• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would beg Joe to keep us updated as often as possible with those sweet color coded charts ;)

Don't panic. But the site where I stored my pictures has converted to a PAY site (ImageShack.com). And I'm not paying! I could use Facebook (which still let's you upload pictures for free), but Facebook let's all 14 of my followers know that I posted a meaningless fantasy football image.

Does anyone know of a free pictures/image sharing site? A site that won't ask for followers?

Last edited by a moderator:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dies photo bucket still host for free? ? Been eons since I've even looked at it.

Instagram? Depending on your followers there of course.

As to the Draft date/order.. thus far I've only seen opinions to reset randomly and a couple abstaining. So I guess that means we're reseting at random. Anyone have a better idea than letting my daughter draw cards representing are owners? I'm open to suggestions there if anyone doesn't prefer that method, but that's what I'd go with if it's left up to me.

Chef, by all accounts, yes you're our third(twelfth) owner. I've added your name as the Scapegoats owner, and sent an invite to the email you gave me earlier fire ASFBL.

Sorry I've been away. .That 3 day Golf weekend was amazing but long and draining. Added to work and trying to stain/polyurethane all the wood work for my basement finish has just sucked up all my free time. But should be good to go now. .I think! ;)

Slow Draft starting on this Friday, here on SportsHoopla using Sam's Draft thread sounds perfect to me. I haven't seen any objections, although I may have missed some while golfing. Anyone who has any objections, speak now, or forever hold your *pieces*!
Lastly. .has anyone else noticed if everyone involved had checked in and is aware of what we're planning? If so, I think we're a go for Friday

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess that means we're reseting at random. Anyone have a better idea than letting my daughter draw cards representing are owners? I'm open to suggestions there if anyone doesn't prefer that method, but that's what I'd go with if it's left up to me.

ESPN can rest the draft order for you! Go to...

LM Tools > Edit Draft Order > Randomize Order

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys DEF in trouble already - from Rotoworld;

Cowboys ILB Sean Lee has been diagnosed with a torn left ACL, and is expected to miss the entire 2014 season.
The poor just got poorer on defense. Had Lee's (latest) injury occurred a month or two earlier in the offseason, he might have been a candidate for injured reserve/designated to return, but there's little reason to believe that will be the case now. It's the second ACL tear of Lee's career, though the first came to his right knee at Penn State. Lee missed significant time the past two seasons with toe, neck and hamstring issues, and has rarely been healthy since high school. He's an All-Pro talent with third-team injury luck. The Cowboys could be forced to turn to fourth-round rookie Anthony Hitchens in Lee's absence. A defense that was the worst in the league last season could be even worse in 2014. Jerry Jones' cap mismanagement has led to an embarrassing lack of depth.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There best bet is to sign free agent Pat Angerer on the cheap. He still has his ability and is young! He can fill Lees shoes fairly inexpensive!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angerer still a FA? I'm not sure I understand why that is the case. Too small? He seemed to be all over the field with the Colts... maybe I'm wrong again.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a free agent he had some offers but wants to wait till he is 100 percent. He will be ready soon and If the cowboys were smart they would make him an offer he cant refuse before he is ready to take other bigger offers. He sparkled in the 4-3 system he was in his rookie year and is like a heat seeking missle when locating the ball. They better not wait on him!!!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon issued a speeding ticket. . His passenger however. . Nailed for possession of Mary Jane.

It's gotta take a special kind of stupid to be Josh Gordon.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay "A" leaguers, any thoughts on what we should do in our draft right now since the guy who is up has been up for more than 24 hours and his last post said that he was going to take a few days break from posting. I'll prolly come back eventually. Talk to you guys soon. Now granted that post was on a different thread, but I'll prolly come back eventually has no time limit on it. Here was my suggestion as posted on our draft thread:

Here's my proposal. I think we should give him 48 hours from when he was on the clock and then just skip him (round 11). When his pick comes up again next round (round 12) we will give him 24 more hours to make both of his picks (rounds 11 and 12) and then skip him again. When his turn comes up again the next round he will get another 24 hours to make all three picks (rounds 11, 12, and 13) and if he doesn't we will skip him again. When his turn comes up in the last round he will get 24 hours to make all 4 picks (rounds 11, 12, 13, and 14) and then we will skip him and complete everyone's rosters. Once that is done, we will make the effort to contact him again and give him another 24 hours at which point we will figure out a way to fill his roster. I don't like the idea of us picking for him because everybody's list is different and we should avoid pissing people off that have been waiting to make their picks by giving him a guy that they had targeted.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canes, my thoughts were to treat it just like the NFL Draft. When your alloted time is up, which in our case was 24hrs, your skipped and can input your pick at any time. But he/she gets that allotted time each time their pick is up. If you make it through the rest of the Draft and they stay haven't showed up, that's another story, but at some point you may have to fill out tier roster, possibly even treat the team as a drone

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Will is interested in taking those last few picks for him..................

I honestly don't think that would be fair. I like Cane's and Treff's suggestions.

JD knows the draft is on going, yet he is choosing not to participate. If he does not check back in, then he can fill out his roster once everyone else is done drafting.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did anyone get left out of the league that wanted in?

I say replace him if you can. In this day and age, it is so ridiculously easy to send a message. If he cares this much (not at all) about it, then why is he in it? The whole point of these MBBRL drafts is a gathering of fantasy football freaks, obsessed with the sport and the debating it brings on these boards.

I say, giddy up!

I mean, seriously, how hard is it to keep up with who is being picked (and having some kind of strategy), and message someone behind ya a list of five players (say, if you are five picks away and don't think you can "wait around")?? I understand the life thing, but if you can't check in once a day, you're in the wrong league.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did anyone get left out of the league that wanted in?

I say replace him if you can. In this day and age, it is so ridiculously easy to send a message. If he cares this much (not at all) about it, then why is he in it? The whole point of these MBBRL drafts is a gathering of fantasy football freaks, obsessed with the sport and the debating it brings on these boards.

I say, giddy up!

I mean, seriously, how hard is it to keep up with who is being picked (and having some kind of strategy), and message someone behind ya a list of five players (say, if you are five picks away and don't think you can "wait around")?? I understand the life thing, but if you can't check in once a day, you're in the wrong league.

You sir, just won comment of the week, on Tuesday even. Here here! ! Couldn't possibly agree more

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to be in but I just don't have the time to devote to it. Unless you guys don't mind the possibility of waiting a few days for my pick which I wouldn't do to you guys so I have to be out. But I will be watching with great anticipation!!!!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other thread it was posted that JD has some stuff going on at the moment. Under the circumstances, I don't see the big deal about waiting a bit.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Half Price Books near me has a nicely growing sports section. Decided to begin doing a little football reading to help get me in the mood for the upcoming season. First pickup: "Monsters" by Rich Cohen, about the '85 Bears and that crazy year.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like that book by Bill Lee.....................and of course Ball Four was good too.................can't remember the name of the book by Howard Cosell (I never played the game?) but it was good too.