• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can always do a second Suicide league... for all that want in... may just need a new commish, but new league too so it doesnt matter

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I keep some pretty interesting company.

As Shaggy would say,

"G-G-G-Ghost!!!!!!"

Scooby-Doo-and-Shaggy-scooby-doo-the-mystery-begins-8128720-500-400.jpg

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the heck are you doing Wil?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Treff is great replacement for Wil! Even though Wil can't be replaced!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty is in where-ever you decide to do it. .... Slow draft on SportsHoopla was certainly entertaining. Seems once we got toward the end thing slowed even more than slow so we may want to think about some sort of max (3 days, etc) - just a thought and probably difficult to 'police'.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for taking WW's spot - my vote goes to The Foot (no offense to any of the other candidates)

Just in the spirit of it all, it was The Foot's ridiculous, early-season pontificating that got the ball rolling on setting up this type of format.

But again - all those mentioned (and any others that were active last year) are good by me.

And yes, WW gets the spot automatically if he wants it.

I wouldnt mind doing the draft through fantrax or couchmanagers, but I agree with what was said before - ESPN mobile is a lot easier to use than the less-mainstream sites. (not a big deal for Suicide, but we might as well house MBBRL and Suicide on the same site, just to keep it simple)

23rd works as a start date for me, wife is going on a girls' trip that weekend, so I'll be online, on the couch, and ready for some drafting!

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im ready to draft whenever, just let me know when and where to sign-up

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi, guys. I'll be happy to re-activate the Suicide League. Tlance I think has commish privileges, but I can reassign.

Barilko has been requesting a spot there for a while now.

Very happy to see Duff resurface.

Just popped in to the site to get caught up. Baseball is in full swing. I am in for the suicide league and MBBRL. We have great options for a new Commish. Tlance has been doing a great job over on Fantrax/SportsHoopla for baseball. But anyone from last year who was willing to take it on would be a fine choice. For the Suicide league, a slow draft would be best IMO. I like the idea of time cut off between picks. Auto pick from queue or best available after 24 hours?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot who has commish permissions but all you need to do is drop Wil as the commish. (You may have to save or refresh?) Then the option for a second commish should be available.

So if Treff/tlance remove Wil, I guess his departure becomes official!!

Last chance, Wil?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.

If Treff can't boot me, he can assign the last guy as co-owner.

For me, Chef or JDM would be fine owners, but Foot and Barilko have history spanning both boards. Barilko has been politely but persistently asking into the suicide league since last season and you could say he earned his way in with his B league championship, and Foot has the Footness of which Sam spoke. I think it should be one of those two guys.

And Joe, I recall, many moons ago, the tables were turned and we were trying to convince you to take the last spot in the inaugural MBBRL season, and after much "I don't have time for this" you finally caved.

Me: "Hi, my name is Wil, and I've been sober for four months."
Fantasy Football Anonymous members: "Hi, Wil!"
MBBRL Guys: "Come on, just one sip, man! Just one...."

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just throw out there that people with a longer history with you guys should definitely get preference over me. So if it helps you can remove me from the discussion.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps not popular input but I just checked one of my other ESPN leagues and you can go up to 20 teams in a league. I'm not suggesting that much of a change but perhaps 14 wouldn't be awful. The other thought is Suicide 1 & Suicide 2. If there is enough interest out there. .... just food for thought.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal opinion is that 12 is just about the max for a decent league.

I would participate in a b suicide league if that happens.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal opinion is that 12 is just about the max for a decent league.

I would participate in a b suicide league if that happens.

Agree, never played in one larger than that. Thoughts on two 10 team leagues ?? I think there is enough interest to get 20 guys onboard. Canes said he would do it last year. That would bring us to 15 or 16 interested thus far. ..... This would ONLY apply to Suicide not regular MBBRL leagues. ...

The Coma league only had 6 and is already established - not sure how many guys want to go that route again.. Perhaps make it Suicide 2 ???

Last edited by a moderator:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, never played in one larger than that. Thoughts on two 10 team leagues ?? I think there is enough interest to get 20 guys onboard. Canes said he would do it last year. That would bring us to 15 or 16 interested thus far. ..... This would ONLY apply to Suicide not regular MBBRL leagues. ...

The Coma league only had 6 and is already established - not sure how many guys want to go that route again.. Perhaps make it Suicide 2 ???

14 team leagues actually work extremely well for football and would add another layer of :wtf2: to the already insane suicide league concept.

The big advantage with 14 teams:

You take divisions out of play (which I hate by the way) and everybody plays everybody once. The top 6 make the playoffs with the top 2 earning byes. Works great if you all are true masochists.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.

If Treff can't boot me, he can assign the last guy as co-owner.

For me, Chef or JDM would be fine owners, but Foot and Barilko have history spanning both boards. Barilko has been politely but persistently asking into the suicide league since last season and you could say he earned his way in with his B league championship, and Foot has the Footness of which Sam spoke. I think it should be one of those two guys.

And Joe, I recall, many moons ago, the tables were turned and we were trying to convince you to take the last spot in the inaugural MBBRL season, and after much "I don't have time for this" you finally caved.

Me: "Hi, my name is Wil, and I've been sober for four months."
Fantasy Football Anonymous members: "Hi, Wil!"
MBBRL Guys: "Come on, just one sip, man! Just one...."

It is just a little sip though. You won't even taste it!

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 team leagues actually work extremely well for football and would add another layer of :wtf2: to the already insane suicide league concept.

You take divisions out of play (which I hate by the way) and everybody plays everybody once. The top 6 make the playoffs with the top 2 earning byes. Works great if you all are true masochists.

Great idea Tlance.....and May23 works for me....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 team leagues actually work extremely well

To be honest, I like the idea of expanding to 14 teams rather than creating 2 Suicide (SFFL) Leagues.

Besides the advantages tlance mentioned above, we can add Foot, Chef and Barilko (which unfortunately still leaves out JDM, sorry man) and then we can begin next Friday.

I've also seen MilkSpiller on here posting. But outside of JDM and Milk, I don't think there are enough guys to create 2 Suicide Leagues anyway (since we'd still need to find 4 more owners if there were 10 teams in each league).
If JDM, Milk and some of the other guys from the Barbarian League want to create their own Suicide League, it's not like there's any pressure since the NFL's kickoff is still a whopping 16 weeks away. They could conceivably generate interest to create a second league and have a draft in June.
So besides deciding on (1) the number of teams, (2) the additional owner(s) in the SFFL, we probably would also (3) want to know our draft position!

It is great that others want to be a part of this, but sadly, the senior MBBRL members will need to make a decision quickly.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm ok with 14 if that's how we wish to do it. One thing that would be nice is the addition of 1 or 2 more bench spots. Several teams got awfully thin in a hurry with suspensions & injuries last year - but maybe that's more to the point.

Anyway, that's why I brought up 2 - 10's, provided there was adequate interest.