• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, how did this guy Chief beat me out??? :confused2:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, how did this guy Chief beat me out??? :confused2:

He's funnier that you are.

So when does the chief Chef get Scape's spot? I'd like to know the draft ORDER so I can plan my demise. No pressure.

Treff, I have the spreadsheet ready to go. And keep in mind that I work on Monday-Saturday, so my participation will be limited in the day time. Of course, I think we'll beat last year's on-line mark of 18 days, 19 hours and 39 minutes.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 3 new owners we should reset the draft order. But I'd be fine picking 3rd.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 3 new owners we should reset the draft order. But I'd be fine picking 3rd.

Random sounds good to me. Hoping for a top 4 pick so I can grab Johnny Football before Foot.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a funny guy tlance, you amuse me! All kidding a side I am not sure which QB I am after this year. I am always searching for the next diamond in the rough when it comes to QBs. I find it to be a more exciting challenge doing it that way. I have never been a big fan of just hitching my carriage to one big 4 (Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees) for some reason and unlike years past I don't have that sleeper diamond guy like kaps who had targeted last year. Hey who knows maybe Mr. Jonothan Football will be my guy.

I LOVE Russel Wilson but that defense and the fact they love to run should hamper what his number could really be if the hawks needed to or wanted to pass a bit more. I will tell you who I am kind of thinking of even if it tips my hand. I really like Romo this year. He is due for an up season plus the really attractive part is that crappy defense. It should mean Dallas will be playing catch up all game long on every game and translate in to many yummy pass attempts. I like Dez for the same reason. Opps i might have let the cat out of the bag on that one but we shall see in a few days from now.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a funny guy tlance, you amuse me! All kidding a side I am not sure which QB I am after this year. I am always searching for the next diamond in the rough when it comes to QBs. I find it to be a more exciting challenge doing it that way. I have never been a big fan of just hitching my carriage to one big 4 (Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees) for some reason and unlike years past I don't have that sleeper diamond guy like kaps who had targeted last year. Hey who knows maybe Mr. Jonothan Football will be my guy.

I LOVE Russel Wilson but that defense and the fact they love to run should hamper what his number could really be if the hawks needed to or wanted to pass a bit more. I will tell you who I am kind of thinking of even if it tips my hand. I really like Romo this year. He is due for an up season plus the really attractive part is that crappy defense. It should mean Dallas will be playing catch up all game long on every game and translate in to many yummy pass attempts. I like Dez for the same reason. Opps i might have let the cat out of the bag on that one but we shall see in a few days from now.

Tony Romo boils his ribs! :nono: :nono: :nono:

But seriously folks, I'm not quite sure if I'm in yet, but if so, looking forward to it...I need something to take my mind off my pitiful baseball teams. Just lemme know what's up. :suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All kidding aside, I don't really know what to make of Johnny Football. Pre-draft, I was positive he would be a huge bust. I am very intrigued however, by the combination of his brashness and newfound humility as he is saying all the right things during Browns rookie camp. He is an intelligent guy and if focused on proving the critics wrong he might just do it.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Johnny Football

I think his success boils down to how much he dedicates himself to studying film. That goes for any QB really. Some rookies are more interested in being "stars" and not leading by example. His skills and tendencies may keep defenses off balance for the first 16 games. But how often do we see that the following year, the 2nd-year rookie QB fails miserably. Because defenses study tape on him, but the star QB does not reciprocate. The NFL is littered with guys like this.

RE: Suicide Draft Order

This was last year's final from Wil. To be honest, I'm not sure who won?

rr4l.png

But based solely on this, and not to reset a random draft order, this would be the pecking order:

1) Treff; 2) Joe; 3) Duff (taken by Barilko); 4) TKO; 5) Lefty; 6) Monkey; 7) tlance; 8) Fuzzies; 9) Scape (taken by Chef); 10) Wil (taken by Foot); 11) Ram; 12) Sam

I'd love to have the 2nd pick, but I still feel that we should reset the order with 3 new owners.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Johnny Football

But based solely on this, and not to reset a random draft order, this would be the pecking order:

1) Treff; 2) Joe; 3) Duff (taken by Barilko); 4) TKO; 5) Lefty; 6) Monkey; 7) tlance; 8) Fuzzies; 9) Scape (taken by Chef); 10) Wil (taken by Foot); 11) Ram; 12) Sam

I'd love to have the 2nd pick, but I still feel that we should reset the order with 3 new owners.

Doesn't really matter to me. That order is fine or change it, whatever you guys want to do. I would like to know before the 23rd though. ....

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tlance, I really like Johnny football and think he will be really good to great. It seems to me just from watching how he carries himself that he is able to make people believe in him and that to me is the biggest trait needed to be a leader. I believe he makes the players buy in and he makes the players around him better (one reason I think Mike Evans may fall off a but with out him and or might be over rated).

Another factor that I sometimes go by is how many highlights a player has on his highlight real. This guy's tape is a mile long so he "makes plays". Add in that he relishes the limelight when a lot of others shy away from it and if he can stay healthy which is a minor concern then I believe he can be a huge factor in fantasy football.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My golf weekend just ended. .5hr+ drive home. And I'll be able to refocus after that. Quickly though, my vote for Draft order would seem slightly self serving given I'm sitting at #1, so I'll abstain from that vote altogether.
Maybe touch base again this evening

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I beat Scape to walk off into the sunset with the Suicide League championship, and Sam beat Ram for 3rd. So #9 would be Ram, #10 would be Sam, #11 would be ____, and #12 would be Barilko.

(But since there are three new owners, new randomized draft order would probably make more sense.)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My golf weekend just ended. .5hr+ drive home. And I'll be able to refocus after that. Quickly though, my vote for Draft order would seem slightly self serving given I'm sitting at #1, so I'll abstain from that vote altogether.
Maybe touch base again this evening

And since I'm at 11 I'll do the same TREFF................for the record I'm fine at 11 if that's what is decided.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I think Manziel will be a fantasy bonanza - until somebody knocks him into 2017.

He's already got a Vick-like nose-first style, but he's smaller, and Kyle's gonna Shanahan him. I put the over/under until he has on a season-ending injury at 17 quarters.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I think Manziel will be a fantasy bonanza - until somebody knocks him into 2017.

He's already got a Vick-like nose-first style, but he's smaller, and Kyle's gonna Shanahan him. I put the over/under until he has on a season-ending injury at 17 quarters.

So should his new nickname be Johhny $4.25?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the minority here, but I honestly think that Hoyer will be the starter on opening Day. Since they are going to struggle anyway with Gordon out for the season, I think they will let Manziel hold a clipboard for the first 3 weeks and they have a bye in week 4 this year which will be perfect because I think that will give them 2 weeks to prepare Manziel for his first start in week 5. As for his success after that, he's going to struggle this year because of the Josh Gordon suspension no matter what. The basically have Jordan Cameron and Greg Little to throw the ball to. Kyle Shanahan isn't in love with the tight end which is going to make things worse since he's their best receiver. Not only will he have nobody to throw the ball to (still not exactly clear why they traded down when they could have gotten Sammy Watkins with the 4th pick knowing about the Gordon situation before the draft) but it's not like their running game was stellar last year either. I know they brought Ben Tate in, but he's not exactly a model of health. I think trying the run the read option with Manziel and Tate is going to get both of them hurt quickly. The problem with read option is both your quarterback and running back get hit on every play whether they have the ball or not and I just don't think either one of them will hold up to that kind of punishment. If his first start is week 5 against Tennessee I say that he gets a minor injury that makes him miss one start and then in Week 11 when he plays Houston and has to face the J.J. Watt, Jadaveon Clowney pass rush he gets knocked out for the rest of the season.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we still on for fridays suicide draft? Is Chef in? I still see Scape on ESPN. The board has been very quiet. I'm guessing that some are working on their rankings.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we still on for fridays suicide draft? Is Chef in? I still see Scape on ESPN. The board has been very quiet. I'm guessing that some are working on their rankings.

Yes it has been quiet on here. The last discussion was on draft position but I haven't seen what it is as yet. Maybe potluck the day of the draft. There was also a lot of talk about a Suicide 2 - but nothing lately. .... Anyway, perhaps we'll hear details from Treff this evening.

Think I'll post something along these lines on the thread Sam created for Suicide.