• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that would be nice is the addition of 1 or 2 more bench spots. Several teams got awfully thin in a hurry with suspensions & injuries last year - but maybe that's more to the point.

I think this is getting more convoluted the more we discuss it. So I'll throw in my monkey wrench... what if we keep the same number of players, but eliminate the K and D/ST positions?

And Joe, I recall, many moons ago, the tables were turned and we were trying to convince you to take the last spot in the inaugural MBBRL season, and after much "I don't have time for this" you finally caved.

Since you're using me as the example, Wil, are you suggesting there's a CHANCE you're coming back?

Last edited by a moderator:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suicide options to consider:

1) Number of teams.
a) 14 teams; b) 12 teams; c) 10 teams and two leagues
2) Rosters.
a) Stay with original format; b) add 2 bench; c) remove K & D/ST spots.
3) Draft.
a) Here on a SportsHoopla thread; b) On couchmanagers.com

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just a little sip though. You won't even taste it!

yeah, it just comes in this very large, keg like structure... don't worry about that right now... :whistle:

as for the Suicide League, I'm fine with whatever we do, 10, 12, 14, 16... doesn't matter to me... I don't like the idea of no kicker of defense though (although adding bench spots to cover their bye weeks would be nice)

....and just a thought for anyone "left out" of the Suicide or MBBRL... there is the Coma league (Suicide 2) with only 6, we could easily go up to 8. food for thought.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kicker *or* defense

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I would much rather keep it at 12 and see if we can scrape up enough for a Suicidal 2.........but you all know me, I'm down with whatever you smart guise want to do. As for Will of White, why don't you just keep your spot and let the TREFFenator do all the work? See, I remember stuff. I know you have a baby (well, must be like 2 years old) right now and I imagine that takes up a lot of your time............but you can still play at a (fairly) high level (I'd imagine). If Will of White declines our cries for his presence I would have to insist (like anybody really would give a shit if I insist) for Foot of Bad Spelling (or is that Bad Smelling) as it seems like he has finally stopped taking roids and has calmed down to almost normal behaivior, just as long as he can not say those 4 words that rhyme with Bye Knife Mates Fundays or High Life Waits Hyundais..................like I said in an earlier post, if those guys were to make their own league and invite Chef, he won't make it through week 4 with no trades...................just my 3 cents.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Number of teams.
2) Rosters.
a) Stay with original format; b) add 2 bench; c) remove K & D/ST spots.
3) Draft.

That's how I'd vote................the 2 bench spots is really tempting though but in the nature of the Suicide League I just can't bring myself to vote that way.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......but here's an idea (not sure if whatever site we use can do this) but what if we keep K/D in the starting requirements but make it legal to not have them on your roster? There would be a penalty by not having a K/D by not scoring any points................that sounds as confusing as hell.........

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Number of teams. I don't really care. .... if forced, preference is 12.
2) Rosters.
a) Stay with original format; b) add 2 bench; c) remove K & D/ST spots. The K & D/ST become new bench spots.
3) Draft.

my preferences. .... I've stated a number of times I don't like DST, prefer IDP. Kicker - yes they are people too, but in this format, really, really a roster spot that could be put to better use.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Sam, (I think). As for "Bye Knife Mates Fundays" it is currently on ice. Its just to much work to keep it up for me right now but if you or any of the founding fathers would like to take it over I can easily transfer it to you. If not i will keep in in safe holding until I hit the lottery or find more time.

Wil, you have to come back man. Take the last spot in the suicide draft and see how you feel. Treff has what it takes to do what you did and that would leave you more leisure time to just play. I can't imagine life without fantasy football but if it is truly taking over your life, making your wife throw stuff at you or causing you to blow money you don't have or if it has gotten so out of control for you it all you think of... wait a minute this sounds like my life, oh well then by all means forget the comeback. But if not come back man, we miss ya.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my votes:

1) 14 teams- hoping Chef does not live up to Sam's propechy

2) I will vote for the original format because I enjoy suffering, but I don't really care either way. I think eliminating K and DST is a bad idea. Their inclusion adds an important element of strategy.

3) No Vote- Whatever you guys think is easiest. If we do choose couchmanagers, I need to talk to my guy over there to help customize the draft, so a couple days notice will be needed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......but here's an idea (not sure if whatever site we use can do this) but what if we keep K/D in the starting requirements but make it legal to not have them on your roster? There would be a penalty by not having a K/D by not scoring any points................that sounds as confusing as hell.........

Definitely agree that it should be legal to leave a position open. If you choose to draft an extra RB or WR instead of a K, you are literally pulling a Plaxico Burress. That is 10 points a week that you are giving up, so if someone wants to sacrifice that for depth at an attrition position, be my guest and good luck!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a) 14 teams
a) Stay with original format
a) Here on a SportsHoopla thread

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Karl, er, I mean, Sam... is suggesting to leave the K or D/ST blank (and not even bother to draft them), then ESPN will not allow it. If there is a spot for those positions and if they are blank, then you will have an illegal roster.

There were a few gutsy moves last year...

2013mbbrlsuicideleagued.png

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree that it should be legal to leave a position open. If you choose to draft an extra RB or WR instead of a K, you are literally pulling a Plaxico Burress. That is 10 points a week that you are giving up, so if someone wants to sacrifice that for depth at an attrition position, be my guest and good luck!
Yup..................I'd be drafting a K and a D myself...............

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Karl, er, I mean, Sam... is suggesting to leave the K or D/ST blank (and not even bother to draft them), then ESPN will not allow it. If there is a spot for those positions and if they are blank, then you will have an illegal roster.

There were a few gutsy moves last year...

2013mbbrlsuicideleagued.png

That was my suggestion; make it your choice on whether or not you draft those 2 positions..........BTW, screw the draft, just let me keep that team and go with it.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.. you guys are killing me. Went to bed last night thinking, alright gotta get started thinking football.. check back when I get off work this evening and I'm 2+pages behind!

Umm.. quickly. . My votes. .
12 teams, original format, and no preference as to how we do the Draft.

Like everyone else I'll join in the begging of Will to take his spot back, but if he's simply just not interested, I'm happy with anyone that has been nominated thus far. . Yes, even you Foot, so long as we get the SportsHoopla Foot and not the CBS Foot. And I guess I'd leave that up to the other 10 guys as to who lucky #12 gets to be.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I like the idea of expanding to 14 teams rather than creating 2 Suicide (SFFL) Leagues.

Besides the advantages tlance mentioned above, we can add Foot, Chef and Barilko (which unfortunately still leaves out JDM, sorry man) and then we can begin next Friday.

I've also seen MilkSpiller on here posting. But outside of JDM and Milk, I don't think there are enough guys to create 2 Suicide Leagues anyway (since we'd still need to find 4 more owners if there were 10 teams in each league).
If JDM, Milk and some of the other guys from the Barbarian League want to create their own Suicide League, it's not like there's any pressure since the NFL's kickoff is still a whopping 16 weeks away. They could conceivably generate interest to create a second league and have a draft in June.
So besides deciding on (1) the number of teams, (2) the additional owner(s) in the SFFL, we probably would also (3) want to know our draft position!

It is great that others want to be a part of this, but sadly, the senior MBBRL members will need to make a decision quickly.

:agree:

But I normally agree with Joe. by the way- nice to see Blackhawks knock out the Wild and that cheating Cook. Hate that type of player (hated Lemue when he was with the Avs)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh.. and whether or not ESPN, or any other site, would allow a roster without a K or Dst.. I'm strongly against that idea. The NFL is doing is best to phase out both elements of the game, I'm not ready to let go yet though.

And one other thing that was mentioned somewhere back there, the possibility of an extra bench spot or two. . I'm undecided there. .I might agree with one more spot, but two seems like it's taking too much of the "suicide" element away

Last edited by a moderator:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way- nice to see Blackhawks knock out the Wild and that cheating Cook. Hate that type of player (hated Lemue when he was with the Avs)

I needed a defibrillator for the Wild-Hawks series. The way they matched up with the Hawks was nightmare-ish. Cooke didn't get under my skin so much - maybe because he held back on some of his goonery. I still hate Raffi Torres most. I hated Claude Lemieux too. He was the epitome of arrogant.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I mentioned the extra bench spots, I was actually referring to maybe limiting them to a back up K and D/ST. I certainly didn't think about abandoning them altogether! The bye thing really gets in the way and is kind of shitty should it come down to a W or L... after all, what are we doing here, other than trying to win? Although I guess that can go for a QB too, ... maybe I was over thinking... :noidea: