• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this on CBS. It's looking like Monkey and I might not be so crazy after all:

Report: Deal likely between Josh Gordon, NFL
by Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com

(11:15 am ET) It's likely a deal will be worked out between Browns receiver Josh Gordon and the NFL over Gordon's punishment for alleged failed drug tests and his recent DUI arrest, according to Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman. "It may not be a full season," sources told Freeman. "But the number of games Gordon will be suspended is still a mystery."
The report said some of Gordon's teammates feel betrayed by his actions and now "want nothing to do with him."
Pro Football Talk reported earlier that Gordon has an appeal hearing with the league scheduled for later this month.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like there are at least a couple spots open and Steelers Pride would be good too IMO. He has been very active on here.

I guess if I can put up with Raider Treff, I can put up with Terrible towels. I am good with Steeler Pride.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this on CBS. It's looking like Monkey and I might not be so crazy after all:

(11:15 am ET) It's likely a deal will be worked out between Browns receiver Josh Gordon and the NFL over Gordon's punishment for alleged failed drug tests and his recent DUI arrest, according to Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman. "It may not be a full season," sources told Freeman. "But the number of games Gordon will be suspended is still a mystery."
The report said some of Gordon's teammates feel betrayed by his actions and now "want nothing to do with him."
Pro Football Talk reported earlier that Gordon has an appeal hearing with the league scheduled for later this month.

C'mon NFL - after allowing an accessory to murder (Ray Lewis) be glorified as one of your heroes, please let this drug addict play sometime this year!

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon NFL - after allowing an accessory to murder (Ray Lewis) be glorified as one of your heroes, please let this drug addict play sometime this year!

Drub abusers can be reassimmulated (not sure this is a word but you get my meaning) into society but it could take longer than is available for an NFL career. I think he needs the year off to work on his sobriety.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. .I can see this discussion:
Goodel; OK Josh well play nice with you on this one, we'll reduce it from 16 to 12. But bad news, your most recent DUI is a violation of the personnel conduct policy, so we're hitting you for 4 more after those 12. Have a nice day.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. .I can see this discussion:
Goodel; OK Josh well play nice with you on this one, we'll reduce it from 16 to 12. But bad news, your most recent DUI is a violation of the personnel conduct policy, so we're hitting you for 4 more after those 12. Have a nice day.

This. How can't they do a year

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way. NFL holds all the cards here. Zero tolerance has been established under Goodell. Even the "I didn't know that supplement was in there" defense has not worked. If ANY kind of appeal is being "worked out" it's probably a deal that will keep Gordon afloat for possible reinstatement in 2015 if he keeps his nose clean. And lungs. And urine. And arrest record.

** sent from my Android phone **

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Houston not in Steelers division anymore so ya ...Steelers pride is good by me

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. NFL holds all the cards here. Zero tolerance has been established under Goodell. Even the "I didn't know that supplement was in there" defense has not worked. If ANY kind of appeal is being "worked out" it's probably a deal that will keep Gordon afloat for possible reinstatement in 2015 if he keeps his nose clean. And lungs. And urine. And arrest record.

** sent from my Android phone **

Yea, gotta age with Joe here. Mike and mike a couple mornings ago mentioned that his pending "suspension" is actually called "banishment with possible reinstatement after one year". So my guess is about what Joe said, a deal would be the reinstatement after a year. And given recent events, even that shocks me

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Monkey, but I personally think he's done nothing wrong and the NFL is just being bullies by trying to keep him down. I mean come on he's only had a few drug charges and a few DUI's and everybody knows that in this society you deserve at least 15 chances to clean up.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Monkey, but I personally think he's done nothing wrong and the NFL is just being bullies by trying to keep him down. I mean come on he's only had a few drug charges and a few DUI's and everybody knows that in this society you deserve at least 15 chances to clean up.

That friggin moron - - messed up my strategy for keeper league. ....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more Josh Gordon...

If you read through his profile on Wiki, you'd think that you were reading two different bios. One about an elite athlete, and the other about someone you'd see on COPS.

• 2010 October - Gordon & friend Willie Jefferson asleep at Taco Bell lot, w/ Mary Jane found in Jefferson's car.
  • 2011 July - Suspended indefinitely from Baylor after failed drug test & positive for weed.
  • 2012 July - Gordon signs with Browns.
  • 2013 June - NFL announces 2-day suspension to start 2013 season for failing SAP.
  • 2014 May - 2nd failed test means one-year suspension. Appeal date late July.
  • 2014 July 5 - DUI.

I don't think he makes it a year without something bad happening.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The secret to a good MBBRL is good posters.

As A-Leaguer Emeritus I would nominate broncosmitty.

Smitty would be perfect in the B league. Between him, Micro, Foot and myself, the Barbarians will finally storm the gate!

So I'm seeing the first week in August as a possible target draft date?

Bring it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty would be perfect in the B league. Between him, Micro, Foot and myself, the Barbarians will finally storm the gate!

So I'm seeing the first week in August as a possible target draft date?

Bring it.

Don't forget about milk... I heard he is awesome, and is a fantastic fantasy sports player... I can rave about him for days, but I am sure you guys would get tired of reading it!!!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone noticed, but there is a thread on the main page about Google pulling their ads from SportsHoopla, which would cause the site to go down.

Can we get a backup plan in place within the next few days, really don't want to lose this league.

is there any type of message board/chat functions at fantrax or another site we could get together on?

we just F'in got cozy over here too, dammit!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micro,

you tried to shoot Smitty down in the baseball league too, and now you are in first. Maybe Smitty is your good luck charm?

Haha, smitty is my boy. We're in quite a few leagues together. He definitely brings out my competitive side. I'm more than ok with smitty joining.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone noticed, but there is a thread on the main page about Google pulling their ads from SportsHoopla, which would cause the site to go down.

Can we get a backup plan in place within the next few days, really don't want to lose this league.

is there any type of message board/chat functions at fantrax or another site we could get together on?

we just F'in got cozy over here too, dammit!

no I hadn't seen that..sounds like a crappy situation. There's always whatever it was that caused BigD's banishment, but obviously we shouldn't discuss that on here...any other suggestions?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on a more positive note, I'm currently downloading the offline draft app/tools for ESPN leagues..hopefully we can get the rosters for Suicide and Coma uploaded tonight!