• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance stepped up last year after the news about Wil and I assume (hope) he will carry on. ......

That will be extremely difficult for me in all honesty. Between running the baseball league and writing for a new fantasy baseball site, August and September are already extremely busy for me. I am all in for playing and certainly looking forward to the suicide draft but I think my wife would leave me if I took on another commissioner role.

I think anybody here is more than capable of serving as commish, so long as we all agree not to compare him to the great one.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clearly missed something. Where did he go?

He announced towards the end of lay season he was "retiring". I do believe it's a break of sorts. . He more than any of us (besides maybe Tlance) deserves it.

Monkey, I do believe someone caught him posting on a SportsHoopla board a couple months ago, so unless something has changed I'm sure he's doing just fine .

Tlance, was wondering if that'd work out. Knew you'd be getting stretched thin the first couple months of the season. I know I couldn't ever do some of the stuff that Will do, especially the rankings competition score keeping. . Hell I can't even operate a spread sheet. But I can run a league efficiently, just not with the flare. If no one else with a little more ability steps forward, I'll volunteer to operate the leagues. But, as you said, none of us can compare to the great WW!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad. He always did an awesome job with the writeups and just general organization of the league. I didn't have the history with him some of you did but he'll be missed all the same.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He announced towards the end of lay season he was "retiring". I do believe it's a break of sorts. . He more than any of us (besides maybe Tlance) deserves it.

Monkey, I do believe someone caught him posting on a SportsHoopla board a couple months ago, so unless something has changed I'm sure he's doing just fine .

Tlance, was wondering if that'd work out. Knew you'd be getting stretched thin the first couple months of the season. I know I couldn't ever do some of the stuff that Will do, especially the rankings competition score keeping. . Hell I can't even operate a spread sheet. But I can run a league efficiently, just not with the flare. If no one else with a little more ability steps forward, I'll volunteer to operate the leagues. But, as you said, none of us can compare to the great WW!

If put to a vote anyone who steps up and volunteers has got mine. .... TREFF appreciate you stepping up and you have my vote.
As for at least some of the ancillary stuff that Will did, perhaps someone else can take that on. .... just a thought.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If put to a vote anyone who steps up and volunteers has got mine. .... TREFF appreciate you stepping up and you have my vote.
As for at least some of the ancillary stuff that Will did, perhaps someone else can take that on. .... just a thought.

If memory serves correctly, tlance actually started expanding on that aspect at the tail end of last season and did admirably. Or should I say, very wilwhite-ish.

Can't recall who started the "silver mountain" saga? Or what the hilarious "mountain" story was titled? (My guess is that it was a Sam literary classic.) And we've all added a few humorous anecdotes to the threads. My point is that it shouldn't all rest on tlance, or Treff, or anyone (Wil, if you're reading). We all came here because of fantasy football. That is our passion. The individual personalities is what keeps us laughing. Or shaking our head. Or both.

I do believe someone caught him posting on a SportsHoopla board a couple months ago, so unless something has changed I'm sure he's doing just fine.

Just checked Wil's profile and his last post was April 23rd. Before that he did some spotty posting in February.

And finally...

Can't wait for the suicide League.. Now that the draft is over and everything's rounding into place we can start discussing on when we are going to do this!!

We started DRAFTING the Suicide League on May 10, 2013. Hard to believe myself. So we are 4 days behind last season. However, the 2013 NFL draft was earlier - started on April 25th-27th.

It's up to you guys. If we still do it on ESPN, their site is indeed ready for the 2014 fantasy football season!

Last edited by a moderator:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves correctly, tlance actually started expanding on that aspect at the tail end of last season and did admirably. Or should I say, very wilwhite-ish.

Can't recall who started the "silver mountain" saga? Or what the hilarious "mountain" story was titled? (My guess is that it was a Sam literary classic.) And we've all added a few humorous anecdotes to the threads. My point is that it shouldn't all rest on tlance, or Treff, or anyone (Wil, if you're reading). We all came here because of fantasy football. That is our passion. The individual personalities is what keeps us laughing. Or shaking our head. Or both.

Just checked Wil's profile and his last post was April 23rd. Before that he did some spotty posting in February.

And finally...

We started DRAFTING the Suicide League on May 10, 2013. Hard to believe myself. So we are 4 days behind last season. However, the 2013 NFL draft was earlier - started on April 25th-27th.

It's up to you guys. If we still do it on ESPN, their site is indeed ready for the 2014 fantasy football season!

Thanks Joe, and well said.

There are many good writers here and I agree that the entire burden does not need to fall on one person. It could be that Treff takes over the administrative components of running the league,someone else does the write ups and a third person attempts to tackle the rankings.

It is kind of insane to think that Wil did all of that on his own.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Mountain was Lefty of Wordsmithing's creation................we all just went with it. Hard to believe but without Foot half of the stuff that has happened to us as a group would NEVER have happened without Foot! Maybe more than half. Foot, I salute you.
TREFF, Tlance, Lefty, TKO, Joe or whoever; I endorse our 2014 Commish.
ESPN was good but I like Fantrax now that I have gotten used to it; again, will go with the flow as either way I'll be happy just to get started.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Mountain was Lefty of Wordsmithing's creation.

Lefty was my other choice. My apologies to Lefty.

This was the final entry/standings from the Suicide League:

rr4l.png

Even if we keep 11 of the owners, we'll need to replace Wil. We can probably send all the other owners a private message. I think Wil had their emails too.

Another problem to using ESPN again (not that I'm opposed to using ESPN), is that Wil created those leagues. So unless he "reactivates" the league for 2014 and selects a co-commissioner (for league permissions), we'd have to start from scratch.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not too hard to transfer commissioners unless they changed it.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. I sent Wil an email via ESPN to reactivate the Suicide league. Maybe he'll change his mind. Or at minimum, follow through and get the league active.

Also checked to see if ESPN has a draft setting that will allow 24-hours for a pick (for the "slow" draft of the suicide), and it does not have that option. (2 minutes is the maximum amount to time to make a selection.)

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not too hard to transfer commissioners unless they changed it.

True JDM, but I believe Wil still has to do it since he has the original permissions.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely does. I wouldn't think that would be a problem, though.

For what it's worth (which probably isn't much), I definitely much prefer ESPN to fantrax. It's much more flexible and more mobile friendly, so you can act from anywhere.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty was my other choice. My apologies to Lefty.

This was the final entry/standings from the Suicide League:

rr4l.png

So, we only really need one more owner for the Suicide League then right? Scape will come around soon and Duff has been around lately (Hi Duff.........how ya been?). How do we get that last owner?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would be next in line through the normal move up rules (if there had been 4)?

That would be my suggestion.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assumed it was just the same group who did the A league. I guess not.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly though, there are a few people we should consider and I've sent some PM's out to a few of you guys about the who.....................would love to see Chef in this league but I'm afraid after 4 weeks of no trades he would slit his wrists, therefore renaming the league The Chef Suicide League and beings there was an actuall suicide involved, the league would be much less fun than the first 2 1/4 seasons.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assumed it was just the same group who did the A league. I guess not.

Yeah, we could never come up with enough for two leagues that early..............one of my favorite leagues for sure and that's why I would expect to see Scape back........................he repetedly said this was his favorite league.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I doubt I'm on your list but if you can't get whoever you were interested in by your draft date I'd be happy to fill it for you.