barbarians at the Gate league drafts?

I'd prefer something in the 2nd half of August, and a week night, if my vote counts for anything.

Also - we need to get an updated team list for each league. I believe I got relegated to Barbarians last year, unless someone dropped out of Keepers and I can take their place.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts out there on when to hold the MBBRL Keepers of the Flame and Barbarians at the Gate league drafts?

I'd prefer something in the 2nd half of August, and a week night, if my vote counts for anything.

Also - we need to get an updated team list for each league. I believe I got relegated to Barbarians last year, unless someone dropped out of Keepers and I can take their place.

Yea - I'd say mid-August, most every position should be settled by then. ... week days or weekend is fine by me. Just needs to be pretty much finished prior to the Labor Day weekend - - I've got several other drafts that occur then.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll need a refresher on that one too. I know Canes/Bandit is moving up. . Can't recall the other, and if WW is truly staying out, do we keep one team in which was relegated, and which one. . Yadda yadda. .

As for the Draft, any evening in August works great, up until the labor day weekend, I'm booked solid for those 3 days.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll need a refresher on that one too. I know Canes/Bandit is moving up. . Can't recall the other, and if WW is truly staying out, do we keep one team in which was relegated, and which one. . Yadda yadda. .

As for the Draft, any evening in August works great, up until the labor day weekend, I'm booked solid for those 3 days.

Guys, I've gone back through most of the posts from the beginning of this thread, and other than laughing my ass off at some of the great wit and marveling at Wil's amazing weekly summaries, I managed to find a few that help define the rules for MBBRL, year end standings and who goes up or down.
Anyway, check pages 54 & 55 for the rules. Page 57 for history, and page 138 for the final 2013 standing/relegations. All are posts by Wil.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I've gone back through most of the posts from the beginning of this thread, and other than laughing my ass off at some of the great wit and marveling at Wil's amazing weekly summaries, I managed to find a few that help define the rules for MBBRL, year end standings and who goes up or down.
Anyway, check pages 54 & 55 for the rules. Page 57 for history, and page 138 for the final 2013 standing/relegations. All are posts by Wil.

You da man Lefty! Will check those out when I get home. Problem is I have no link to the "B" league to check those. .. and if we're still doing a drone?

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will be walking through Glacier National Park into Canada the first Week or so in August. Other than that I am good as for draft timing. It is sneaking up on us.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything before August 30th is great for me.

...and to Wil of White, page 138 reminds me of why we will all miss you so!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything before August 30th is great for me.

...and to Wil of White, page 138 reminds me of why we will all miss you so!

I can make most nights work with a little notice. If it is a weeknight, that will ensure that it does not conflict with another draft as my other leagues all draft on weekends, but I would ask that the draft not be held on a Thursday. That is the one day that really does not work for me.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Lefty. Here's some quick links to the pages he listed:

2013 End of Season Report - SportsHoopla Page 138
MBBRL Rules (including Relegation) - SportsHoopla Page 54
MBBRL Rules Part 2 (Drone) - SportsHoopla Page 55
MBBRL History (Preamble) - SportsHoopla Page 57

When Treff gets the ESPN League activated, I'll try to transfer some of this to the ESPN "league" message board, but it may be difficult since ESPN's message board has a character limit. But once it's there, we can save the page on our individual computers for future seasons.

As for the draft date, just about any day works for me too (except Thursday). The later in the day the draft, the better.